2nd annual Bills beating in Foxboro

and for the 2nd consecutive year, ol Chaz will be sound asleep.

<_<

483758[/snapback]

I haven't missed a Bills game in person or live tv since the 1980's, but I'm not watching this game. I don't get too down after losses, but there just isn't a good reason to waste 3 hours on a guaranteed beat down when the team doesn't have significant emerging talent in development to watch.

Tim Anderson is the biggest problem on defense(honorable mention to Crowell), but there are a lot of old cadavers out there too, and no good young depth to step in and put them out of our misery. Posey, Fletcher, Milloy and Vincent just aren't up to the task. The good young defenders the Bills have are edge/finesse players(McGee/Clements/Schobel/Kelsay) who need a physical interior defense to make them look good. On the road that young talent is handcuffed.

On offense, they can feed Moulds/Evans/Reed/FF Smith/Parrish short passes for the next 9 games and eek out a few home wins if they wish, but this team won't be playoff bound if Holcomb is starting next year or if Losman is starting but doesn't get his reps now. They need some line help and badly need a big target to provide the erratic Losman some margin for error and attract the safeties to the center of the field and open up opportunities for Evans deep. IMO, Everett, Campbell and Euhus ain't the guys for the job.

i disagree about Everett.  He's going to be a player if he recovers from the injury.

agree about Campbell and Euhus

484031[/snapback]

I'm a 'Canes fan, watched a lot of Everett, he is a workout warrior but not very instinctive or athletic and was not at all good in the passing game. Good TE's seem to have an innate ability to find the soft spots in zone coverage, never saw that out of Everett. I hope I'm wrong but the league is loaded with TE's who come into the league with raw talent and not a lot of experience in the passing game, and most turn out to be grunts like Jason Dunn.

I haven't missed a Bills game in person or live tv since the 1980's, but I'm not watching this game.  I don't get too down after losses, but there just isn't a good reason to waste 3 hours on a guaranteed beat down when the team doesn't have significant emerging talent in development to watch.

You guys are crazy. Have you SEEN the Pats' defense this year?

I'm not saying the Bills will win, but don't dismiss it outright.

You guys are crazy.  Have you SEEN the Pats' defense this year?

484158[/snapback]

That's the nicest thing you've ever said...but we all know what's going to happen.

PTR

I am tempted to bet my life savings on the Pats covering the spread... we may NEVER get another chance like this one... (until next year.)

484123[/snapback]

Better to lay the odds and take the Pats to win outright. You don't want to get burned on a garbage time score.

484158[/snapback]

Something tells me the Pats will use this game as an opportunity to get back on track. Giving Belichick two weeks to prepare is not a comforting thought.

484158[/snapback]

Stop it, man, just stop it. You know as well as we do the Bills have no shot in this game. We appreciate the faux pessimism and patronizing, but this game has all the makings of a bloodbath. With apologies to Shannon Sharpe, someone get FEMA on the line and get the relief trucks headed north.

I am tempted to bet my life savings on the Pats covering the spread... we may NEVER get another chance like this one... (until next year.)

484123[/snapback]

Be careful on this game. That line at 8 seems fishy to me. I would think the Pats, coming off the bye, with the way the Bills have played on the road would be at least double digit favorites. Fishy lines are usually fishy for a reason.

I know one that smelled in college ball this week was UVA-NC as a pick em. Didn't exactly load up, but hit a nice one there.

They beat the Jags on national TV Sun night for G Williams first win.  I guess that was '01 or '02?

484975[/snapback]

I don't remember that one...

The last win I remember was that Monday night game that was here vs the Broncos.

I was at that game :angry: FUN FUN :P

That was about 10 years ago...I think I even remember the Bronocs wearing throwbacks then...

Stop it, man, just stop it.  You know as well as we do the Bills have no shot in this game.  We appreciate the faux pessimism and patronizing, but this game has all the makings of a bloodbath.  With apologies to Shannon Sharpe, someone get FEMA on the line and get the relief trucks headed north.

484951[/snapback]

By this time next week Wilma maybe ready to pound New England region with heavy rain..

Run and stop the run .......oh forgot we can't stop the run......

By this time next week Wilma maybe ready to pound New England region with heavy rain..

Run and stop the run .......oh forgot we can't stop the run......

484986[/snapback]

We can stop the run, we just use the back of the endzone as the "12th" defender. :angry:

I don't remember that one...

The last win I remember was that Monday night game that was here vs the Broncos.

I was at that game :angry:  FUN FUN :P

That was about 10 years ago...I think I even remember the Bronocs wearing throwbacks then...

484982[/snapback]

They also beat Titans at home Sunday night before labor day a few years ago.