To those who want to fire TD / MM

Albany,n.y.

I still think the jury is out on Mularkey. I really think the guy is getting a bit too much of the blame on here.

Donahoe's tenure is lengthier, and is farther into the realm of darkness I suppose, but he just signed an extension. Same goes for Pioli, for those who are suggesting him as a candidate. Seattle offered him big bucks and he turned it down to stay in NE.

A guy I like as an upcoming GM prospect is Jason Licht, formerly of the Pats and now with the Eagles. Young guy who has pretty much seen nothing but success and has learned from the best in his time in the NFL.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there really no one available in the 2d round last year that would've helped more than a 160 lb WR?

And if he can't evaluate talent on top of it, than we really do have the wrong guy.

485597[/snapback]

There were two guys - Barnes & Roos, but they were taken just ahead of the Bills. The only other bonafide tackle left was Adam Terry, whose stock slid a lot at draft time.

Let's also consider that next year the OL stock is supposed to be stellar, and Bills will have an extra 3rd rd pick.

Of course that shouldn't stop us from complaining that we didn't select an OL in the 2nd round of a weak draft ;)

It all comes down to our d line and o line performing. that is the bottom line to winning in this league. the talent we have in those positions, especially on the o line, is a joke.

so it isnt a coaching issue for me, its a talent isue. and i think we know whose responsibility it is to bring in the talent.

Thanks for the research.  So in the past 3 years, a total of 4 picks; one in each of the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds, plus a couple of bottom feeder FAs.  That's not even close to trying hard enough.  Was there really no one available in the 2d round last year that would've helped more than a 160 lb WR?

And if he can't evaluate talent on top of it, than we really do have the wrong guy.

485597[/snapback]

Since our needs are at DT and OL here were the choices --

59 - DT Justin Babineaux : Not starting and undersized in ATL.

64 - OT Adam Terry : 3rd on the depth chart in Baltimore.

79 - OG Evan Mathis : Backs up both G positions with CAR.

81 - C Richie Incognito : Not on STL's depth chart??

That's all that was available. Seeing as how almost everyone believed that Reed was going to the Reed of 2004 not 2003 this year Parrish was the right pick as was Everett.

If both of those players are healthy we would be a much different team. Maybe not 7-0 or 6-1 but I could see us being 5-2 since both would've opened up the offense and holes for Willis to run through.

There simply weren't any players on the OL or DL that would've made the impact that these two WOULD'VE made if they were on the field.

I could argue for drafting DE Justin Tuck but not at our pick in the 2nd -- the Giants reached a bit for him.

An offense run by Losman with Moulds, Evans, Reed, Parrish, Everett and McGahee would've had a lot of potential but it never got on the field.

An offense run by Losman with Moulds, Evans, Reed, Parrish, Everett and McGahee would've had a lot of potential but it never got on the field.

BUT, what of the line???

You can have all the talented, high draft picks you want at the skills positions (like the Bills have), but you still need the time to pass OR the holes to run thru.

Games are won/lost in the trenches. It's always been like that and it will always be like that.

Any wonder why this is such a mediocre team??? We do have talent in the skills positions, but not to much anywhere else.

:P  Says who?  You?  ;)

485561[/snapback]

SDS,

I'm only going by what I've read. But, this, out of a "reporter", I do believe.

A while back, I read an interview or article with John Fox and he was less than supportive about his interview here. OR, was it Fassel???

It was one of the potential head coaches, and he mentioned a problem with control of the players, and INSINUATED a trust issue. Also, many say that TD didn't get this guy or that guy, so TD is a jerk. Many people don't realize that when someone interviews, the person doing the interviewing is being interviewed just as much as the potential employee.

No, I have no links, it was a while back.

Same goes for Pioli, for those who are suggesting him as a candidate. Seattle offered him big bucks and he turned it down to stay in NE.

485626[/snapback]

Who knows if the Bills, or anyone, could land Pioli, but just because he turned down one job doesn't mean he'll never take a GM job with another team.

Since our needs are at DT and OL here were the choices --

59 - DT Justin Babineaux : Not starting and undersized in ATL.

64 - OT Adam Terry : 3rd on the depth chart in Baltimore.

79 - OG Evan Mathis : Backs up both G positions with CAR.

81 - C Richie Incognito : Not on STL's depth chart??

That's all that was available.  Seeing as how almost everyone believed that Reed was going to the Reed of 2004 not 2003 this year Parrish was the right pick as was Everett.

If both of those players are healthy we would be a much different team.  Maybe not 7-0 or 6-1 but I could see us being 5-2 since both would've opened up the offense and holes for Willis to run through.

There simply weren't any players on the OL or DL that would've made the impact that these two WOULD'VE made if they were on the field.

I could argue for drafting DE Justin Tuck but not at our pick in the 2nd -- the Giants reached a bit for him.

485759[/snapback]

babineaux is contributing.......he is lightening fast off the ball and given the amount of snaps adams takes off would have been an excellent back-up in his mold.......

don't forgot about marcus johnson and khalif barnes.......both we're taken within the 10 picks before us and we could have traded up to grab them......

and by the way, not EVERYONE had given up on reed........i said during the off-season he was going to surprise a lot of folks.......he has been unnecessarily critized on this board but he's a player........too bad he's going to leave after this season and blossum elsewhere........

don't forgot about marcus johnson and khalif barnes.......both we're taken within the 10 picks before us and we could have traded up to grab them......

