I stand by Mularkey and Donahoe

Adam

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So......we should like a 1-3 start to the season?  I'm not saying this team needs an overhaul, but to say "like it or else" is going to the other extreme.  I don't like the way the Bills have played, yet I still support them.

467768[/snapback]

I didn't say that, and I wouldn't mean that

All of this hand-wringing over the starting QB is being overblown to laughable proportions. I'm with you Adam, and here's why:

-For starters, nobody from the club has definitively stated that Holcomb will start. I'd laugh my arse off at these chuckleheads if JP trots out there on Sunday.

-We're playing a division rival at home. If the Bills think Holcomb gives them a better shot at winning, then so be it, just win. We'd be right back in the thick of the race with a win on Sunday. As I said in another post, JP is the future, we play in the present, and presently it's the damn 'Phins.

-Miami switched from a 4-3 to an aggresive 3-4 defense. They come from everywhere and have so many different blitz packages that their MLB (Thomas) has to keep a cheat-sheet with him on the field. You expect JP to either learn and/or perform well against that? I just don't think he's there yet.

-Perhaps, juuuuuuust perhaps, JP will benefit more by studying and watching. Maybe it's just a bit too soon to ask him to learn the nuances of the position while he's busy learning game plans?

-TD, MM, RW, et al, don't have crystal balls. They can't see the future, they can only take (very) educated guesses as to what each player is capable of. If they had their way, don't you think that the Bills would win every game by 80 points? Some of the people ripping into the Bills brass over the performance and/or development of given players really need to take a deep breath and count to 10. I gaurantee that everyone within that organization is doing the best they can to bring the Lombardi to Buffalo - isn't winning a Super Bowl the ultimate achievement in their chosen field of endeavour? Does anyone here honestly believe they could do it better, or is it just more fun to snipe on a fricking internet message board?

-IF the Bills offense gets on track under Holcomb, isn't that a good thing?

-IF the Bills lose with Holcomb, does anyone really believe that at this stage in his development JP would have been able to get the job done?

-IF Holcomb starts, we'll average more than the 98 yards passing per game we've had out of Losman.

-Most of the people flying over the top were the ones who bought in to the "addition by subtraction" theory after DB was cut, so I'm a little confused. Weren't they the ones preaching that putting anyone but Bledsoe would help the offense? It appears another change is coming this Sunday, but NOW they try to blame everyone else but the QB position, which up until this summer had a nice target for them to whine about. Bledsoe was chased out of town a year too early and now they want to have their cake and eat it too.

-Every year my posting drops during the season for a few different reasons. Chief among them are the vocal minority of posters who seem to be subject to so much anguish with every loss. Just enjoy each game for what it is because I can tell you firsthand it ain't nothing more than that. It's the comradarie with fellow Bills fans. It's being excited that anything is possible on autumn Sundays. It is cheering for our team. It is a game, and it is supposed to be fun. As pained as many seem to be, I wonder why they bother. I wonder if they're truly having fun yet.

Sending Bledsoe packing was an easy hot pockets solution. Tons of knuckleheads were in here calling for it like an angry mob in a Frankenstein movie (don't worry the illlusion is not lost on me).

Greatest D, Greatest ST, Hall of Fame new WR, Hall of Fame new RB. Bledsoe was bringing us down. B f'n S. Can you see it now? Can you finally freakin' see it?

It wasn't Bledsoe. But Bledsoe made it easy for the coaching staff, the inept GM and a fan base that barely knows what a 4-3 defense is, to point to one guy. That way you don't have to do your homework and see the weaknesses in an offensive line, the lucky bounces that the ST got, the defense that gave up more 1st downs on 4th than anybody. The o line that had more penalties than 30 other teams in the league. A wide receiver corps and TE that were, and are, vastly overrated.

Now you've got more season ticket holders dropping like flies and advertisers going south and it scares the sheit out of the Bills brass. Time for another blame the QB trick. Don't get me wrong, I didn't and still don't think jp can be an NFL quarterback, but it's too late. Most of you got your wish and took a wet behind the ears kid and threw him to the wolves with no apprenticing. Surprise, he sucks!!

And the big 3 jp lovers/Bledsoe haters have finally shut up.

F'n justice.

Sending Bledsoe packing was an easy hot pockets solution.  Tons of knuckleheads were in here calling for it like an angry mob in a Frankenstein movie (don't worry the illlusion is not lost on me).

Greatest D, Greatest ST, Hall of Fame new WR, Hall of Fame new RB.  Bledsoe was bringing us down.  B f'n S.  Can you see it now? Can you finally freakin' see it?

It wasn't Bledsoe. But Bledsoe made it easy for the coaching staff, the inept GM and a fan base that barely knows what a 4-3 defense is, to point to one guy. That way you don't have to do your homework and see the weaknesses in an offensive line, the lucky bounces that the ST got, the defense that gave up more 1st downs on 4th than anybody.  The o line that had more penalties than 30 other teams in the league.  A wide receiver corps and TE that were, and are, vastly overrated.

