Are some of you looking forward to

taterhill

so you can come on this board and say I told you so....i have never understood why someone would root for a team...only to find things wrong with each and every victory...enjoy it..sports are entertainment, not life or death...

478118[/snapback]

For the love of god, every single week people post on the board on the "proper" way to enjoy a game. Different people see and feel different things. I, for one, don't want to come to this board every week to see every single post being a "YAY FOR US!" or a "WE TOTALLY SUCK!" post. Diversity is a good thing.

Personally, I enjoy the hell out of the victories but I also enjoy looking at the team's play and critiquing the poor play as well as lauding the good play. I think this is what many people enjoy, yet every time somebody says something critical we get the above message about how to “enjoy” the win.

so you can come on this board and say I told you so....i have never understood why someone would root for a team...only to find things wrong with each and every victory...enjoy it..sports are entertainment, not life or death...

478118[/snapback]

Tis' the Tyranny of the Self-Esteemed, tater.

Get used to it. :w00t:

Who here has whined that Holcomb is playing poorly? Who here has said that this was a big mistake and there is no way KH should be playing instead of JP. The very worst people have said, myself included, is that they are happy with Kh's play and the wins but he is not the answer at quarterback because of limitations in his game, and that JP MAY have been able to win the games, too. Even the posters who are harping on his few poor (albeit costly bad decisions and plays) ackknowledge that he is playing well, the offense is performing better and they're happy with the wins. The only question is whether or not it is retarding JP's growth and whether or not that is worth it. That is entirely debatable. Please, tell me who in your mind is hoping that KH fails?

Who here has whined that Holcomb is playing poorly?

478172[/snapback]

To be fair, I made a post last week asking what it was that he did that was so great (other than be the QB of note for the W).

But, a win is a win. Would I rather see a win AND see JP develop on the field? Hell yeah. But, if this is the way the team is going to go, who the hell am I to B word about it?

For the love of god, every single week people post on the board on the "proper" way to enjoy a game.  Different people see and feel different things.  I, for one, don't want to come to this board every week to see every single post being a "YAY FOR US!" or a "WE TOTALLY SUCK!" post.  Diversity is a good thing.

478127[/snapback]

Here is what *I* want out of posters:

1. Have a good time. If you're just a crotchety bastard who does nothing but complain - stop bringing everyone else down.

2. Post smart messages. It can be about the Bills or about something else, but make it interesting. I would rather read a smart conversation about hurricane formation over a dull, juvenile Bills post. BTW, "smart" isn't limited to pointy-headed smart. It also includes wit and charm.

3. Remember your audience and pay attention to group dynamics.

If you adhere to these points - everything else falls into place.

Is your memory really that short? :blink:

478177[/snapback]

I was referring to after yesterday's game. Like calling for JP to be put back in right now after the two wins. I think it would be better for JP to be playing myself, but don't think they should make this switch now. Surely there were a lot of folks who complained about the switch when it happened. I was complaining about his complaining after yesterday's games. i think the criticism of Kh is warranted because it was very minor. Posters were acknowledging he played well but made some mistakes.

I wish they would have stayed the course with JP, but am pleased with Kelly's play. I believe we would have won both these games with either QB, but that is only opinion.

I am concerned with the fact we played two anemic teams, one that did everything to give the game to us, and barely won either. KH almost gave away the game himself yesterday.

After six weeks I see the QB's playing like they are perceived:

JP- Played like a raw youngster, overwhelmed with the speed and difficulty of the pro game.

KH- Playing like a career long backup, almost Frank Reichish. If you are looking for people to give him more credit then that, I think you are overestimating.

I am stoked we won, and look forward to beating a brutal Raiders team. Taking nothing for granted though, I hope the Bills play better out there this season, then they did last.

no why would i root for our starting qb to have a bad game?hey i really want jp to suceed,i bought his throwback jersey and the white away jersey,but he does have his whole career ahead of him and as long as kelly has the 1st down chains moving do not mess with him.can you imagine if td didnt sign a kelly holcomb??we would have either been starting jp or evn shane matthews or a teserverde ourselves,go bills "in 05

Personally, I'd like to see this situation descend into another Flutie-RJ debate. I can see it now...Holcomb just wins, even if he does have a noodle arm. But what about the young kid's fabulous arm and potential?

Maybe we'll secure a wild-card spot with one game left to play in the season, and they'll stick JP in for the meaningless finale, and he'll light up the scoreboard, and the coaches will bench Holcomb for JP for the wild-card game, and then...

I'm very concerned with the "one poor handoff a game" and the read that ended in what should have been a game changing interception.

That said, he made a ton of plays, especially in the redzone. I thought he should have been starting opening day because he was the best QB on the roster. I think if that'd have been the case, we may very well be undefeated (though we'd likely be the worst 6-0 team in NFL history).