Everybody here is missing the real problem...

Dan Gross

Guest BackInDaDay
He's the only owner because he is a control freak that never lets anyone else have a turn.  We've been living under a dictatorship for all this time. 

458939[/snapback]

Maybe 'ol Ralph could have an 'Owner of the Month' raffle.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..and that's not just for players, it goes for the entire staff.  Any coincidence that the last two Bills coaches have been two of the lowest paid coaches in the NFL?  Heck, our last head coach got a raise with his demotion to defensive coordinator!

458961[/snapback]

Not just a raise but his salary went up by 170%. 2.7 times what he was making as a HC.

Guest BackInDaDay
The buck stops here. Ralph is the Father of Satan. He made that stupid Tom Donohoe choice that he should have known was going to blow up in his face. Plus, he's way overrated in tennis. I know at least two 86 year olds that would run him off the court.

458944[/snapback]

:devil:

Exactly! And Dan Snyder is an extremely smart businessman! Smart businessmen don't just throw around money like that or make kneejerk decisions!

459128[/snapback]

Further he's a man of action. He'll pay what it takes to assemble the talent and it's clear to everyone that it's results now, or you're fired.

Dan Snyder is totally a better owner than Ralph. Just look at the talent hes assembled by not overpaying for hyper-marquee names past their primes like, say, Bruce Smith or Deon Sanders or Joe Gibbs !

He's the kind of guy who wouldnt interfere with a QB decision like the Rob Johnson / Doug Flutie thing (as illustrated by his rock-steady faith in whoever their QB is this week.) How many QB's have they even had since he took control? A dozen, probably less.

I mean, c'mon, he recognized the talented mind of Gregg Williams and POUNCED! Did we ever do that? NO. We never even knew Gregg Williams had talent, much less offer him a job. Missed the boat on him, too.

If Dan Snyder owned the Bills every fan in Buffalo would not only get a great weekend getaway to LA to see their team, but ALL their home games would be televised in Buffalo!

Ralph doesnt know the first thing about GM's and before the Tom Donahoe mess he struck out on a guy named Bill Polian who ended up flipping burgers someplace in the Midwest!

If you took all those winning seasons the Bills have had and divided them by 2 we would only have HALF! Do you think Ralph-I-AM-SO-LAZY-I-WONT-MOVE-THIS-TEAM-EVEN-AFTER-40-YEARS-Wilson even cares about that?

I wish Dan Snyder owned me personally. There, I said it. I would be his slave, okay? Happy?

...I'll give you a hint: he sits in the owner's box.  Yes, I'm saying it, Ralph must go!  I mean come on, let's look at the facts:

--The team, under his watch, has a lifetime record of 322-346-8!

--Outside of the playoff runs in the '60's and late '80's/early '90's (the "Kelly Era"), the team has only made the playoffs 5 times over the last 45 years!

--The only Championships the guy has won were in an 8 team league!

--Has a losing lifetime record against every other team in the AFC East except the Jets!

--Has a losing lifetime playoff record!

--The GM's may be the ones making bad choices about draft picks/acquisitions/coaching staff, but it is Ralph who selects those GM's!

--He thought highly enough about Donahoe to give him a contract extension in the off-season!  I mean, come on, the man is 27-40, and his choices for coaches are two of the sorriest rookie coaches in NFL history!

--He has yet to have a GM that has been able to both manage the salary cap and win games!

Come on, if Donahoe were to leave, what faith do you have that Ralph (the losingest owner in Bills history!) would replace him with a strong candidate, considering his track record of selecting GM's?!  It's clear that we need to clean house, and it starts at the top!  We need an owner with a "playoffs or bust" mentality, one that makes it clear that he is willing to replace coaches and GM's every year until we make the playoffs!  We need to find such a potential owner and get a petition going to insist he make a hostile overthrow bid for the Bills.  It's the only way, unless you all are happy with losing!

458900[/snapback]

Counter point (by point(?))

- I remember seeing a few years back that only about 10 of the teams in league have winning all-time records, so being 1/2 game under 500 each year on average isn't that horrible.

