At this point, what would be a successful season?

Peter

I'd think winning half our games and getting the young QB through the season in one piece, as the starter, would constitute a succesful season looking from this vantage point after 3 games.

Melding Parrish, Everett, Gandy, JP, and others into the offense so they know what they're doing on hot reads.

Keeping London Fletcher healthy, because our LB strength is now average at best. If this means giving Haggan some reps, so be it.

4-4 at the break. The Saints then 2 home games coming up would help.

8-8 overall. That was what we expected to begin with, and I still think it'd be a successful season.

1. 8-8. Stay competitive into December (make that Broncos game mean something!)

2. Steady improvement in JP's play over the course of the year.

3. Defense stepping it up. Stop talking and believing the hype and just play. Someone (Lauvele Sape anyone???) showing that they can play defensive tackle.

4. Separate the wheat from the chafe on the o-line. Find out who's worth a sh*t and replace the junk in the offseason.

5. Win the two games I'm going to (Chiefs & Broncos) :D

6. Beat the Patriots once - ok, that would just be gravy.

Revamp the OLine beginning now.

Replace Tucker :D with Preston.

Let Teague push Fat and Happy Mike Williams to the bench.

It may not be a new OLine, but it could hardly be worse than what we've had to this point.

Remember, JM had Pucillo start the season last year because he was the starter by the end of the previous season. Maybe that's why Teague's :lol: still there. It's inertia.

8/8 is looking dubious at this point. So, if a winning season is out of the question, let's try a different chemestry on the OLine. Maybe that will be something to build on next year.

Hasn't changed for me, even with the Spikes injury(though that is a BIG hit to take). Win and you're in (playoffs) for week 17. No more, no less. With all of our changes this offseason, that's not asking too much. Just control your playoff destiny heading into the last game. Our 0-4 start last year precluded us from doing so as we needed tons of help (and almost got it too). Otherwise, I believe Mr Donahoe should be shown the door. We're among only a handful of teams that haven't made the playoffs this decade. Our last playoff win included 100+ yards rushing by...Darick Holmes! Its been too long!!! We must be in strong playoff contention. :w00t:

Revamp the OLine beginning now.

Replace Tucker with Preston.

Let Tucker push Fat and Happy Mike Williams to the bench.

It may not be a new OLine, but it could hardly be worse than what we've had to this point.

Remember, JM had Pucillo start the season last year because he was the starter by the end of the previous season. Maybe that's why Tucker's still there. It's inertia.

457109[/snapback]

Huh?? :w00t:

1. 8-8. Stay competitive into December (make that Broncos game mean something!)

2. Steady improvement in JP's play over the course of the year.

3. Defense stepping it up. Stop talking and believing the hype and just play. Someone (Lauvele Sape anyone???) showing that they can play defensive tackle.

4. Separate the wheat from the chafe on the o-line. Find out who's worth a sh*t and replace the junk in the offseason.

5. Win the two games I'm going to (Chiefs & Broncos)  :w00t:

6. Beat the Patriots once - ok, that would just be gravy.

457096[/snapback]

Id sign off for this.

I thought they would be 4-1 to start .. and the loss would be to Atlanta ... so almost right on .. next games are NO and Miami and the Jets.

NO will he high to be "home" but don't scare me, hard to believe Miami is leading the division and the Jets are in worst shape than us .. at least we have SOMEONE to be the QB.

Still can see them being 3-2 after 5 games .. but the rest of the way is not easy

1) 8-8 would be great at this point - realistic - 6-10

2) JP has to play. What are the options? Kid has to learn. And if at the end of the year he is still a mess ... send him to Europe for a season !

3) Defense has always been over-rated. They do poor on 3rf downs and poorly tackle. Have for a while. Beat up some BAD teams last year. Would be happy to see them start stopping the run and give up a lot less yardage on 3rd downs

4) Get into a short passing game (gee, just what they did for Drew!) and give the kid a chance to just drop the ball off - find a rythem - get some confidence

5) Run the ball !!! I remember chanting that at bills games when Buffalo was passing on 3rd and 2 all of the time. Run the ball !!!!

I see some people may have to eat crow. Seems like most have written the season off after less than 25% of it has been played. Let the games unfold as they may. Loss of Spikes may not be as bad as people make it out. He's 1 guy of 11. Great vocal leader on the team, not a great blitzer. I'm excited to see Crowell. He was good enough to be a 3rd rd. pick.