485808[/snapback]

And Bills could have drafted Jonathan Ogden and Orlando Pace, had they traded up, as well.

Of course, Bills could have also gotten the OL version of Ryan Denney by trading up.

Why don't we stick with actual reality in discussing personnel moves, instead of the Madden reality that you hold TD's standard to. You know, the reality where you need a second party with whom to execute a trade. Convenient how you forget stories that Bills tried to move up in the 2nd round, but there were no takers.

And Bills could have drafted Jonathan Ogden and Orlando Pace, had they traded up, as well.

Of course, Bills could have also gotten the OL version of Ryan Denney by trading up.

Why don't we stick with actual reality in discussing personnel moves, instead of the Madden reality that you hold TD's standard to.  You know, the reality where you need a second party with whom to execute a trade.  Convenient how you forget stories that Bills tried to move up in the 2nd round, but there were no takers.

485831[/snapback]

it is perfectly reasonable to expect a small trade up in the 2nd round to land the right talent for this team, especially when we're sitting there with no 1st round pick......johnson was only 6 picks before us and barnes only 3.......if we couldn't swing a deal to get either of those guys OBVIOUSLY we weren't offering enough.....but hey, i suppose that is TD's MO......

do you have a link that shows the bills tried to move up in the 2nd round?

SDS,

I'm only going by what I've read. But, this, out of a "reporter", I do believe.

A while back, I read an interview or article with John Fox and he was less than supportive about his interview here. OR, was it Fassel???

It was one of the potential head coaches, and he mentioned a problem with control of the players, and INSINUATED a trust issue. Also, many say that TD didn't get this guy or that guy, so TD is a jerk. Many people don't realize that when someone interviews, the person doing the interviewing is being interviewed just as much as the potential employee.

No, I have no links, it was a while back.

485788[/snapback]

It was Fassel, and I believe it was Speculation by esteemed football journalist Mark Weiler. Giants' guy thought differently....Also saw notes somewhere from an "exclusive" interview with WGRZ where Fassel talks about the interview "going well."

babineaux is contributing.......he is lightening fast off the ball and given the amount of snaps adams takes off would have been an excellent back-up in his mold.......

485808[/snapback]

Big guy I thought the Bills whiffed on was Elton Brown out of UVA. Dude was considered a certain first rounder , had a good season, but didn't perform well at the combine and on his interviews. Goes in the fourth.

Starting for the Cardinals, which in and of itself no great shakes, but from everything I have read is improving game by game.

Now, he was drafted a few positions ahead of Preston, but maybe, just maybe, we could have stockpiled a few OL . This is not revisionist history, as I was screaming during and after the draft we needed OL, and this guy was steall in the fourth. Would have been a steal in the second in my mind, but what do I know, I am just a dumb, ticket buying fan!!!

Besides Big Mike, he hasn't drafted an O-lineman before the 4th round for 5 years. I think on the defensive side of the ball we're in much better shape. We need another dominating big body in there like Pat or Ted (or whomever) to complement Sam.

485477[/snapback]

Did you see the thing they flashed on the screen yesterday......The Atlanta

Falcons starting line up is comprised of the following draft picks

LT : 7th Rounder

LG : 5h Rd

C : 5th Rd

RG : 5th Rd

RT : UDFA

What we need is a good evaluator of teh talent, not the round from

where they picked....

it is perfectly reasonable to expect a small trade up in the 2nd round to land the right talent for this team, especially when we're sitting there with no 1st round pick......johnson was only 6 picks before us and barnes only 3.......if we couldn't swing a deal to get either of those guys OBVIOUSLY we weren't offering enough.....but hey, i suppose that is TD's MO......

do you have a link that shows the bills tried to move up in the 2nd round?

485887[/snapback]

There was talk about it at draft time on this board (use the search function)

A small trade by your standards can be huge by others. Would you trade Duke Preston and Roscoe Parrish straight up for Khalif Barnes? That's what you're suggesting.

There was talk about it at draft time on this board (use the search function)

A small trade by your standards can be huge by others.  Would you trade Duke Preston and Roscoe Parrish straight up for Khalif Barnes?  That's what you're suggesting.

486016[/snapback]

if you want to make a claim do your own research to back it up......until then you haven't proved anything that shows the bills made an effort to trade up......

i did not suggest that we should have traded our 2nd and 4th for 4 spot bump -- that would be over-paying........we should have traded our 2nd, 5th, and 6th, which would have been an equitable trade.......would have been well worth it to secure a LT for not just the future but the present......much more valuable then a 3rd WR and punt returner when those roles were already adequately filled on the bills roster........

It was Fassel, and I believe it was Speculation by esteemed football journalist Mark Weiler.  Giants' guy thought differently....Also saw notes somewhere from an "exclusive" interview with WGRZ where Fassel talks about the interview "going well."

485912[/snapback]

Weiler...... gasp, gasp, gasp!!!!

I guess I stand corrected. If it was from him, I know better than to even read his crap.

I formally apologize for my actions.

Weiler...... gasp, gasp, gasp!!!!