USA Today - Low Blow

It was pretty low for the USA Today, in front sports page article on struggling AFC East, to write "...J.P. Losman (pronounced "Loss-man")...". Give the guy a break! It's bad enough all the second guessing for a new QB, now they stoop to making cracks on his name :)

Give em hell J.P. and make em all eat crow! That is just pure BS.

It was pretty low for the USA Today, in front sports page article on struggling AFC East, to write "...J.P. Losman (pronounced "Loss-man")...".    Give the guy a break!  It's bad enough all the second guessing for a new QB, now they stoop to making cracks on his name :)

Give em hell J.P. and make em all eat crow!  That is just pure BS.

465653[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I am starting to hear that down here in Miami from all of these Dolphin fans. I really hope that we kick their ass this weekend.

Me too! A win against Miami is a fine salve on an open wound. I just hope these guys get up for this game. I'm not so sure they really have a hot rivalry w Miami anymore (sad). When I was young I suffered through the 21 straight losses to Miami. In my mind, until that score is evened, we cannot beat them enough.

GO BILLS - Kick some Tuna!

It was pretty low for the USA Today, in front sports page article on struggling AFC East, to write "...J.P. Losman (pronounced "Loss-man")...".    Give the guy a break!  It's bad enough all the second guessing for a new QB, now they stoop to making cracks on his name ;)

465653[/snapback]

I feel so honored to live in a world in which journalists earn a wage by writing articles that viciously denigrate 24-year olds with limited experience for their subpar performance in a high-pressure environment. :)

oh, wait...JP's being paid millions of dollars, so that gives people the right to crap all over him in a national paper. :lol:

oh, wait...it's the author's first amendment right. :lol:;)

I feel so honored to live in a world in which journalists earn a wage by writing articles that viciously denigrate 24-year olds with limited experience for their subpar performance in a high-pressure environment.  :)

oh, wait...JP's being paid millions of dollars, so that gives people the right to crap all over him in a national paper.  ;)

oh, wait...it's the author's first amendment right.  :lol:  :lol:

465687[/snapback]

I agree. They should be required to write that he is great.

I feel so honored to live in a world in which journalists earn a wage by writing articles that viciously denigrate 24-year olds with limited experience for their subpar performance in a high-pressure environment.  :)

oh, wait...JP's being paid millions of dollars, so that gives people the right to crap all over him in a national paper.  ;)

oh, wait...it's the author's first amendment right.  :lol:  :lol:

465687[/snapback]

You're kidding right?

Typical.

The day after TKO went down USA Today ran a big article on injuries plaguing the AFC East. The entire article was about Pennington, Fiedler and Rodney Harrison. No mention whatsoever of TKO. :)

It'll be years until The Bills become media darlings again. So if that's what you're after I suggest you chill out for awhile and come back later - say 2007 or so. Because time is running out for this year's squad to find an identity other than a Chinese Firedrill.

Nobody likes a loser and the lack of success at OBD for most of the DonnaHo era makes it infinitely easier for the national media to heap scorn on The Bills than to sing their praise.

It was pretty low for the USA Today, in front sports page article on struggling AFC East, to write "...J.P. Losman (pronounced "Loss-man")...".    Give the guy a break!  It's bad enough all the second guessing for a new QB, now they stoop to making cracks on his name :)

465653[/snapback]

Stop whining and face the facts JP has been bad. the team as bad. this is the big time he and the team better improve. And the buffalonian " everybody picks on me" is old and tiresome. Do something!

If JP cares about a jackass reporter making fun of his name, then he doesn't belong in the NFL.

It's pretty simple, JP is a celebrity and is open game. Perks of the job is your a millionaire and you get to bang as many hot chicks as you want. The down side is a newspapers reporter is going to write stevestojan about you. Sign me up for that anyday!

We need Kelly, Thomas and Reed at the game to rally the troops.

It was pretty low for the USA Today, in front sports page article on struggling AFC East, to write "...J.P. Losman (pronounced "Loss-man")...".    Give the guy a break!  It's bad enough all the second guessing for a new QB, now they stoop to making cracks on his name :D

465653[/snapback]

Instead of being known as the queen city, Buffalo should be called "The City of Perpetual Whiners". Typical Buffalo paranoia and inferiority complex at work here.

Maybe the writer simply wanted to clarify the pronunciation of his name so people don't say it as "lows-man" or "Lawz-man" . It's hardly uncommon in newpaper articles for athletes who are anything less than household names to have the pronunciations shown.

But wait a minute..... It must be because Buffalo is a small market team! Yeah, that's it. Isn't there someone that we can sue!?!?!

Typical.

The day after TKO went down USA Today ran a big article on injuries plaguing the AFC East. The entire article was about Pennington, Fiedler and Rodney Harrison. No mention whatsoever of TKO.  :D

It'll be years until The Bills become media darlings again. So if that's what you're after I suggest you chill out for awhile and come back later - say 2007 or so. Because time is running out for this year's squad to find an identity other than a Chinese Firedrill.

Nobody likes a loser and the lack of success at OBD for most of the DonnaHo era makes it infinitely easier for the national media to heap scorn on The Bills than to sing their praise.

465707[/snapback]

Such is life with the double-edged sword of the market economy. Big markets are big markets and when decisions about column inches or the opinions stated in an article are driven by the market then other issues such as fairness, balance or even accuracy take a back seat.

Certainly these "side-issues" such as accuracy should be at the center of articles and coverage and I am happy that some still advocate this, our advocacy needs to also realize that money talks and the rest often walks in our market economy.

The NFL used to a sport that happened to also be a business. Now it is a business that also happens to be a sport.

Instead of being known as the queen city, Buffalo should be called "The City of Perpetual Whiners". Typical Buffalo paranoia and inferiority complex at work here.

Maybe the writer simply wanted to clarify the pronunciation of his name so people don't say it as "lows-man" or "Lawz-man" . It's hardly uncommon in newpaper articles for athletes who are anything less than household names to have the pronunciations shown.

But wait a minute..... It must be because Buffalo is a small market team! Yeah, that's it. Isn't there someone that we can sue!?!?!

465865[/snapback]

You judge for yourself. Here is the exact quote from the USA Today article:

"The Bills won eight of their final 10 games last season, making many forget — until now — that they started last season 0-4. The Bills have lost three in a row and the job of starting quarterback J.P. Losman (pronounced LOSS-man) is in jeopardy." maybe the emphasis on LOSS was not an intentional stab, eh?

You judge for yourself.  Here is the exact quote from the USA Today article:

"The Bills won eight of their final 10 games last season, making many forget — until now — that they started last season 0-4. The Bills have lost three in a row and the job of starting quarterback J.P. Losman (pronounced LOSS-man) is in jeopardy."  maybe the emphasis on LOSS was not an intentional stab, eh?

465988[/snapback]

Generally in a pronuciation key, letters are capitalized to impart emphasis on a sylabol.

In this case, LOSS-man, would be a correct representation of the the pronunciation of his name. :D

It was pretty low for the USA Today, in front sports page article on struggling AFC East, to write "...J.P. Losman (pronounced "Loss-man")...". Give the guy a break! It's bad enough all the second guessing for a new QB, now they stoop to making cracks on his name mad.gif

JP is really a nice guy, unlike me. So, what has JP done for us lately?