I stand by Mularkey and Donahoe

Adam

Sure, you question them now, and ask for them to change what they do.

Its very easy to stick by what you believe when things are going good. Only great coaches and executives have the fortitude to stick to those convictions when things are going bad- and IMHO, thats what Mularkey and Donahoe are doing, and if they didn't believe in what they're doing, how can the players ever be expected to.

If Mularkey thinks benching Losman is best for him and the team, then so be it. He knows better than me, or any of you.

Patience is the way to go- no team really ever came out of nowhere- no matter what the ESPN crew says about Baltimore and St. Louis- they were terrible for years, and got a bunch of good players year after year in the draft before things clicked.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its very easy to stick by what you believe when things are going good. Only great coaches and executives have the fortitude to stick to those convictions when things are going bad- and IMHO, thats what Mularkey and Donahoe are doing, and if they didn't believe in what they're doing, how can the players ever be expected to.

467716[/snapback]

But wasn't playing JP this year what they believed in? Just a stupid question, prolly going to get angry people on me again, but what happened to that game plan?

I'm not sure right now how many people are really going to stand by mularkey and Donahoe with you... but hopefully you're right and they know what they are doing.

If Mularkey thinks benching Losman is best for him and the team, then so be it. He knows better than me, or any of you.

Patience is the way to go- no team really ever came out of nowhere- no matter what the ESPN crew says about Baltimore and St. Louis- they were terrible for years, and got a bunch of good players year after year in the draft before things clicked.

467716[/snapback]

I'm definitely sticking by TD.....that guy can stay as long as he wants, in my opinion. Mularkey has really disappointed me lately, but I still stand by him as well.....at least for this year.

467716[/snapback]

I'll stand by them as long as I get to push Tom Clements off a ledge.

But wasn't playing JP this year what they believed in?  Just a stupid question, prolly going to get angry people on me again, but what happened to that game plan?

I'm not sure right now how many people are really going to stand by mularkey and Donahoe with you... but hopefully you're right and they know what they are doing.

467722[/snapback]

Thats a bit rigid- maybe he wasn't as far along in his development as they hoped- maybe this is temporary- and he needs to watch and see what he was doing wrong, and maybe he'll go back in after a couple weeks....who knows

Thats a bit rigid- maybe he wasn't as far along in his development as they hoped- maybe this is temporary- and he needs to watch and see what he was doing wrong, and maybe he'll go back in after a couple weeks....who knows

467729[/snapback]

Oh I know the arguments and I'm not totally against doing something about JP's situation, but I am in a slightly hostile mood and thought I'd start some trouble. :blink:

467716[/snapback]

I haven't gone to get the torch and pitchfork just yet Adam, but this is a bit disheartening. I mean, to see a team that has a wealth of talent like Buffalo that fails to address the fundamental aspects of the game (like winning the game in the trenches) year in and year out just puzzles me. When they felt we needed a boost to the running game, in came McGahee. When they were tired of struggling w/ young, untested QBs like Collins and RJ, in came Bledsoe. Why our OL has never been the beneficiary of such upgrades is beyond me.

I'm still w/ the Bills and will continue to do things like spend nearly 2 grand to attend a game in San Antonio, drive 7 hours each way over a long weekend to attend home games, and shell out over $700 for season tickets, but I sure would love to see them aggressively attempt to address our OL, and, now, our DL.

I have a HUGE problem when a coach preaches something all season long (including the off-season) and all of the sudden changes his mind, that is rather BS, if you ask me.

Just last week he told us that JP was the starter, if you go to Two Bills Drive and check the past several weeks worth of articles. you will see that the coaching staff needs to remain patient, as well as the fan base. But, what do they do now? They unofficially bench him for WHO?? Kelly Holcomb????? Come on, it's not like he is a great player or even a has-been. He only has a handful of starts to his credit and he is supposed to "spark" our team???

They should stick with JP and get him through the tough times, just like Marino, Kelly, the Manning brothers, Favre, Palmer, etc did.

HUGE mistake if this rumor has any truth to it.

But wasn't playing JP this year what they believed in?  Just a stupid question, prolly going to get angry people on me again, but what happened to that game plan?

467722[/snapback]

The problem with that game plan was it wasn't working ....... just like any "game plan" if it doesn't work the coaching staff better make adjustments before it's too late or the game is lost.

For what it's worth ....... I stand behind the Bills ....... I may not agree with what they are doing at any given time ....... I for sure don't understand the reasonings for some of the moves ...... but that's the what they get paid the big buck to do and understand.

I'm just a fan ....... I just want to cheer our victories ........ and bemoan our losses.

No one will back you here because they are all doomsayers.

Yes the Bills stink. Yes they have been bad for many years now.

Deal with it.

I say if you dont like it find a new team!

467758[/snapback]

So......we should like a 1-3 start to the season? I'm not saying this team needs an overhaul, but to say "like it or else" is going to the other extreme. I don't like the way the Bills have played, yet I still support them.