Does anyone still believe

Kipers Hair

It's not difficult to think that this team doesn't have a realistic shot at the playoffs.  In fact, it's quite easy.  :(

476258[/snapback]

Those damned double negatives.

Figures the negatives tripped me up in a negative laden thread.

Point still stands. AFC East sucks, and every team has a shot at the division title.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a check on who still has the Rose colored glasses on here - Who still thinks the Bills are a playoff team?  Going in to the season, I saw little reason to believe...after week 1, I had hope...since then, i want a top 10 pick since there would be no benefit from going into the playoffs with the team we have.

Who still is burning a torch the playoffs and what are you realistically expecting?  I myself and resigned to the fact this this is a team wrought with holes in the offensive and defensive lines, lacking decisive leadership and still does not know what it has at the QB position long term...

476056[/snapback]

There are several questions here...but I think you want to know:

Do the Bills have a legit shot to make the playoffs this year? Yes

Am I wearing rose-colored glasses? No

Have I given up on the coaches and the QB (the GM, the owner, etc)? No

Do I think the team (5 games into the season with a 2-3 record) should tank the rest of the season to get a better draft pick? Uh...uh...Fu#k No

Normally I don't resort to name calling but, "kitty Quitter" fits you like a glove, bro.

I think it comes down to one thing, and that is we must split with the Patriots. A sweep of Miami and New York won't be easy, it's possible because neither team is excellent, but we haven't exactly exhibited that quality either.

If we improve steadily threw out the season I think we can sweep the Jets and Dolphins, but what about the pesky Patriots?

Even missing both coordinators, and having a host of injuries this is still a very good team. As it stands we would lose both, and even with a ton of improvement against the Jets and Oakland I give us little chance to win Sunday night in Foxboro (what evidence do we have that any Bills team the last 5 years could win this game?).

That said we get New England in Buffalo, in the winter. Not like the Patriots don't know how to play in a cold climate, but that kind of weather can really be a wild card. Besides the weather if the Bills are still in it by the second New England game that means we have improved dramatically.

If we can beat the Patriots in one of the two, and go 5-1 in the division we have a decent chance at the playoffs. In the meantime we need to hope New England struggles against our common opponents, because in the event of a division tie, and record tie, within the division it comes down to common opponents, not AFC record.

Right now Buffalo is 0-2 against teams New England has played, or will play, and New England is 2-2 against teams Buffalo has played, or will play. That excludes division teams, as the Division tiebreaker is before the common opponent tiebreaker.

I realistically believe that as of last week, this team isn't a playoff team.

I realistically believe that they COULD become a playoff team with better play and a little luck.

...or getting healthy, as they appear to be doing. Also the switch of QB's, while it might delay the development of Losman, will help towards making the playoffs, and Holcomb's performance should improve as he gets more comfortable and gets some players back on offense.

I realistically believe that as of last week, this team isn't a playoff team.

I realistically believe that they COULD become a playoff team with better play and a little luck.

476332[/snapback]

Man, I can't remember more whining after a Bills victory, than this past weeks.

Just remember, last season, the Bills played like ass the first 5 weeks of the season. The defense (granted playing a bit better early on last season, than this) couldn't stop anyone when they needed to, and the offense was pitiful. It was the second half of the Jets game, in the Meadowlands, where the Bills offense started to click. Although we lost that game, you could see the improvement week to week after that, with a few bumps in the road (Ravens, Pats). There is some reason to believe that this could happen again...the Bills have a relatively new O-line, two new starting QB's, and are trying to overcome a big loss (IMO) in the middle of their defense.

I feel like I am living in the Twilght Zone. After all the crap this team has been throught the last 5 seasons, and we stuck with them, why are so many jumping ship on this season after 5 weeks. We are 1-0 in our divison, 2-0 in our conference, and 1 game away from a share of the division lead in the AFC East. No one circles the wagon like the Buffalo Bills, but apparently, no one runs away, tail between their legs when the sailing gets ricky, than some of their fans...

Are the Bills a playoff team? I doubt it...but hey, if they win this week...3-3 and 3-0 in the CONFERENCE....still a chance....

Would I root for the Bills to lose games for a better pick? No so much "root" but ONLY if the Bills were elimated at lets say, 4-9, I wouldnt mind if they then lost the last 3 to get a better pick, but I wouldnt openly ROOT for that to happen if you catch my drift.

The Bills won a game last week against a very good defense with the entire right side of their OL (the best side of their line in most pundits opinion) out (sans extra points by Williams).

They moved the ball at will their first three drives aided by some penalities but they still made clutch plays.

They shut out an offense that had shown the ability to move the ball in previous games during the first half.

They forced 4 turnovers and recovered a bad snap.

They continued to display dominant special teams.

They get missing pieces of the offensive line back this week.

I don't think its rose colored glasses to give them a few more weeks before counting them out.....

I'm going to guess that you're in the neighborhood of 25-28 years old. Am I close?  :(

I know you know this, but there was a team loooooooong before Kelly-Smith-Thomas.

476174[/snapback]

No actually late 30's - Always a fan, but became a spoiled fan during those times...