- I could just as easily skip over the team's 1, 2, and 4 win seasons and show how the Bills actually have a great winning percentage and make the playoffs at a much better pace than once every 3 years. Removing data that doesn't support your case does not make the case stronger, it typically renders the argument kind of silly.

- I can't dispute this, but I don't fully see the point of it. Do you expect to see the Maple Leafs or Black Hawks take down their championship banners because they only came in 6 team leagues?

- Oh my gosh, he has a losing record against ALL the AFC east teams except the Jets? You mean all 2 of them? That truly is horrible, especially when you consider the Bills are a full 5 games under 500 against the Pats.

- Has a losing playoff record? 12 teams make the playoffs each year. 1 team will go 3-0 or 4-0, the rest will lose somewhere along the way. At MOST 6 teams can have a winning record in the playoffs and typically only 4 will have a winning record. By simple arithmetic, most teams will have losing playoff records.

- I will give you he has only chosen a handful of good GM's through the years, but since the mid-80's he has done better than in his 1st 20 years.

- Yeah, he gave Donahoe an extension. He failed to give Polian and Butler extensions before their final seasons in Buffalo and the Bills paid for it both times. By giving Donahoe an extension, he is minimizing the incentive to Donahoe to do things that are not necessarily in the Bills best interest.

- Not exactly true. Polian has done a great job at it (he hasn't won the Superbowl, but the Colts win games and manage their cap well), he just didn't get a chance to do it in Buffalo. Also, Donahoe is still 10-9 in the Mularky era, so given time his record may end up on the right side of 500.

- I have little faith that he will bring in a stud to replace Donahoe, that is why I think people calling for Donahoe's head should think long and hard before requesting that. If the Bills miss the playoffs again, should the Bills think about firing Donahoe? yes. Should they do it? Only if they see a candidate that is available that they believe will do better than Donahoe has done.

- If Ralph goes, I am very concerned that the Bills will too.

Apologies if your post was written in sarcasm. From reading the thread following it, I got the impression that the original post was serious.

Dave.

Counter point (by point(?))

- I remember seeing a few years back that only about 10 of the teams in league have winning all-time records, so being 1/2 game under 500 each year on average isn't that horrible.

- I could just as easily skip over the team's 1, 2, and 4 win seasons and show how the Bills actually have a great winning percentage and make the playoffs at a much better pace than once every 3 years.  Removing data that doesn't support your case does not make the case stronger, it typically renders the argument kind of silly.

-  I can't dispute this, but I don't fully see the point of it.  Do you expect to see the Maple Leafs or Black Hawks take down their championship banners because they only came in 6 team leagues?

- Oh my gosh, he has a losing record against ALL the AFC east teams except the Jets?  You mean all 2 of them?  That truly is horrible, especially when you consider the Bills are a full 5 games under 500 against the Pats.

- Has a losing playoff record?  12 teams make the playoffs each year.  1 team will go 3-0 or 4-0, the rest will lose somewhere along the way.  At MOST 6 teams can have a winning record in the playoffs and typically only 4 will have a winning record.  By simple arithmetic, most teams will have losing playoff records.

- I will give you he has only chosen a handful of good GM's through the years, but since the mid-80's he has done better than in his 1st 20 years.

- Yeah, he gave Donahoe an extension.  He failed to give Polian and Butler extensions before their final seasons in Buffalo and the Bills paid for it both times.  By giving Donahoe an extension, he is minimizing the incentive to Donahoe to do things that are not necessarily in the Bills best interest.

- Not exactly true.  Polian has done a great job at it (he hasn't won the Superbowl, but the Colts win games and manage their cap well), he just didn't get a chance to do it in Buffalo.  Also, Donahoe is still 10-9 in the Mularky era, so given time his record may end up on the right side of 500.

- I have little faith that he will bring in a stud to replace Donahoe, that is why I think people calling for Donahoe's head should think long and hard before requesting that.  If the Bills miss the playoffs again, should the Bills think about firing Donahoe? yes.  Should they do it?  Only if they see a candidate that is available that they believe will do better than Donahoe has done.

- If Ralph goes, I am very concerned that the Bills will too.

