This is kinda interesting

in my quest to prove Mark VI wrong about the misnomer of "hook and ladder"...I found this gem in Profootball Weekly in 2004:

"Question: How long do you go before pulling the plug on the 2004 version of the Carson Palmer project? This was the year the Bengals were supposed to take a big step forward, but instead, they’ve stepped off the edge, and springs and bolts and parts are flying in all directions.

I’ll come out and say it — Palmer has been a disappointment. Big things were expected, and he hasn’t delivered. The Bengals have only three touchdown drives of more than 70 yards all year. Palmer’s passer rating has sunk to 59.8, and the team hasn’t rallied around him. Next Monday the Bengals host Denver, and who really expects them to win that game in their current condition? On the horizon you can see 1-5."

patience Bills fans....Palmer looks mighty good this year...

But Palmer didn't have a proven winner playing backup QB behind him... :lol:

Patience is for losers. I want us to keep cycling through GM's coaches and QB's until we win the Super Bowl. And forget yearly, I want to do it monthly.

What I've been saying since week 2.

Good to see the experts are on board. If more people accepted my genius, this world would be much better off.

465097[/snapback]

I seem to recall a lot of "experts" telling us how much better the Bills would be as soon as we got rid of Bledsoe.

I guess you forgot.

I seem to recall a lot of "experts" telling us how much better the Bills would be as soon as we got rid of Bledsoe.

I guess you forgot.

465108[/snapback]

NEWS FLASH:

There's no guarantee we'd be better with Drew here than without.

He's looked mighty ordinary in half his starts....those being the starts in which he played AVERAGE defenses.

I guess you forgot.

465108[/snapback]

It came down to when you wanted to take your medicine...now or in a year or two...besides, we have one more win this year than we did with DB after 4 games!

As good/not good as Drew has played so far, he's about to be looking at a 2-3 record. So what's changed?

465117[/snapback]

Nothing, and that's the problem with Drew. Looks like he didn't even give his obligatory 8 game stretch of hope.

The Eagles are going to destroy his world.

But Palmer didn't have a proven winner playing backup QB behind him...  :lol:

Patience is for losers.  I want us to keep cycling through GM's coaches and QB's until we  win the Super Bowl.  And forget yearly, I want to do it monthly.

465096[/snapback]

You're showing way too much patience. You should demand such changes WEEKLY at least. :lol:

:lol:

I'll send you my 1969 media guide where the same improvement was predicted for Dan Darragh. :lol:

Coaches have to understand how to use their roster correctly, based on experience and talent. Losman has talent but no NFL experience, yet is having a full playbook shoved down his throat. Meanwhile, #21 gets shorted on carries with an OL who's strength is run blocking.

The coaching staff deserves to walk on hot coals this week. It will take time with Losman but in the meantime, running the ball isn't sacrificing the season. It may lead to more first downs, more scoring chances,less turnovers and keeping the D fresh.

"Next Monday the Bengals host Denver, and who really expects them to win that game in their current condition? On the horizon you can see 1-5."

465079[/snapback]

For the record, the Bengals won that classic Monday night return to Cincinnati the next game 23-10.

Palmer was 12-of-21 for 198 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. The Broncos were 5-1 and had the top-rated defense in the NFL at the time.

From some random blog after that game:

"But with the defense the Bengals have, in spite of its good showing against Denver and in the fourth quarter today, would playing Kitna have pushed the 2004 Bengals into the playoffs? Probably not. Palmer will be a star, and this season is an investment in the future."

You're showing way too much patience. You should demand such changes WEEKLY at least.  :lol:

:lol:

465123[/snapback]

Nah, the panel of experts here clearly indicate that a career needs 4 weeks to fully establish career potential. Besides, it's Hell on the salary cap.

But Palmer didn't have a proven winner playing backup QB behind him...  :lol:

Patience is for losers.  I want us to keep cycling through GM's coaches and QB's until we  win the Super Bowl.  And forget yearly, I want to do it monthly.

465096[/snapback]

Here is the thing.....

If the bills decide to ride this thing out with JPL until he gets better (and I know he will) then so be it......

But that is not the premise under what Holcomb was brought it....the idea was that....should JPL falter or prove not to be ready....we had another starting caliber QB ready to come in.....

The fact is that Holcomb can see the field in a way that JPL cannot right now....I get that feeling every time he comes on the field.

I will say this right here right now.....I think that JPL will be the QB when we win a championship...BUT....I also think that winning is a attitude...and so is losing....and I am tired of missing the damn playoffs......we need to make it this year.

Here is the thing.....

If the bills decide to ride this thing out with JPL until he gets better (and I know he will) then so be it......

But that is not the premise under what Holcomb was brought it....the idea was that....should JPL falter or prove not to be ready....we had another starting caliber QB ready to come in.....

The fact is that Holcomb can see the field in a way that JPL cannot right now....I get that feeling every time he comes on the field.

I will say this right here right now.....I think that JPL will be the QB when we win a championship...BUT....I also think that winning is a attitude...and so is losing....and I am tired of missing the damn playoffs......we need to make it this year.

465160[/snapback]

Sorry, I missed that. Could you please find me the place where Donahoe (or anyone) said (or even implied) "Holcomb's here not as a #2, but as the backup #1 in case JP fails...?"

Here is the thing.....

465160[/snapback]

Yep. Time will tell if JP was a worthwhile pick, but that Holcomb came to the Bills on the relative cheap said to me that he's got his financial ducks in order before making the move, and Bill's money is so much gravy.

Don't get me wrong - Holcomb is an NFL player and IMO would never dog things, and if called upon, would do his best. Same with Matthews.

Sorry, I missed that.  Could you please find me the place where Donahoe (or anyone) said (or even implied) "Holcomb's here not as a #2, but as the backup #1 in case JP fails...?"

465167[/snapback]

He doesn't need to.....TD needs to understand that Buffalo fans know their football and you dont bring a veteran, not over the hill, playoff experienced qb to sit behind your rookie protege and not expect him to be played if the rook struggles........

This feels like a cinci situation......

He doesn't need to.....TD needs to understand that Buffalo fans know their football and you dont bring a veteran, not over the hill, playoff experienced qb to sit behind your rookie protege and not expect him to be played if the rook struggles........

This feels like a cinci situation......

465195[/snapback]

"playoff experienced?" Yeah, started one game and lost. The guy's a career backup. You talk like he's a starter who lost out to a better player. That's like saying Kerry Collins could feel Frank Reich and Jack Trudeau breathing down his neck his entire first season...