Boomer Essiason thinks the Jets are a

1billsfan

Boomer = former Jet

Might cloud the issue a tad for him. I know he and most sports pundits claim to be objective, but that's probably b.s.

475872[/snapback]

That, and the fact that he was on a local radio program as opposed to to his network gig. I have no problem with former athletes being homers.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per an interview he did on wfan in nyc this morning. While I could easily see the Bills losing to them I can just as easily see a win. I just don't get how Boomer thinks the Jets are that much better than our team, to me this is a toss up game.

475852[/snapback]

Without ripping you like most everyone else....

I agree that the game could go either way. At this point in the season, if I was not a fan, I'd never pick the Bills. Honestly, the Bills are not very good. They just beat a dolphins team that did their best to choke away the game and still almost managed to loose...not the sign of a good team. Heres to hope.

That, and the fact that he was on a local radio program as opposed to to his network gig.  I have no problem with former athletes being homers.

475972[/snapback]

Thats true. If Tasker picks honestly, or calls a game unbiased (or a little too unbiased) we give him hell, so in a way maybe we should applaud Boomer being a homer. Of course there is a possibilty that he really believes that the jets should dominate.

Looks like you're the only one who's all bent here. If you're going to rip on someone at least get it right, I characterized this game as a toss up. Hardly the "BILL RULE" hyperbole you're associating with my post. You were about as accurate as Boomer.

:o

475910[/snapback]

a little thin-skinned, are we? if it's not you, it's somebody else. every time an ex-player-turned-analyst or national media member says the bills will lose, we get umpteen posts about how that guy is a homer or doesn't know what he's talking about. like clockwork. i find it somewhat amusing, but mostly tiresome.

a little thin-skinned, are we?  if it's not you, it's somebody else.  every time an ex-player-turned-analyst or national media member says the bills will lose, we get umpteen posts about how that guy is a homer or doesn't know what he's talking about.  like clockwork.  i find it somewhat amusing, but mostly tiresome.

476005[/snapback]

Just like I was saying before the Tampa, Atlanta and Saints game that we had a good chance to lose, I feel the same way that this is a toss up game. I wasn't picking the Bills to win any of those NFC games. I feel with that record I can say I'm fair and balanced enough to call Boomer a tool for his take on how our team rates with the Jets. As of right now, these teams are equal IMO. As the previous post said, on Sunday we'll see what's what. If I feel the Bills are being disparaged by a tool then I'll defend my right to call them out on a message board. If these so-called "homer" type of posts are tiresome then maybe you should just ignore them.

Better ST, Better D, better OL, better running game and yes.....even a better QB.

475864[/snapback]

Better ST? The Bills ST is leading the league in KO return avg. and is second in the league in kick coverage and to top it off Mooreman appears to be back to his old self. Lindell looks a Pro Bowler compared to Nugent thus far.

Better OL and running game? I know it's popular to bash on the Bills Oline but the Bills are averaging 4.2ypc (which ranks 10th in the league). This is without any threat of a passing game. The Jets? They're dead last in the league at 2.7ypc. Yeah, that Jets Oline is doing a great job. :( Sacks? As much as the Bills suck the Jets are one of the few teams that have allowed more sacks this year.

I'll give you the D based on the way the Bills have been playing this year but as bad as the Bills O looks this year the Jets look even worse.

This game is a tossup. If the Bills D can get back on track there's no reason they shouldn't beat a pretty bad Jets team that is on the road. If they can't stop Curtis Martin it'll be a long day.

Boomer ain't been right in the head ever since Bruce got to him.

475968[/snapback]

LOL - I was at that game and it was one of those plays where you were screaming and going crazy and then you realize the QB isn't moving. I thought Bruce killed old lefty....

As far as some of the other posters who think the Jets have a better running game, take a look at the numbers. Martin has hit that dreaded running back wall (plus his line is not getting the job done). Second they lost Lamont Jordan to Oak and replace him with Blaylock from KC who they overpaid and who is now hurt and may miss the rest of the season.

Last year the Jets had a better running game with Martin and Jordan. The Bills are head and shoulders above them this year.

Better special teams? WRONG!  :(  :rolleyes:

We have the better runningback and wideouts then they do and our defense is not that far back from the Jets. Remember they got to play Tampa without Cadillac.

475871[/snapback]

while i think he is justified in saying the jets are better, based on how schitty we've looked, the real advantage for the jets in that game was playing at home in normal temps.

I think the Bills are the lock of the century in this game. People are totally overlooking the fact that the Bills should have an entirely different offense this Sunday.

Mike Williams is starting. No matter what you think his value is regarding his salary, he is a HUGE improvement over Jerman. Villarial, who missed last week's game & has played other games injured, should be at his best this week. That's the whole friggin' right side of the O-line!

Tim Euhus is playing his 1st time this year. A big upgrade over Neufeld & Peters.

If Roscoe plays, our O is even more super charged.

Holcomb looked OK with Jerman at RT, no Euhus, no Parrish. Imagine if he has all these extra weapons at his disposal.

Curtis Martin is banged up & the Jets have no NFL caliber backups with the injury to Blaylock.

Vinny is always good for an interception or 2 at the Ralph.

This game has Bills domination all over it.

You will not hear Boomer say too much negative about the Jets or Bengals.

475855[/snapback]

He's had unkind words for Chad Johnson over his antics.

Esiason isn't much of a B'gals fan - Owner Brown screwed him out of a bunch of incentive money by sitting him down after he came back to the team a few years back, won 3 of 4 for 'em and was named AFC Player of the Month.

LOL - I was at that game and it was one of those plays where you were screaming and going crazy and then you realize the QB isn't moving. I thought Bruce killed old lefty....

476260[/snapback]

I was there too and it's the only time I've ever seriously thought a player was dead on the field.