Teddy Kennedy helps rescue fisherman

I often wonder if Teddy and Laura Bush have ever shared their thoughts on what it's like to be responsible for the death of another human being?

That's something I'm sure none of us would want to carry around either. We all have our burdens to bear.

I often wonder if Teddy and Laura Bush have ever shared their thoughts on what it's like to be responsible for the death of another human being?

That's something I'm sure none of us would want to carry around either.  We all have our burdens to bear.

478128[/snapback]

who are Teddy and Laura Bush?

Let me guess at the coming responses.... "That's different."

478137[/snapback]

Other than the fact that she didn't leave the driver of the other car there to die and she was a 17 year old high school student and he was a 37 year old Senator. Other than that there was no difference. :blink:

Other than the fact that she didn't leave the driver of the other car there to die and she was a 17 year old high school student and he was a 37 year old Senator.  Other than that there was no difference.  :blink:

478187[/snapback]

See he told you so. He always knows everything.

See he told you so.  He always knows everything.

478203[/snapback]

Actually, the point was that we are all humans and humans often do stupid things, no matter how old, or what job they have. Not trying to excuse him for his bad decisions.

Insert 'Teddy Kennedy Is Not Human' joke here. :blink:

That's something I'm sure none of us would want to carry around either.  We all have our burdens to bear.

478128[/snapback]

Had to get the Laura shot in, didn't you?

Laura Bush didn't leave a live person trapped in an upside-down car in less than 6 ft of water. The rear end was sticking out of the water! Mary Jo Kppechne ran out of air . Ted had plenty of time to save her if he wasn't so drunk.

Had to get the Laura shot in, didn't you?

478380[/snapback]

Two horrific accidents, both regrettable and preventable. One brought up every chance, one never discussed.

"It's different".

To the dead person or their family it ain't.

Both are bad.

So are double standards.

Two horrific accidents, both regrettable and preventable.  One brought up every chance, one never discussed.

"It's different".

To the dead person or their family it ain't.

Both are bad.

So are double standards.

478469[/snapback]

Double standards? It's apples and oranges. Everyone down to the janitor at Bellvue knows that if the name wasn't Kennedy, it would have been a manslaughter charge.

Laura Bush didn't leave a live person trapped in an upside-down car in less than 6 ft of water. The rear end was sticking out of the water! Mary Jo Kppechne  ran out of air . Ted had plenty of time to save her if he wasn't so drunk.

478434[/snapback]

He said he dived repeatedly to try and get her out but couldn't, since you were apparently there and witnessed all this and know this to be untrue, you should go to the police and swear out a warrant since there is no statute of limitations on murder. Let us know how that works out.

Double standards? It's apples and oranges. Everyone down to the janitor at Bellvue knows that if the name wasn't Kennedy, it would have been a manslaughter charge.

478472[/snapback]

Actually, as one who has worked on many a drunk driving fatality, under the laws and prevailing attitudes of the time, a hobo wouldn't have done a day in jail let alone a Kennedy. The only reason it was even news was because it was a Kennedy.

He said he dived repeatedly to try and get her out but couldn't, since you were apparently there and witnessed all this and know this to be untrue, you should go to the police and swear out a warrant since there is no statute of limitations on murder.  Let us know how that works out.

478499[/snapback]

Yeah, it's really unlike law enforcement to turn a blind eye to transgressions by the political or fiscally elite - especially in the Northeast.

He said he dived repeatedly to try and get her out but couldn't, since you were apparently there and witnessed all this and know this to be untrue, you should go to the police and swear out a warrant since there is no statute of limitations on murder.  Let us know how that works out.

478499[/snapback]

That's right, I keep forgetting that in Mickey's world there is absolutely no chance whatsoever of a liberal democrat ever being in the wrong. How long did it take him to get to his cronies and how long after that did it take anyone to report the accident?