Everybody here is missing the real problem...

Dan Gross

...I'll give you a hint: he sits in the owner's box. Yes, I'm saying it, Ralph must go! I mean come on, let's look at the facts:

--The team, under his watch, has a lifetime record of 322-346-8!

--Outside of the playoff runs in the '60's and late '80's/early '90's (the "Kelly Era"), the team has only made the playoffs 5 times over the last 45 years!

--The only Championships the guy has won were in an 8 team league!

--Has a losing lifetime record against every other team in the AFC East except the Jets!

--Has a losing lifetime playoff record!

--The GM's may be the ones making bad choices about draft picks/acquisitions/coaching staff, but it is Ralph who selects those GM's!

--He thought highly enough about Donahoe to give him a contract extension in the off-season! I mean, come on, the man is 27-40, and his choices for coaches are two of the sorriest rookie coaches in NFL history!

--He has yet to have a GM that has been able to both manage the salary cap and win games!

Come on, if Donahoe were to leave, what faith do you have that Ralph (the losingest owner in Bills history!) would replace him with a strong candidate, considering his track record of selecting GM's?! It's clear that we need to clean house, and it starts at the top! We need an owner with a "playoffs or bust" mentality, one that makes it clear that he is willing to replace coaches and GM's every year until we make the playoffs! We need to find such a potential owner and get a petition going to insist he make a hostile overthrow bid for the Bills. It's the only way, unless you all are happy with losing!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I'll give you a hint: he sits in the owner's box.  Yes, I'm saying it, Ralph must go!  I mean come on, let's look at the facts:

--The team, under his watch, has a lifetime record of 322-346-8!

--Outside of the playoff runs in the '60's and late '80's/early '90's (the "Kelly Era"), the team has only made the playoffs 5 times over the last 45 years!

--The only Championships the guy has won were in an 8 team league!

--Has a losing lifetime record against every other team in the AFC East except the Jets!

--Has a losing lifetime playoff record!

--The GM's may be the ones making bad choices about draft picks/acquisitions/coaching staff, but it is Ralph who selects those GM's!

--He thought highly enough about Donahoe to give him a contract extension in the off-season!  I mean, come on, the man is 27-40, and his choices for coaches are two of the sorriest rookie coaches in NFL history!

--He has yet to have a GM that has been able to both manage the salary cap and win games!

Come on, if Donahoe were to leave, what faith do you have that Ralph (the losingest owner in Bills history!) would replace him with a strong candidate, considering his track record of selecting GM's?!  It's clear that we need to clean house, and it starts at the top!  We need an owner with a "playoffs or bust" mentality, one that makes it clear that he is willing to replace coaches and GM's every year until we make the playoffs!  We need to find such a potential owner and get a petition going to insist he make a hostile overthrow bid for the Bills.  It's the only way, unless you all are happy with losing!

458900[/snapback]

I know this has to be sarcasm... But it was done so well, it took me a minute to realize that.

I can't believe he's been the problem the whole time.  I bet he got Jimbo and the gang drunk before every superbowl.

458909[/snapback]

He didn't stop them, did he?! He's the boss, union or not he needs to get the players to respect that! A good owner would have hired security to ensure players met (and kept) their curfews!

Yes but if Ralph is gone, so are the Bills from Buffalo.

458913[/snapback]

Not if you get someone like a Golisano to buy. Did you know that, under Golisano, Paychex had a dress code?! White collar employees actually had to wear ties (and I think even suits) to work every day! Now that's discipline, and that's what this team needs!

Guest BackInDaDay
...what faith do you have that Ralph (the losingest owner in Bills history!) would...

458900[/snapback]

You may want to amend that to 'the only owner in Bills history'. :devil:

Ralph has purposely kept them here to make sure they stay in the small market.  Ralph hates winning and is a cancer to this team.

458918[/snapback]

You know, you make a good point there. The NFL has been really keen on the larger markets, and how many good players have avoided coming to Buffalo because it's "Blizzard City" with nothing good going on?

You may want to amend that to 'the only owner in Bills history'.  :devil:

458935[/snapback]

He's the only owner because he is a control freak that never lets anyone else have a turn. We've been living under a dictatorship for all this time.

By the way...didn't Ralph make the call to start RJ vs. the Titans??

You may want to amend that to 'the only owner in Bills history'.  :devil:

458935[/snapback]

Don't waste my time with trivialities...what other owners out there who have owned their respective team for 40+ years have done worse?

I think it really comes down to his control of the purse strings. Contracts, salary caps-whatever... you STILL need ready cash to cut the checks. The Bills have never been all that willing to structure contracts with enough "up front" money to attract prime talent.

You can't run an NFL team on a hockey budget.

That's on Ralph.

I think it really comes down to his control of the purse strings. Contracts, salary caps-whatever... you STILL need ready cash to cut the checks. The Bills have never been all that willing to structure contracts with enough "up front" money to attract prime talent.

You can't run an NFL team on a hockey budget.

That's on Ralph.

458950[/snapback]

..and that's not just for players, it goes for the entire staff. Any coincidence that the last two Bills coaches have been two of the lowest paid coaches in the NFL? Heck, our last head coach got a raise with his demotion to defensive coordinator!