Am I wearing rose-colored glasses?  No - Come on now...maybe a cheerleading pom-pom or two?

Have I given up on the coaches and the QB (the GM, the owner, etc)?  No  The GM is the only guy I have given up on ...that said, I guess a high fdraft pick does no good with TD anyway...

Do I think the team (5 games into the season with a 2-3 record) should tank the rest of the season to get a better draft pick?  Uh...uh...Fu#k No - But you have to admit - of the two wins, one was against a really bad team, (Houston) and the other against a team that is probably 7-9 at best...  Of the three losses, the two playoff teams whipped is red and the third loss was to a team that was amped by their first "home" game.  A convincing win Sunday might turn me around...

Normally I don't resort to name calling but, "kitty Quitter" fits you like a glove, bro. - Come on now...

476265[/snapback]

Of course we do. Anything is possible and until they're mathematically eliminated by the play on the field, they're in it. Stranger things have happened in this league. What remains to be seen is if we can begin to get old Mo on our side.

Frez is right: Week 6 is YOUJAH!

Let's look at it another way.

The playoffs have already started.

Every game is virtually a must win from here on out.

10/16 - New York Jets

10/23 - @ Oakland

10/30 - @ New England

11/13 - Kansas City

11/20 - @ San Diego

11/27 - Carolina

12/4 - @ Miami

12/11 - New England

12/17 - Denver

12/24 - @ Cincinnati

1/1 - @ New York Jets

9-7 might take this off-year AFC East title.

So, let's say we get old Mo on our side and we end up at 3-3 this Sunday.

That's six more Ws needed to capture the flag and four home games remaining.

If you can't see 6 Ws in the following list, say goodbye from the playoffs this year.

To make it simple for the faint-of-heart, I've colorized the games remaining after this Sunday that I feel are most winable by The Bills.

10/23 - @ Oakland

10/30 - @ New England

11/13 - Kansas City

11/20 - @ San Diego

11/27 - Carolina

12/4 - @ Miami

12/11 - New England

12/17 - Denver

12/24 - @ Cincinnati

1/1 - @ New York Jets

Yes I am still sporting my rose colored glasses and proud of it. Why be a fan otherwise, in fact, if you do not believe you are not (repeat NOT0 a fan.

Remember, this is entertainment after all and not life or death or even real life for any of us. Can't anyone enjoy anything around here?

I always wait until the Bills are officially ineligible for a playoff spot to toss my cookies on the season.

What is the alternative if you watch football to have FUN?

I have the off season to look at and plan for NEXT season. No, I do not own rose colored glasses, but I am not Chicken Little either..

I look forward to each game, each week. The !@#$ing season is only 17 weeks!

:(

Just a check on who still has the Rose colored glasses on here - Who still thinks the Bills are a playoff team?  Going in to the season, I saw little reason to believe...after week 1, I had hope...since then, i want a top 10 pick since there would be no benefit from going into the playoffs with the team we have.

Who still is burning a torch the playoffs and what are you realistically expecting?  I myself and resigned to the fact this this is a team wrought with holes in the offensive and defensive lines, lacking decisive leadership and still does not know what it has at the QB position long term...

476056[/snapback]

476056[/snapback]

Fixing the offensive line is the top priority. Without a good line, we have no chance of making the playoffs. If the OL plays half way decent the Bills will have a small chance heading into the final weeks of the season.

Man, I can't remember more whining after a Bills victory, than this past weeks. 

Just remember, last season, the Bills played like ass the first 5 weeks of the season.  The defense (granted playing a bit better early on last season, than this) couldn't stop anyone when they needed to, and the offense was pitiful.  It was the second half of the Jets game, in the Meadowlands, where the Bills offense started to click.  Although we lost that game, you could see the improvement week to week after that, with a few bumps in the road (Ravens, Pats).  There is some reason to believe that this could happen again...the Bills have a relatively new O-line, two new starting QB's, and are trying to overcome a big loss (IMO) in the middle of their defense.

I feel like I am living in the Twilght Zone.  After all the crap this team has been throught the last 5 seasons, and we stuck with them, why are so many jumping ship on this season after 5 weeks.  We are 1-0 in our divison, 2-0 in our conference, and 1 game away from a share of the division lead in the AFC East.  No one circles the wagon like the Buffalo Bills, but apparently, no one runs away, tail between their legs when the sailing gets ricky, than some of their fans...

476339[/snapback]

Hey, I wasn't whining - I was just mentioning how I perceived the team.

Oh, and by the way, Go Bills. :(

I always wait until the Bills are officially ineligible for a playoff spot to toss my cookies on the season.

What is the alternative if you watch football to have FUN?

I have the off season to look at and plan for NEXT season. No, I do not own rose colored glasses, but I am not Chicken Little either..

I look forward to each game, each week. The !@#$ing season is only 17 weeks!

:(

476494[/snapback]

Amen. Off-season's long enough without starting it just over a 1/4 way into a season...

476056[/snapback]

Hell no there aint a chance. Next year is out for sure too. Malarkey's decision not to play Losman will be the reason. The Defense will be even worse next year. Then again whos at the top of the draft table these days.