Halloween

stevestojan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Birthday IS a holiday. Or, might be somewhere.

I usually go out on Halloween, just so I don't have to be around for it. I have a stomach ache tonight, so I'm leaving the porchlight off, wetting down the welcome mat real good with salt water, and running my battery charger to it.

Terrible "horror" movies on all day, little kids ringing my doorbell for handouts, the end of daylight savings time, so it gets dark at 2 in the afternoon, and the cold weather is right around the corner. All around, a depressing night...

492528[/snapback]

I thought your party was big on handouts? :doh:

I love it. It's all about corny fun. I'll watch about four stupid slasher movies and put back a few beers tonight. Just mindless fun.

Terrible "horror" movies on all day, little kids ringing my doorbell for handouts, the end of daylight savings time, so it gets dark at 2 in the afternoon, and the cold weather is right around the corner. All around, a depressing night...

492528[/snapback]

Wow, you're way too young to be this bitter. I love Halloween (and I think The Birds is a good movie too, by the way).

The only depressing thing is that hardly any kids seem to care about Halloween any more. I had a whole stevestojan-load of candy to give out, but only one sorry-ass group of kids knocked on our door. Only two of the four kids was even in a costume. Maybe it's just here in Atlanta, but these damn kids today... I don't know if they're gonna make it.

492528[/snapback]

jeez man, did you not get any while your lady friend was visiting?

Wow, you're way too young to be this bitter.  I love Halloween (and I think The Birds is a good movie too, by the way).

The only depressing thing is that hardly any kids seem to care about Halloween any more.  I had a whole stevestojan-load of candy to give out, but only one sorry-ass group of kids knocked on our door.  Only two of the four kids was even in a costume.  Maybe it's just here in Atlanta, but these damn kids today... I don't know if they're gonna make it.

492912[/snapback]

Dude, I love Halloween. We have a great time in my neighborhood in Richmond. Almost as much decorations on the houses as at Christmas. We`start with a party in a cul de sac around 4.00pm, of course with a nice keg of Sam. Nice BBQ going, and at around 6.00pm, we head off to trick or treat. For the last three years, have gone with the same group of 3 dads, with a nice case of Bass Ale in the cooler on the red wagon we tote around. Trick or treat fro two hours with about a group of 10 kids.

Finished up the night on my porch with said dads in front of a nice fire watching the Stiller game. Wife sais prolly over 100 kids came to the door

Stojan: Part kid-who-has-some-growing-up-to-do, part grumpy-old-man. Do you shake your fist angrily at the "damn kids" who run across your yard? :doh:

And you're the last person I expected to hear complain about the WNY weather...

The only depressing thing is that hardly any kids seem to care about Halloween any more.  I had a whole stevestojan-load of candy to give out, but only one sorry-ass group of kids knocked on our door.  Only two of the four kids was even in a costume.  Maybe it's just here in Atlanta, but these damn kids today... I don't know if they're gonna make it.

The thing I've noticed over the past few years is that kids are DRIVING to the houses now. Maybe it's just in our area, but I see a ton of minivans drive to the neighborhood, doors fly open and kids run out like a SWAT team. Once they finish the block, they pile back in the van and drive to the next block. Wash, rinse, repeat. I understand why parents go with the kids, but why do they have to drive 'em all over the place? What's wrong with walking to the houses, isn't that half the fun...? :doh:

I hope I never see this.  But If I do, I hope I happen to have about 15 cartons of eggs on me.

492938[/snapback]

It happend all over the place down here. Me and my girl went with a friend of mine took her 3 boys (12, 6, 3) trick or treating. She lives in this huge suburban development with townhouses and such, where you can literally trick or treat at 300 houses within a mile of her house. But while we were walking, there were boatloads of the "SWAT-team" trick or treaters that stop, open the door, the kids run out, hit the houses, and then off to the next block. Apparently the new fad over there was to drive your kids to the houses in your golf cart as well.

Needless to say, we walked, or chased the kids everywhere, and they had a ton of fun. IMO, walking is still the way to go on Halloween, unless you live in the boonies and there arent houses for miles.

Stojan: Part kid-who-has-some-growing-up-to-do, part grumpy-old-man.  Do you shake your fist angrily at the "damn kids" who run across your yard? :doh:

:lol:

Dude, I love Halloween. We have a great time in my neighborhood in Richmond. Almost as much decorations on the houses as at Christmas. We`start with a party in a cul de sac around 4.00pm, of course with a nice keg of Sam. Nice BBQ going, and at around 6.00pm, we head off to trick or treat. For the last three years, have gone with the same group of 3 dads, with a nice case of Bass Ale in the cooler on the red wagon we tote around. Trick or treat fro two hours with about a group of 10 kids.

Finished up the night on my porch with said dads in front of a nice fire watching the Stiller game. Wife sais prolly over 100 kids came to the door

492922[/snapback]

I totally agree! We had a blast at my sister's last night. They always have a big crowd of neighborhood parents and kids over for pizza and then everyone heads out to trick or treat around 7. I stayed behind this year with a few others, drinking beers and giving out candy, laughing about old Halloween stories. It's a great holiday.

Not a single kid showed up yesterday in my apartment complex

492968[/snapback]

Next time don't sit in the driveway in a rocking chair holding a gun. :wub: I recommend stojan try the opposite. <_<

We went to a neat part of Lockport last night (an area where most folks are sitting in their driveways and a lot of the houses are done up nice...one guy and his friends dress up as KISS and "air play" to kiss songs), but alas we got there a little late. Many of the houses were dark already so we ended up going around the block. Didn't end up with the haul that we've ended up with in the past from that area, but it was fun anyway.