Was I wrong to count the Bills out?

BuckeyeBill

Granted... if they somehow DO make the playoffs, I will be shocked if they don't have their jock-straps handed to them in the first round... but.... do they have a chance to get there in the first place? YES THEY DO.

My thinking is that 9-7 will win this division, and possibly 8-8 (with a tie breaker) may take the prize as well.

The Jets are about to implode (if they haven't already)... if they end better than 6-10 I will be shocked. The Dolphins will find a way to lose at least three more games... they won't end up better than 8-8.

Meaning the division will be down to the Patriots and the Bills.

Patriots need to lose 2 games and lose to the Bills. They will be 9-7.

The Bills can only lose 2 games and win agains the Patriots. They will be 9-7.

It will come down to a tie breaker of which the Bills now hold the advantage (assuming they win versus the Patriots in five weeks).

The game of the year is obviously the Patriots game at the Ralph. But a key game will be this week's Kansas City game. If somehow the Bills beat the Chiefs and the Patriots lose to the Chiefs (whom they play in 3 weeks) and lose the Bills in five weeks, all the Bills have to do is match the Patriots week to week and they are in the playoffs.

It is a very real possiblity considering how awful the Patriots are this year. Should I be getting my hopes up again? Only to be crushed once more??

What do you think?

Granted... if they somehow DO make the playoffs, I will be shocked if they don't have their jock-straps handed to them in the first round... but.... do they have a chance to get there in the first place?  YES THEY DO.

My thinking is that 9-7 will win this division, and possibly 8-8 (with a tie breaker) may take the prize as well. 

The Jets are about to implode (if they haven't already)... if they end better than 6-10 I will be shocked.  The Dolphins will find a way to lose at least three more games... they won't end up better than 8-8.

Meaning the division will be down to the Patriots and the Bills.

Patriots need to lose 2 games and lose to the Bills.  They will be 9-7.

The Bills can only lose 2 games and win agains the Patriots.  They will be 9-7.

It will come down to a tie breaker of which the Bills now hold the advantage (assuming they win versus the Patriots in five weeks).

The game of the year is obviously the Patriots game at the Ralph.  But a key game will be this week's Kansas City game.  If somehow the Bills beat the Chiefs and the Patriots lose to the Chiefs (whom they play in 3 weeks) and lose the Bills in five weeks, all the Bills have to do is match the Patriots week to week and they are in the playoffs.

It is a very real possiblity considering how awful the Patriots are this year.  Should I be getting my hopes up again?  Only to be crushed once more??

What do you think?

497567[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing to be honest, we just have to play well and win a couple that we're not supposed to. I think 8-8 will win the division. I also think we are going to destroy the Patriots when we see them at home later this year. If we beat the Chiefs this weekend and somehow pull off a win in San Diego (doubt it) then we have a very good shot at winning this weak division. If only the Tedy Bruschi (We're not worthy!) joke of a game last week hadn't been decided prior to the game beginning we would be 4-4 and in control right now. Instead, the NFL and the refs had to decide the game for them.

By the way, they looked AWFUL last night and last week. They are a figment of what they used to be.

New Bruschi (We're not worthy!) just finished the tough part of their schedule. I expect they go 6-2 the rest of the way with the team they have on the field now. Two games against Miami (both wins), two against the Jets (both wins), one against us in the Ralph (loss), one in KC (loss), New Orleans and Tampa at home (both wins).

We are coming in to the tough part of our schedule and even if we pull off a couple upsets I can't see us going more than 4-4.

But, yeah stranger things have happened. I'm rooting for the Bills to finish strong but I wish our second half schedule was as light as our first half schedule. :o

You're wrong to have any hope. Mike Williams is a total bust as the 4th overall pick in the draft. We lost TKO and the biggest surprise for me this year is that every once in a while Josh Reed can actually catch a ball. JP- i have nothing to say. Dont come at me with this first year starter BS either because his problems arent average mental mistakes they're straight up a lack of mental toughness. Honestly, apart from a couple free agent pickups and drafting McGahee and clements, Donahoe has completely underwhelmed me.

Jesus. For a second there I thought it was 2004 again.

Here we are again, discussing keeping a hack on the field for some delusional playoff run. Who gives a crap about the Pats record? Play Losman, and let the chips fall where they may.

If the Bruschi (We're not worthy!)'s collapse and our squad gets in, even better. Then Losman gets some playoff experience. It's doubtfull, because the Pats have four games left with the Jests and the Phelons, but you never know. Mularley should have been prepping him for two weeks to start the KC game, instead of scoreboard watching and letting the Pats record dictate what they do.

Imo, the Bills CAN beat KC. It IS possible. At least one other team in the division will lose; perhaps all 3.

497575[/snapback]

I will go a bit further and declare that I guarantee one team in the division will lose. All three, however, will not.

New Eng at Miami 1:00 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 13

They'll have to win their next two games to convince me that there's any hope. Even then, its a longshot. The Bills went 3-5 against one of the softest schedules in the league with opponents combined records at 26-39. The three teams they beat are 6-18.

The remainder of the schedule is brutal. The next 8 opponents are 38-28, 29-13 if you toss the three AFC East games out. They've got three very tough games on the schedule: Denver (6-2), Carolina (6-2) and Cincinnatti (7-2). They pretty much have to run the table against the other 5 (and NE is likely a must win for the tiebreaker) and probably need to steal at least one win against the 3 above as well. That would make them 9-7. There's a chance 8-8 will win the division, but realistically, I don't see it happening.

Unfortunately, with a run D allowing 150 yards/game and 5 yards per carry, I don't think we have to worry about it much.

i see the pats splitting with us, miami (a loss at the pennington's might happen, but not so likely) and losing to tampon/KC.

if we go 9-7 we have a VERY good chance of making it to the post season. I expect the AFC west to fall apart like it always does, so we even have a shot at a play off win!!

MAYBE

What do you think?

497567[/snapback]

1. We have to beat San Diego IN San Diego....a pretty tall order

2. We have to beat Carolina at Home...again a pretty tough game as Steve Smith is currently the best WR in the league.

3. We have to play the Jets and Fish at their place...Divisional opponents are always tough matchups

4. We have to play the 7-2 Bengals at their place.

5. 3 of the last 4 games are on the road....including the last 2.....

It is very hard for me to see us go 6-2 in the 2nd half....At the beginning of

the season I was hoping we could could 6-2 in the 1st half and then 4-4 in

the 2nd half....

Alright, putting on my rose colored glasses for a moment....

We'd have to beat KC at home.

We could lose to SD on the road.

We'd have to knock off Carolina at home.

We'd have to win in Miami and then knock off the Pats at the Ralph, both possible.

We'd have to either beat Denver at home or win on the road in Cinci, we could lose one of those games.

Then we knock off the Jest in the New Years Day game.

It IS possible, tho unlikely. The big one, as stated before, is KC at home. We win that one, and we may have a shot.

The way we've been playing, theres no way we make the playoffs. But we know this same old song and dance. Noodle arm keeps in the race just long enough to not get JP enough game experience. we miss the division by 1 game at 8-8, and they the real problems fail to get addressed, as we just "need to play more consistently"

Do i want the Bills to win out and make the playoffs? HELL YES!

Do i think we will? NO!