This guy should be banned from football.

Tux of Borg

I was watching that game, and it was the dirtiest play I've ever seen in a college football game. The guy wasn't even flagged or ejected.

To make matters worse, UVa coach Al Groh turned a blind eye and didn't take Butler out of the game.

Nice going Groh. Good job ACC officials. You represent your league well. ;)

I was watching that game, and it was the dirtiest play I've ever seen in a college football game. The guy wasn't even flagged or ejected.

To make matters worse, UVa coach Al Groh turned a blind eye and didn't take Butler out of the game.

Nice going Groh. Good job ACC officials. You represent your league well.  ;)

471754[/snapback]

I saw that game live... saw the ejection, and then Kiwi's ejection. I was so pissed, Butler needs a lifetime ejection. What's worse is that my Seminoles are going up to Viriginia this weekend to take on those cheaters.

I saw that game live... saw the ejection, and then Kiwi's ejection. I was so pissed, Butler needs a lifetime ejection. What's worse is that my Seminoles are going up to Viriginia this weekend to take on those cheaters.

471786[/snapback]

Betcha they're going to see that clip, plus the rest of the game. :rolleyes:

Great game against WF. Whats with the QB switching?

Go Noles!! :)

Betcha they're going to see that clip, plus the rest of the game. :rolleyes:

Great game against WF. Whats with the QB switching?

Go Noles!! :)

472228[/snapback]

Drew Weatherford is the starter, but they get Xavier Lee in during blowouts, and for a series or 2 here and there...

Lee is the better overall athlete, but was hurt during training camp, so didnt really get to compete for the starters job. They get him to get some playing time in case weatherford does bad/gets hurt. My guess would be next year there is gonna be a scrum for the QB job bewteen Weatherford, Lee, and maybe Sexton (they both should beat him out). Go 'Noles.

(I do have bad bad flashbacks watching the games tho, with us having a tall QB named Drew wearing #11)

Drew Weatherford is the starter, but they get Xavier Lee in during blowouts, and for a series or 2 here and there...

Lee is the better overall athlete, but was hurt during training camp, so didnt really get to compete for the starters job. They get him to get some playing time in case weatherford does bad/gets hurt. My guess would be next year there is gonna be a scrum for the QB job bewteen Weatherford, Lee, and maybe Sexton (they both should beat him out). Go 'Noles.

(I do have bad bad flashbacks watching the games tho, with us having a tall QB named Drew wearing #11)

472423[/snapback]

Thanks, One game scares me. The "swamp" game. :rolleyes:

Go Noles

Fallout from the Butler cheap shot...

Down here in ACC country - people are stunned this kid is still on the team. The ACC prides itself in sportsmanship and runs PSA's during football games to promote this fact. I've never seen such a horrible display of unsportsmanship in my life.

If you like ACC college hoops... Check out this website

"Nationally, we're seen as a team that bullies weak programs, loses every big game we're lucky enough to be in, and worse yet, Brad Butler sealed the deal by going out of his way to cripple not only a future NFL star, but a !@#$ing humanitarian. Joe Sixpack wishes pain on us. And what does Groh say in response? "I don't have any commentary on that. That is up to the officials. I remember plays that determine who won the game." bull sh--. BC's crowd was half-asleep until that sh-- went down.

If I were Groh, I'd cut Butler from the team. Since I'm not Groh, I hope to see a multi-game suspension. I don't care how much we need him on the line. All I know is that what happened to Kiwi will be talked about a lot, and many are going to assume that his "play to the whistle" tactics are the result of coaching. The face of UVA football is comprised of people like Tiki Barber, Herman Moore and Chris Slade. We pride ourselves on being a classy program, and we were up in arms when Ron New Mexico flipped off the WVU crowd. Butler was on some Cobra Kai sh--. You don't think someone like Beamer will bring up this when he's in ma's house trying to recruit their latest DB star away from us?

JSP holding a grude against UVA???

Only 1 game???? ACC should make sure he never plays another down for the rest of his career>

That was so blatant, to cover by saying he was playing till the whistle is BS, and trying to use the defensive lineman's reputation as a talented athlete ("because he is the type of player who makes plays all over the field." ) is even worse.

There was no excuse for that shot, what a disgrace. But the happy part of the story, Butler has come to grips with it ......" I regret this event occurred and have put the incident behind me."

I'm so happy he has put it behind him, I was concerned for him

If I was the coach, I would have been hard pressed to not command my team... EVERYBODY to attack physically that dirty scrub of a player. I hope that haunts him and that unethical coach FOREVER!!!

He should be fined... or have charges brought on him for assault or something.