Eric Moulds

Cobra

I'm sick of listening to Eric Moulds cry all the time. It use to be only when he played bad, but now it's even when he does have a good game. I wished he'd be a man and admit he pushed off. He never takes blame for anything, and always calls out another person on the team. I think it's time for him to move on!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sick of listening to Eric Moulds cry all the time.  It use to be only when he played bad, but now it's even when he does have a good game.  I wished he'd be a man and admit he pushed off.  He never takes blame for anything, and always calls out another person on the team.  I think it's time for him to move on!

493640[/snapback]

He's a stoic compared to many posters here.

Perhaps you should consider moving on because you're complaning about nothing.

Eric Moulds has done more for this franchise than anyone on this roster and stuck with the Bills when he could have taken a lot more money elsewhere.

Here's what he said:

"He called offensive pass interference, so I guess he saw something that I didn't see," Moulds said. "But the officials made the call, and we've got to live with it. I don't think I (pushed off). Even the New England guys were saying, "We got away with one that time.' It was a crucial point in the game, and at that point I feel like we should be able to play."

Perhaps you're different, but I don't fault players for wanting to win.

I think it's time for him to move on!

493640[/snapback]

Perhaps you should consider moving on because you're complaning about nothing.

Eric Moulds has done more for this franchise than anyone on this roster and stuck with the Bills when he could have taken a lot more money elsewhere. 

Here's what he said:

"He called offensive pass interference, so I guess he saw something that I didn't see," Moulds said. "But the officials made the call, and we've got to live with it. I don't think I (pushed off). Even the New Bruschi (We're not worthy!) guys were saying, "We got away with one that time.' It was a crucial point in the game, and at that point I feel like we should be able to play."

Perhaps you're different, but I don't fault players for wanting to win.

493853[/snapback]

The previous posters point was who said about the NE guys getting away with it...It was Eric Moulds....not the coach or a direct quote from the NE player.....

Eric has dropped passes this season and has not provided the veteran leadership around which the team would rally around.....

Take Big Ben.....Hines Ward is his go to guy and Big Ben (If you saw the

MNF game, you will know), throws the balls safely away from the defender

and Hines puts in that extra effort to grab those balls....and Ward protects

his QB by blocking for him.....

I haven't seen or heard anyone mention Eric being that kind of a teacher to

JP......

Moulds is a good receiver...but not necessarily in the elite status as

the Harrisons or TOs.....like the game breakers....the go-to guy who can

make catches in double coverage when you need a first down...May be he

was that kind of player....but the last time I same any kind of consistency

from him was when he played with Flutie.....

This is similar to the same argument we had last year regarding Pat Williams...You

can't keep holding to your past....you have to move forwards...Teams that do

that win championships....Teams that are not afraid to let go off their fading

stars are the ones who play in January.

This is similar to the same argument we had last year regarding Pat Williams...You

can't keep holding to your past....you have to move forwards...Teams that do

that win championships....Teams that are not afraid to let go off their fading

stars are the ones who play in January.

494102[/snapback]

Yeah, letting Pat Williams go was the first step to building a dynasty! :lol:

Yeah, letting Pat Williams go was the first step to building a dynasty! :lol:

494106[/snapback]

Lettting Pat Williams go was a cap decision....Signing him for what he

demanded would have hurt this team in the long run....

Plus there have been many threads that have discussed the decline of

this defense attributed not to the Pat Williams departure and I am not

going to rewrite all those...

The point is when star players play starts declining, people don't want to

let go of them.....People keep thinking those players can continue to

play like they did in their prime on and on......

There was a reason why Montana was released by the 49ers....even though

they had no clue if young would be successful....But they had to give a chance

to Young to find out if he could be successful....Same was done by Dallas to

Emmit Smith....the guy who replaced Emitt necessariyl was not a superstar

or a superstar in making...but they had to find out.....the list goes on.....

In fact the bills held on to Andre Reed for a few years more than they needed

to and it showed in his playing.....Look at how Bruce smith struggled to the

finish line to get the sack record......and what was Washingtons record with

Bruce Smith in his final years.....

The steelers never resign aging players.....Lloyd, Neil O'Donell, the guy who

we had in our camp last year....they were all good or outstanding players...

but when the time came when these guys were over 30, they all found out

that the team did not want them....the team prefered to go with the younger

ones...

There was a reason why Montana was released by the 49ers....even though

they had no clue if young would be successful....But they had to give a chance

to Young to find out if he could be successful....with the younger

ones...

