INT, slip and fall on 4th and inches, Fumble

taterhill

I am all for giving him a chance to grow into the position, esp now that Spikes is out...but we could get a very good college QB to do what he did in our last 3 drives, with the game on the line...JP is looking very below average in his first 3 games...I would like to see flashes of a good QB, but i have seen NOTHING in the last 10 quarters...it seems as if all of our first downs are from Willis or penalties...show me something..give me a reason to root for you JP...so many times yesterday he had guys open and hesitated, then tried to force the ball...I am rooting for him to succeed, but each week it gets harder and harder....

3 of the first downs have come on passing plays the last two weeks. However, as much as I talked down JP before the season, and took a ration of sh-- because I said he wasn't ready, it's too late. I am now behind JP 100% until the late in the season, and as long I as see some improvement by week 10, you leave him in there.

I don't like coaches who mess around with the youngsters minds and find it rarely works.

JP is looking very below average in his first 3 games...I would like to see flashes of a good QB, but i have seen NOTHING in the last 10 quarters...it seems as if all of our first downs are from Willis or penalties...show me something..give me a reason to root for you JP...so many times yesterday he had guys open and hesitated, then tried to force the ball...I am rooting for him to succeed, but each week it gets harder and harder....

455390[/snapback]

Good post, I could not agree more.

It's funny...when DB was here, the OL was bad, we didn't have a Ben Coates clone at TE, the WR sucked, blah blah blah. 

Nothing has changed this year regarding the above, yet it's all JP's fault?  Go figure. :(

455402[/snapback]

I guess the point is ..... all of us who said those things to defend Drew were proved wrong by the One Bills drive brain trust when they dumped Bledsoe and handed the job to JP. They are the experts ...... just because us half baked fans think the fault was with the O-line/TE/WRs (or some combination there in).... what the heck do we know ..... Drew is a statue .... Drew hesitates too much ...... JP will right this ship in nothing flat ..... the team is better without Drew.

So now if I believe that Drew sucked, just because Drew sucked ..... then it seems to follow that JP sucks, just because he sucks.

But I must admit ....... I don't fully believe that Drew sucks as much as he gets credit for on this board .... and therefore there MAY be hope for JP yet ...... however One Bills Drive needs to recognize that we have serious holes in our offense ......... with an inexperianced QB only being a contributing factor.

I guess the point is ..... all of us who said those things to defend Drew were proved wrong by the One Bills drive brain trust when they dumped Bledsoe and handed the job to JP. They are the experts ...... just because us half baked fans think the fault was with the O-line/TE/WRs (or some combination there in).... what the heck do we know ..... Drew is a statue .... Drew hesitates too much ...... JP will right this ship in nothing flat ..... the team is better without Drew.

So now if I believe that Drew sucked, just because Drew sucked ..... then it seems to follow that JP sucks, just because he sucks.

But I must admit ....... I don't fully believe that Drew sucks as much as he gets credit for on this board .... and therefore there MAY be hope for JP yet ...... however One Bills Drive needs to recognize that we have serious holes in our offense ......... with an inexperianced QB only being a contributing factor.

455424[/snapback]

Great post. :(

I am all for giving him a chance to grow into the position, esp now that Spikes is out...but we could get a very good college QB to do what he did in our last 3 drives, with the game on the line...JP is looking very below average in his first 3 games...I would like to see flashes of a good QB, but i have seen NOTHING in the last 10 quarters...it seems as if all of our first downs are from Willis or penalties...show me something..give me a reason to root for you JP...so many times yesterday he had guys open and hesitated, then tried to force the ball...I am rooting for him to succeed, but each week it gets harder and harder....

455390[/snapback]

What I saw was a poise and be able to get back to that huddle after taking

a beating....

Put a decent OL in front of this kid and he is going to show you a lot....

Yesterday there was quite a few times ball was overthrown...at the same time quite a few times when receivers kept dropping the ball....

What happened to McGahee being a safety valve and catching out of the backfield...I saw Lee Evans catching at the line of scrimmage twice....not the starting RB....Also the TEs are completely out of the passing game.....I thinky they really really missed Mike Williams....

455390[/snapback]

I don't understand how a rookie is going to outplay a seasoned veteran. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The problem was never at this position. Scrambling won't make the receivers catch balls or execute better in the red zone.

JP will struggle for 2 more years. That didn't come as a shock to me.

Did you guys see Eli Mannig last night? He looked vastly improved in his second year.

Fact: There is a STEEP learning curve for NFL QB'S, and we are going to have to live through JP's.

Maybe this year isnt our year. But I still feel confident this kid can play, but he will have to learn how to play, he cannot be just put in there, and expected to succeed from the start. Besides Rothlis.... who does that? No one.

We must be patient.

3 of the first downs have come on passing plays the last two weeks.  However, as much as I talked down JP before the season, and took a ration of sh-- because I said he wasn't ready, it's too late.  I am now behind JP 100% until the late in the season, and as long I as  see some improvement by week 10, you leave him in there. 