Now you've got more season ticket holders dropping like flies and advertisers going south and it scares the sheit out of the Bills brass.  Time for another blame the QB trick.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't and still don't think jp can be an NFL quarterback, but it's too late.  Most of you got your wish and took a wet behind the ears kid and threw him to the wolves with no apprenticing.  Surprise, he sucks!!

F'n justice.

467894[/snapback]

Sorry, but you are wrong- Bledsoe WAS a band aid solution. We've been using band aids since 1994 to try and stay good while we reload- fact is, that only works so long. You have to be bad for awhile- look at how long it took the Rams and Ravens to get good- they were terrible before they built their championship teams....its about getting high draft picks, and we haven't allowed ourself to do that, because we stayed on the playoff fringe, when we shouldn't have been there

Well, three weeks ago I would have been with you. But even I have a limit to my patience and understanding.

Donahoe has done many good things, it's just that they are starting to be outweighed by the bad.

I support benching losman, though. Just don't support the losing, no matter who the QB is. I'm tired of it.

Sure, you question them now, and ask for them to change what they do.

Its very easy to stick by what you believe when things are going good. Only great coaches and executives have the fortitude to stick to those convictions when things are going bad- and IMHO, thats what Mularkey and Donahoe are doing, and if they didn't believe in what they're doing, how can the players ever be expected to.

If Mularkey thinks benching Losman is best for him and the team, then so be it. He knows better than me, or any of you.

Patience is the way to go- no team really ever came out of nowhere- no matter what the ESPN crew says about Baltimore and St. Louis- they were terrible for years, and got a bunch of good players year after year in the draft before things clicked.

467716[/snapback]

Lets see....27-41 and counting. Yeah, I can see why people would want to sing TD's praises.

I guess if they stuck with JP we'd praise them for sticking to their guns but since they didn't stick with him, we will praise their flexibility.

Me, I'm simple. Win and I'm happy and will applaud the team, coaches and managers. Lose and I am not happy and will not applaud the team, coaches or managers. Radical thinking, I know, but there it is.

Well, three weeks ago I would have been with you. But even I have a limit to my patience and understanding.

Donahoe has done many good things, it's just that they are starting to be outweighed by the bad.

I support benching losman, though. Just don't support the losing, no matter who the QB is. I'm tired of it.

469449[/snapback]

Bingo in the fireside room Chikkie.

Sure, you question them now, and ask for them to change what they do.

Its very easy to stick by what you believe when things are going good. Only great coaches and executives have the fortitude to stick to those convictions when things are going bad- and IMHO, thats what Mularkey and Donahoe are doing, and if they didn't believe in what they're doing, how can the players ever be expected to.

If Mularkey thinks benching Losman is best for him and the team, then so be it. He knows better than me, or any of you.

Patience is the way to go- no team really ever came out of nowhere- no matter what the ESPN crew says about Baltimore and St. Louis- they were terrible for years, and got a bunch of good players year after year in the draft before things clicked.

467716[/snapback]

While my gut is against the move (I thought JP played pretty well the last game...too many dropped passes), I support the staff right now. We've got to let them make the decisions and then see how they work out. It's far too early to jump all over them (or JP). If JP hs the right stuff he'll weather this setback with no problem.

I'm starting to wonder what might have been had Losman not been drafted, and the Bills had used the main two Losman picks--the 1st and 2nd rounder--on big men for the trenches. We could have given Holcomb the lion's share of snaps in the off-season preparations . . .

Sending Bledsoe packing was an easy hot pockets solution.  Tons of knuckleheads were in here calling for it like an angry mob in a Frankenstein movie (don't worry the illlusion is not lost on me).

Greatest D, Greatest ST, Hall of Fame new WR, Hall of Fame new RB.  Bledsoe was bringing us down.  B f'n S.  Can you see it now? Can you finally freakin' see it?

It wasn't Bledsoe. But Bledsoe made it easy for the coaching staff, the inept GM and a fan base that barely knows what a 4-3 defense is, to point to one guy. That way you don't have to do your homework and see the weaknesses in an offensive line, the lucky bounces that the ST got, the defense that gave up more 1st downs on 4th than anybody.  The o line that had more penalties than 30 other teams in the league.  A wide receiver corps and TE that were, and are, vastly overrated.

Now you've got more season ticket holders dropping like flies and advertisers going south and it scares the sheit out of the Bills brass.  Time for another blame the QB trick.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't and still don't think jp can be an NFL quarterback, but it's too late.  Most of you got your wish and took a wet behind the ears kid and threw him to the wolves with no apprenticing.  Surprise, he sucks!!

F'n justice.

467894[/snapback]

Why are you still here? Isn't there a Bledsoe worship board in Dallas somewhere. :flirt:

Why are you still here?  Isn't there a Bledsoe worship board in Dallas somewhere.  0:)

469979[/snapback]

What 7800 posts makes you arbiter of who gets to post here? Apparently volume and quality can be mutually exclusive.

I'll post where I want thanks