That call for Wade ...

Greybeard

I thought TD wanted to bring in his guy.  Thought Wade got shafted, and ultimately so did the Bills.

464063[/snapback]

Bullsh--. Let's not get into your classic, warped-minded revisionist history.

I love Wade. I'd love to have a beer with him. However, he made so many dumbass moves it was sickening. Doesn't anyone remember the Johnson/Flutie debacle that was completely mismanaged? That was horrible, and it was Wade's fault.

Ever remember our "punt catcher"? Holy crap, people have no memory of the garbage this guy did. And who was the wonderful special teams coach he brought in after firing Bruce DeHaven? Yeah, that was a brilliant move.

Let's not wax poetic about a guy who was overmatched as a head coach, Steven.

I guess any shot you can take at the current administration is a way to promote your immature little passive-aggressive agenda. Grow up, little man.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't understand how people can't remember the major, major mistakes wade made. It was quite bad.

464216[/snapback]

I'll agree, to a point. In spite of what Coach Bum-of-a-Person Dickerson might think, his chief mistake was not refusing to wear earcans.

But you've got to admit that although Wade maybe wasn't the greatest in a number of areas, the five years since we've seen his backside have not been rewarding. Not in the least.

I'll agree, to a point. In spite of what Coach Bum-of-a-Person Dickerson might think, his chief mistake was not refusing to wear earcans.

But you've got to admit that although Wade maybe wasn't the greatest in a number of areas, the five years since we've seen his backside have not been rewarding. Not in the least.

464228[/snapback]

As I see it Wade was shafted by the GM/Owner and his only key mistake was to refuse to wear headphones... Wade had us in the playoffs and did the right thing by refusing to fire the ST coach.

Where did I get the idea that Wade's teams quit, where else, TBD. That was one of the major topics here his last year. And unfortunately, it culminated with his words about winning in the last games that year. I can't remember them exactly so I won't even attempt to repeat them, but I know I should not be the only one here that remembers them.

On top of that, I remember reading that in GW's first year, there were comments like "well at least his teams play hard."

Maybe none of the responders to my original post had that mind set but believe me, that topic was second only to Wade not wearing a headset.

I can't understand how people can't remember the major, major mistakes wade made. It was quite bad.

464216[/snapback]

Yes, he did. Bottom line is, though, his teams compiled a winning record, adn the Bills were always in the playoff hunt under his leadership.

Even IF they were destined to lose int he first round, they still made it there.

I love Wade. I'd love to have a beer with him. However, he made so many dumbass moves it was sickening. Doesn't anyone remember the Johnson/Flutie debacle that was completely mismanaged? That was horrible, and it was Wade's fault.

Ever remember our "punt catcher"? Holy crap, people have no memory of the garbage this guy did. And who was the wonderful special teams coach he brought in after firing Bruce DeHaven? Yeah, that was a brilliant move.

I guess any shot you can take at the current administration is a way to promote your immature little passive-aggressive agenda. Grow up, little man.

464214[/snapback]

Todd, enough already. Not sure if you spend your nights looking for my posts or not, but in the last 2 weeks, you cannot say I am the only one down on the current administration. But you look for my comments, and exploit them as if I have some hiddent agenda. Wade was indeed fired before TD was brought in. I, like many other speculate that TD wanted to bring in his own HC. This is not any passive-aggressive agenda, just the facts.

As I see it Wade was shafted by the GM/Owner and his only key mistake was to refuse to wear headphones... Wade had us in the playoffs and did the right thing by refusing to fire the ST coach.

464229[/snapback]

I will agree that Wade had a very strong loyalty to his friend, but there is NO WAY that guy should have been anywhere near an NFL sideline. Ronnie Jones took one of the best special teams units in the league and made it just about the worst. Wade had no problem with making DeHaven the scape goat for the home run throw forward and then replacing him with a guy with no special teams experience. He should have been willing to tell his friend, "hey, sorry, we tried. Go back to college for a few years, get some more experience and maybe I can bring you in as a quality control coach." Actually, the ST coach he should have refused to fire was DeHaven.

Didn't Wade want to move Jones to Linebackers Coach? I can just imagine how that thought process must have worked. "Well, we've got a good linebacking corp, heck they're almost as good as special teams used to be. Ronnie can't f*** that one up, can he?" Sorry Wade, I think he could have.

Overall, I think Wade did a good job. It's a d*mn shame that one more than likely illegal fluke play ended up lining up the dominoes on him.

Dave.

n.

464214[/snapback]

I agree that getting rid of Wade was the absolute right move. Man, we were all so excited that GW came in with his air horn, his six am wake up calls, his mandatory autgraph sessions(now common BTW) because we all felt Wades teams were SOFT, and everyone here prolly felt the same way.

The quitting notion came when Wade siad playoffs were gone with three games left and the Bills still mathematically alive. Thats why we said his teams quit, and even worse he quit.

464228[/snapback]

I LOATHE Dickerson for his constant shots at Wade. It was sickening. Headset? Who the hell cares?

Yeah, last year was the year we made significant progress, but after 1Q of the season this year it might be an anomaly.

