Was I wrong to count the Bills out?

BuckeyeBill

On one hand I believe the Bills and their fans need to act as if we are still in this thing until mathmaticly eliminated, or close to it. On the other hand, they have an almost impossible task remaining. The Chiefs are a good team. The Chargers are better than their record indicates, and the Carolina Panthers may end up in the Super Bowl. Those are Buffalo's next three opponents. If Buffalo only wins one of those three games, they have games at Miami. Miami isn't the bunch of patsies they were a year ago, and this one is in their territory. The second Patriots game isn't a gimme, and Denver has been very tough this season. Buffalo has five losses and needs to go 6-2 minimum the remainder of the season to have a chance at the playoffs. I just can't see them getting through the rest of the season without three or more losses.

Let's see, we had 2 golden opportunities to take the lead in the AFC East and be in the driver's seat and we BLEW BOTH OF THEM. Now all of a sudden we are going to get some more opportunities and capitalize on them? I don't think so.

I don't care what New England does or doesn't do - we've had our chances and we haven't done anything with them so I have little faith that we'll make the playoffs.

Start Losman - missing the playoffs and starting a guy next year with 4-5 games under his belt is a recipe for another failed season.