Apologies if your post was written in sarcasm.  From reading the thread following it, I got the impression that the original post was serious.

Dave.

459361[/snapback]

Point-by-point to your point-by-point

-As of the close of 2005, there are 16 teams that have lifetime win-loss records ((source). I'm sure you like being in the bottom half of all NFL teams!

-Yeah, and if you skip the 9,10, and 11 win seasons you have an even more pathetic record. My point was they had two good runs, and nearly nothing beyond that!

-Hey, I guess if you're happy being at the bottom half of the NFL, you'll be happy with that as well. To each his own, Mr. Ralph apologist!

-And based on all the other stuff I can see why you're happy with being the third best team in a four-team division!

-Hey, 13 teams have had a .500 or better record in the post-season! ((source) You make it sound tough!

-And yet he has only one playoff run to show for it!

-Ah, so that's it! If the guy screws up the team this bad while trying to improve it, imagine how bad he would make it if he purposefully tanked a season! Nice blackmail by Donahoe!

-Ah, so it was equally inept of Ralphie boy to get rid of the one guy who could have managed the cap right when the Salary Cap system started! Thanks for making my point! Mularkey is 10-9 so far, but 1-2 this year! What have you done for me lately, Ralphie Boy!

- 27-40! longest playoff drought in almost 20 years!

-Afraid, afraid, afraid! Just like Ralphie extended Donahoe because he was afraid TD would purposefully tank the team! Let's forever bask in mediocrity!

-Sarcasm?! Ha! What do you take me for, a rabble-rouser?! A ne'er-do-well?! Straight and to the point, that's what I bring to the table! Read my posts! I don't know the meaning of the word sarcasm! I don't ask much! Just playoffs every year! A super bowl win or 2 every 4 or 5 years (Gotta let someone else win every so often or it gets boring!)! Is that too much for a fan to ask?! Patriots fans have that, why can't we?! No sense replacing the man who picks the coaches and players if the man picking the man who picks the coaches and players can't pick guys who pick coaches and players! I want to see an owner who isn't afraid to try a new Coach/GM Combo every year until we find the combo that takes us to the playoffs again! This five years of nothing garbage gets you an extension is for the birds! Ralphie boy could care less about the Bills!

Thank you.

I just read Lori's very thoughtful pregame matchup to get me in the mood for Sunday.

Then I read your thoroughly sarcastic response to the PAP that is dominant in fandom, and my evening is complete. :P

Yo, Bills fans. We wait all year to watch 16 Bills games and hope there will be more. Instead of appreciating the fact that we have games to watch, some would rather whine all season.

Every week is a new week. Enjoy it. It could be February when all we have to look forward to is draft day. 0:)

Oh yeah, Dan Gross is the son of satan. :(

...I'll give you a hint: he sits in the owner's box.  Yes, I'm saying it, Ralph must go!  I mean come on, let's look at the facts:

--The team, under his watch, has a lifetime record of 322-346-8!

--Outside of the playoff runs in the '60's and late '80's/early '90's (the "Kelly Era"), the team has only made the playoffs 5 times over the last 45 years!

--The only Championships the guy has won were in an 8 team league!

--Has a losing lifetime record against every other team in the AFC East except the Jets!

--Has a losing lifetime playoff record!

--The GM's may be the ones making bad choices about draft picks/acquisitions/coaching staff, but it is Ralph who selects those GM's!

--He thought highly enough about Donahoe to give him a contract extension in the off-season!  I mean, come on, the man is 27-40, and his choices for coaches are two of the sorriest rookie coaches in NFL history!

--He has yet to have a GM that has been able to both manage the salary cap and win games!

Come on, if Donahoe were to leave, what faith do you have that Ralph (the losingest owner in Bills history!) would replace him with a strong candidate, considering his track record of selecting GM's?!  It's clear that we need to clean house, and it starts at the top!  We need an owner with a "playoffs or bust" mentality, one that makes it clear that he is willing to replace coaches and GM's every year until we make the playoffs!  We need to find such a potential owner and get a petition going to insist he make a hostile overthrow bid for the Bills.  It's the only way, unless you all are happy with losing!

458900[/snapback]