494119[/snapback]

Just so ya know...at the time, it was clear that Young was the better of the two QBs and was going to be the starter. This wasn't a crap-shoot. This wasn't letting the starter leave w/o a known solution. Young was the starter and Joe didn't want to be a back-up. He was publicly whining and was making too much $ to justify being a distracting back-up QB.

Not taking a position on the PW discussion...but, Montana is not a good example here.

I'm sick of listening to Eric Moulds cry all the time.  It use to be only when he played bad, but now it's even when he does have a good game.  I wished he'd be a man and admit he pushed off.  He never takes blame for anything, and always calls out another person on the team.  I think it's time for him to move on!

493640[/snapback]

I agree completely. For lack of a more succinct term, Moulds is a loser. It's difficult to bring young players up to a level where they demand excellence from themselves when you have a leader who underperforms, then whines and points the finger and is constantly letting everyone know that he could be somewhere else. Lying in the face of video evidence with regard to a critical penalty he committed is just not a good example of leadership. But then again, he drops too many passes and spits in opponents faces when frustrated and would never admit that either. How can a young player look up to a guy like that?

I agree completely.  For lack of a more succinct term, Moulds is a loser.  It's difficult to bring young players up to a level where they demand excellence from themselves when you have a leader who underperforms, then whines and points the finger and is constantly letting everyone know that he could be somewhere else.   Lying in the face of video evidence with regard to a critical penalty he committed is just not a good example of leadership.  But then again, he drops too many passes and spits in opponents faces when frustrated and would never admit that either.  How can a young player look up to a guy like that?

494185[/snapback]

I think a more succinct term for Moulds is punk, not loser. :lol:

Agree with the rest of your points... but he's still got talent, I'll miss him next year. :lol:

I would much rather have a TO or a Chad Johnson than an EM (even in his prime) IMHO. TO and CJ my B word and moan alot or run their mouths but the men PRODUCE on the field and provide game breaking plays. EM not so much. I recall many a game where a big catch should have been made and EM dropped a pass or fumbled the ball which resulted (not always directly) in a Bills loss. He was a good (by no means great) receiver who has worn out his welcome in Buffalo. This team was not a playoff team this season because their defense blows, and EM did nothing to help a young QB to develop. He only cares about getting his yet does nothing to back it up (like TO), and for this EM is a loser.

He's always said he's jealous of guys like Marvin Harrison because he got to play with one QB his whole career. Well Eric look around the league...that rarely happens in the free agency era, and its not like QBs that have come through buffalo don't look your way: DB- never looked off of you which was a problem. Flutie-you were his go to guy, RJ well he = RJ, and Losman didn't throw your way because you didn't go out of your way to help him when he struggled, you only gave up, and the NO game was a prime example (short arming a 3rd and 5 pass and dropping it then not even attempting to turn into a defender on the INT). So instead of helping the organization you claim to love by helping JP develop, you are probably out of here next year and will have to learn yet ANOTHER system. So I ask you one question Eric Moulds: What will you do next year when you go to a "winner" and are most definitely not the number one option?

You can call it crying or whatever you want. Some of the things said about Moulds here are valid, some take it too far.

Regardless of your opinion on Moulds, the offensive pass interference call may have been marginally correct by a letter of the law interpretation. The problem is that that level of "push off" happens about 75 times in every single game in the NFL. How many times have you seen it called? It's not crying. It's just a fact.

I'll never understand all the EM negativity on here. I have always liked the fact that he will voice his opinion (even if it is at times negative). I seriously doubt that he was going out of his way NOT to help JP develop. Why would he do that? JP has a cannon (supposedly) that should suit Moulds, Evans and Parrish. It seems silly to call a 10 year (?) Bills player a punk or loser. He wants the Bills to win, we want the Bills to win (at least most of us do). He has shown this season that, when given the opprtunity, he can still dominate and put points on the board. Keep it up Eric and GO BILLS!!!!! :lol:

I'll just say that some of you who state things about Moulds as facts may atleast consider the possibility that you only know about a tenth of what the guy is really like as a player and teamate. Atleast have this in the back of your head while making yourself feel smart by calling him a loser.

I'll just say that some of you who state things about Moulds as facts may atleast consider the possibility that you only know about a tenth of what the guy is really like as a player and teamate. Atleast have this in the back of your head while making yourself feel smart by calling him a loser.

494371[/snapback]

Yeah, you losers. Remember this when talking about that punk Eric Moulds.