Jerry Gray Departure

plenzmd1

posted in the si truth and rumors section forn NFL.com. I am still searching for the article at the site, will edit this post if i can find it.

It looks like Jerry Gray, Buffalo's terrific defensive coordinator, is going to have a chance to become the Rams' next head coach.

-- NFL.com

he'd be perfect for them...he's so mike martzian...

martz=passpasspasspasspasspasspasspass

gray=blitzblitzblitzblitzblitzblitz

505741[/snapback]

Apparantly you didn't watch the KC game. According to the announcers, we're one of the least blitzing teams in the league.

CW

I liken this to the rumors two years ago about Haslett coming here..."local" boy comes home feel-good type story. More feasible with Gray, since we wouldn't need to be compensated, but probably the same "reason."

I liken this to the rumors two years ago about Haslett coming here..."local" boy comes home feel-good type story.  More feasible with Gray, since we wouldn't need to be compensated, but probably the same "reason."

505807[/snapback]

Greggo is from near Kansas City if I recall. Wonder why there are no rumors about him going there?

And with Gray, he only played for the Rams in L.A. Not much of a homecoming if he goes to St. Louis.

Greggo is from near Kansas City if I recall.  Wonder why there are no rumors about him going there?

And with Gray, he only played for the Rams in L.A.  Not much of a homecoming if he goes to St. Louis.

505815[/snapback]

They have pretty much the same organization though since the LA days. John Shaw. Georgia Frontiere, etc.

Look at the job Gray is doing in Buffalo this season; on Sunday, the Buffalo defense limited the Chiefs to three points, while racking up six sacks and intercepting three passes...His performance this season is only elevating his value, which already was high.

That's funny considering Buffalo's run defense is horrible this year. I guess these writers pick one game to "prove" how good someone is. I thought this year's Bills D was killing Grey's chances at a HC job.

This ought to be a lesson to people who buy into the hype of certain players of coaches. So much of a reputation is built on press clippings that barely have anything to do with reality.

I think Flava Flav of Public Enemy said it best: "Don't believe da' hype!"

PTR

Look at the job Gray is doing in Buffalo this season; on Sunday, the Buffalo defense limited the Chiefs to three points, while racking up six sacks and intercepting three passes...His performance this season is only elevating his value, which already was high.

That's funny considering Buffalo's run defense is horrible this year.  I guess these writers pick one game to "prove" how good someone is.  I thought this year's Bills D was killing Grey's chances at a HC job. 

This ought to be a lesson to people who buy into the hype of certain players of coaches.  So much of a reputation is built on press clippings that barely have anything to do with reality.

I think Flava Flav of Public Enemy said it best: "Don't believe da' hype!"

PTR

505882[/snapback]

I was just going to insert this paragraph... What a joke of an article this is! The bills defense is one of the worst in the league. Terrible converting a 3rd down, horrible at stopping the run, and very undisciplined playcalling. Injuries haven't helped, but can't be used as an excuse. The bills D was terrible with vincent, adams and spikes in there, let alone not playing.

As for gray leaving, so be it... Hopefully the bills can promote krumrie or get another good DC (hell, maybe wade will come back)... Man that would be good.

Team president--TD

GM--Ron Wolf (rumored to be coming back)

HC--Mularkey

OC--Martz

DC--Wade

ST--Bobbby April

That's a decent lineup!

I liken this to the rumors two years ago about Haslett coming here..."local" boy comes home feel-good type story.  More feasible with Gray, since we wouldn't need to be compensated, but probably the same "reason."

505807[/snapback]

Haz definitely wanted the Bills HC job (as per a direct conversation Jim had with my brother who talked to him at an off-season sports banquet) and Ralph wanted him, too. Tom Benson vetoed the move, however....

He deserves it. Great guy, great coach, players love to play for him.

I know him personally and wish him well.

posted in the si truth and rumors section forn NFL.com. I am still searching for the article at the site, will edit this post if i can find it.

It looks like Jerry Gray, Buffalo's terrific defensive coordinator, is going to have a chance to become the Rams' next head coach.

-- NFL.com

505739[/snapback]

Haz definitely wanted the Bills HC job (as per a direct conversation Jim had with my brother who talked to him at an off-season sports banquet) and Ralph wanted him, too.  Tom Benson vetoed the move, however....

505916[/snapback]

Fred Smerlas says Haz still would like to coach the Bills. He said he would be the

defensive line coach. And they would love to get the Bills to the Super Bowl.

Fred Smerlas says Haz still would like to coach the Bills. He said he would be the

defensive line coach. And they would love to get the Bills to the Super Bowl.

505946[/snapback]

Didn't Smerlas out Haslett for doing 'roids? Personally I don't trust anything that spews from Fred's mouth especially since he's become a kiss ass for the Patriots. That said I expect if we do lose Gray and Haslett was available he'd be at the top of the charts for replacement for D cordinator due to his connections to Mularkey and Donahoe.

-- NFL.com

505739[/snapback]

That is an organization headed in the right direction. Lets see, 14 minutes to go, two score lead, why don't we just keep blitzing!