I don't like coaches who mess around with the youngsters minds and find it rarely works.

455397[/snapback]

well said. ok, now i need to have my head examined -- i just agreed with VA.

Did you guys see Eli Mannig last night? He looked vastly improved in his second year.

Fact: There is a STEEP learning curve for NFL QB'S, and we are going to have to live through JP's.

Maybe this year isnt our year. But I still feel confident this kid can play, but he will have to learn how to play, he cannot be just put in there, and expected to succeed from the start.  Besides Rothlis.... who does that? No one. 

We must be patient.

455832[/snapback]

Here's the problem that I see. When I watched Carson Palmer and Eli Manning in their first years - I saw flashes of brilliance. Sure they made stupid decisions and threw interceptions but they also had some great throws - especially deep balls. They both seemed fairly accurate to me - they just needed to improve their decision-making. Decision-making can be improved with experience.

What I have seen with Losman so far is that he lacks both accuracy AND good decision-making. He's completed one pass that could be called long (one of his first in the Texans game) and that's it. Yes, it's only been 3 games but I have not seen flashes of brilliance like the others that show there is room for improvement. And is it possible to improve accuracy? I'd be interested to see how accurate Losman was in college.

It's not the losses so much that bother me although I clearly would like to make the playoffs this year after such a long drought. But I am worried that Losman has not done anything thus far to show he can improve. He played decent against the Texans - which I was pretty happy about at the time - but now it looks like the Texans may be the worst team in the league. I definitely think we should play Losman for the rest of the season unless we think we can make the playoffs with Holcomb. But unless he shows a flash or two - I can't imagine giving him 3+ years like the Ravens have with Boller or the Lions with Harrington.

What I have seen with Losman so far is that he lacks both accuracy AND good decision-making.  He's completed one pass that could be called long (one of his first in the Texans game) and that's it.  Yes, it's only been 3 games but I have not seen flashes of brilliance like the others that show there is room for improvement.  And is it possible to improve accuracy?  I'd be interested to see how accurate Losman was in college. 

455890[/snapback]

Indecision spawns inaccuracy. Right now JP is very indecisive with his throws, he even has said that's his main problem on more then one occasion. Despite what we have seen I just have a very hard time believing a QB can go in the first round if he is as inaccurate as JP has been thus far. Things will turn around when he learns to trust his reads.

Maybe this year isnt our year. But I still feel confident this kid can play, but he will have to learn how to play, he cannot be just put in there, and expected to succeed from the start.  Besides Rothlis.... who does that? No one. 

We must be patient.

455832[/snapback]

Does #17 and #80 help. We have zero Tightends on this team that catch the ball.

I think Bledsoe and JP both suck.  I don't think JP sucking more than I thought he was going to suck necessarily means that Bledsoe sucks any less.

456182[/snapback]

I don't mean to say that Drew didn't suck ..... I'm not astute enough to make that decision, so I must leave it up to the coaches. The point I was trying to make was that if the line-TEs-WRs were NOT the problem with Drew ...... then they cannot be the problem with JP.

Now JP has an extra burden of lack of experiance, but the fact remains this team has problems. McNally can not polish a turd and make good linemen out of the dregs of the NFL, Moulds very well may be on the downside of his career, our TEs may have hands of stone, our playcalling may belong in a coloring book rather than a playbook ......... I don't know what is to blame ....... I just know we have problems ......... and I don't think they are ALL Drew or JP's fault.

only expanation...someone hacked into his account

455847[/snapback]

Why? If you can get past my sarcasm, I pretty much have said this all along. You just have to have a little thicker skin, and pay a little more attention. It's not me that's the problem, it your comprehension skills. :o:lol:

What I saw was a poise and be able to get back to that huddle after taking

a beating....

Put a decent OL in front of this kid and he is going to show you a lot....

Yesterday there was quite a few times ball was overthrown...at the same time quite a few times when receivers kept dropping the ball....

What happened to McGahee being a safety valve and catching out of the backfield...I saw Lee Evans catching at the line of scrimmage twice....not the starting RB....Also the TEs are completely out of the passing game.....I thinky they really really missed Mike Williams....

455461[/snapback]

I just LOVED when he had about 10 seconds to throw deep in atlanta territory--no pressure...coulda made something happen easily---and he throws it out of the endzone.-That makes me question his basic football instincts.

I think Bledsoe and JP both suck.  I don't think JP sucking more than I thought he was going to suck necessarily means that Bledsoe sucks any less.

456182[/snapback]

Drew is playing like Drew.....mediocrely. He will frustrate the hell out of Cowboy fans by seasons end.-Especially since the Cowboys are not a good team and cant cover up for his weaknesses. Buffalo=Dallas in team talent and QB talent. DB is the better passer and JP is not a wooden indian.