I still think the suffering we've had to deal with throughout Donahoe's first two years is all the doings of Butler and Wade. We had a horrible cap situation, a horrible QB situation, no RB worth his salt, an aging D, etc. Not to mention the last few drafts by Butler, which were some of the worst in NFL history. You can't fix that idiocy in one year. Corey Moore? Eric Flowers? Holy crap, that's insane.

But the last two years are what Donahoe needs to take full responsibility for. This year needs to be an improvement over last year.

Todd, enough already.  Not sure if you spend your nights looking for my posts or not, but in the last 2 weeks, you cannot say I am the only one down on the current administration.  But you look for my comments, and exploit them as if I have some hiddent agenda.  Wade was indeed fired before TD was brought in.  I, like many other speculate that TD wanted to bring in his own HC.  This is not any passive-aggressive agenda, just the facts.

464270[/snapback]

Steven, enough with you. YOu've had the same bassackwards agenda since you've been here. Any logic is wasted on you. You think I'm the only one who has noticed this?

Yes, he did. Bottom line is, though, his teams compiled a winning record, adn the Bills were always in the playoff hunt under his leadership.

Even IF they were destined to lose int he first round, they still made it there.

464269[/snapback]

And that's cool, and everything. But mismanaging that QB situation is a blunder to end all blunders. And firing DeHaven? Idiocy. Giving a 1st round pick and millions to Rob Johnson? Colossal blunder.

Steven, enough with you. YOu've had the same bassackwards agenda since you've been here. Any logic is wasted on you. You think I'm the only one who has noticed this?

464325[/snapback]

No Todd...many people have noticed...and I made changes...but why would anyone notice. For the last 2 weeks the TD sucks threads are rampant, and I for one have not gotten involved in those, because all I could say was I told you so. But I didn't. I took the high road.

The one thing I seem to remember about Wade's teams were they seemed to quit.  About the only thing good I can remember about GW teams is that they never quit.

Why mention this?  This team is looking like one of Wade's teams.

463922[/snapback]

I never had the sense they quit. But they did seem to lack a burning desire to win at all costs. Sort of risk-adverse, play the percentages football when blood 'n guts were needed.

This year's team came out of the gate thinking they were better than they are. The wake up call's been pretty rude.

If they don't show some fire this week, it's pretty much over for this year and we spend the next three months beating each other over the head.... :)

No Todd...many people have noticed...and I made changes...but why would anyone notice.  For the last 2 weeks the TD sucks threads are rampant, and I for one have not gotten involved in those, because all I could say was I told you so.  But I didn't.  I took the high road.

464331[/snapback]

I guess that high road just got lower.

Wade was a great coach for us. What we have had since proves that. He did not mismanage the QB situation in my opinion. Moreover, not all of us were happy that they got rid of him and hired GW. I thought it was stupid.

The main complaint people had with Wade was the inane complaint that he did not wear a headset. That shows the "depth" of analysis that people had and is pretty well indicative of complaining just to complain.

If I owned the Bills, I would not hesitate to hire Wade again. I also would not hesitate to hire Bill Polian again. I love Ralph, but the decisions to let those guys go were big mistakes.

The main complaint people had with Wade was the inane complaint that he did not wear a headset.  That shows the "depth" of analysis that people had and is pretty well indicative of complaining just to complain.

464437[/snapback]

I think the main complaint with wade was his handling of the Flutie / Johnson situation. That was a disgusting mess. Only idiot talk show hosts really cared about wearing a headset.

I liked wade, but he made some crucial mistakes.

I think the main complaint with wade was his handling of the Flutie / Johnson situation. That was a disgusting mess. Only idiot talk show hosts really cared about wearing a headset.

I liked wade, but he made some crucial mistakes.

464439[/snapback]

I also remember Wade making some horrendous game situation decisions. That is what prompted the headset debate. He'd continually lose track of the down - "oh it's 4th down, i guess we don't want to run after all" - and made downright awful decisions on which plays to challenge. That was the impetus for the headset debate.

Wade was a great coach for us.  What we have had since proves that.  He did not mismanage the QB situation in my opinion.  Moreover, not all of us were happy that they got rid of him and hired GW.  I thought it was stupid.

The main complaint people had with Wade was the inane complaint that he did not wear a headset.  That shows the "depth" of analysis that people had and is pretty well indicative of complaining just to complain.

If I owned the Bills, I would not hesitate to hire Wade again.  I also would not hesitate to hire Bill Polian again.  I love Ralph, but the decisions to let those guys go were big mistakes.

464437[/snapback]

There is no way that Ralph would ever hire Polian back, even if the Colts were dumb enough to allow him to be available. Ralph's buddy and head accountant hated Polian and vice versa (personality issues, not financial ones); Ralph sided with the accountant as Ralph didn't like Polian's attitude very much either. I would definitely like to see Polian back. Especially when you consider that Polian was instrumental in developing the Salary Cap.

Dave.

Shoulda NEVER let Wade go... That was dumb.

464210[/snapback]

Boy, talk about revisionist history. Wade was to coaching what DB is to QB-ing...you'll never win anything meaningful with either guy. I gave up my season tix because of Wade's boneheaded coaching his last year. He is NOT the answer as a HC.