Rita

diver

What's happening there right now, anyway? (I can't get any real facts from the news)

450562[/snapback]

Interstates out are a parking lot, TXDOT is opening I-45 to go outbound in both lanes. The weather today is decent according to Teresa's mom and dad, but it sounds like the whole town, no, the whole coast, is moving inland.

Rita is expected to drop from a Cat 5 to a Cat 4, but she's inching ever closer to tracking toward western Louisiana, which is good news for Houstonians.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, people are running out of gas as they head out of town, but Houston and Texas officials had prepared for that and tanker trucks are refueling those people so that they can escape the storm.

On the scary side, people are starting to drive north on southbend expressways within the Houston city limits - TXDOT hasn't opened those up for northbound so it's only a matter of time before a head-on crash kills somebody. :D

The National Hurricane Center mentioned that after landfall, it might stall over northeastern Texas. One of the cable tv weathermen said this, too, and mentioned 2 feet of rain, but I know they are given to hyperbole.

Evidently it's slowed down a bit and is regenerating it's eyewall, and high pressure over Texas had pushed the "cone of probability" a bit eastward.

I wont be shoclked when it hits Louisianna again.

450654[/snapback]

I have been calling for that...N.O. is gonna get hit with a bit more that a rain shower or 2...i wont be shocked at all when she decides to hit at the tex-LA border...

We are getting a good breeze and the sun is out right now, expecting alot of rain later tonight. My boss already called and told me don't come to work until further notice. If this thing continues on the line it's on now, it'll hit the TX/LA border, but concidering these things usually continues a northern track after it starts, landfall could get anywheres from Lake Charles to Morgan City LA., which is only half an hour drive from my house.

We are getting a good breeze and the sun is out right now, expecting alot of rain later tonight. My boss already called and told me don't come to work until further notice. If this thing continues on the line it's on now, it'll hit the TX/LA border, but concidering these things usually continues a northern track after it starts, landfall could get anywheres from Lake Charles to Morgan City LA., which is only half an hour drive from my house.

450920[/snapback]

Hey Cajun! Man, I'm glad you're okay. Sorry we won't get to meet @ the game this year. We'll have to plan some kind of offseason meeting or something.

Be safe.

I think your gonna hafta explaion that.

450703[/snapback]

In the 80's the city of Buffalo put up a sculpture with "moving" neon on it at the end of the Scajaqueda expressway (basically where it empties out into downtown-sort of a gateway). The "moving" neon looked like dancing penises. The artist insisted it was dancing dog bones. The city took it down in a few days and it sat in storage for several years. Eventually some other city bought it. It seems the city didn't look at all at the sketches after okaying the money.

In the 80's the city of Buffalo put up a sculpture with "moving" neon on it at the end of the Scajaqueda expressway (basically where it empties out into downtown-sort of a gateway). The "moving" neon looked like dancing penises. The artist insisted it was dancing dog bones. The city took it down in a few days and it sat in storage for several years. Eventually some other city bought it. It seems the city didn't look at all at the sketches after okaying the money.

450960[/snapback]

Wasn't there a statue made in Mckinley park as well that lit up at night and also looked like a penis?

450960[/snapback]

They had a big opening ceremony with Mayor Griffin and all the big shots in attendance. It was a memorable moment, to say the least, when they powered it up and all these moving erections took place. <_<

IIRC, the "artist" that made it (in secret) was named Billy something...

450960[/snapback]

"Green Lightning" by Billie Lawless. Dancing penises with top hats, was up for five days before Jimmy Griffin ordered it taken down, Lawless sued the city for damages and lost.

http://www.robertatkins.net/beta/shift/pub...continuing.html (about 3/4 of the way down).

http://www.billielawless.com/green_light.html

I could never decide which was stupider...the "art" or the controversy. Dancing neon penisis is pretty damn stupid...but the uproar over dancing neon penises was really damn stupid...but then I think about the dancing neon penises again and think that was really damn stupid...and then I go back to the uproar and reflect on how that was REALLY, REALLY damn stupid...u.s.w. <_<

"Green Lightning" by Billie Lawless.  Dancing penises with top hats, was up for five days before Jimmy Griffin ordered it taken down, Lawless sued the city for damages and lost. 

http://www.robertatkins.net/beta/shift/pub...continuing.html (about 3/4 of the way down).

I could never decide which was stupider...the "art" or the controversy.  Dancing neon penisis is pretty damn stupid...but the uproar over dancing neon penises was really damn stupid...but then I think about the dancing neon penises again and think that was really damn stupid...and then I go back to the uproar and reflect on how that was REALLY, REALLY damn stupid...u.s.w.  <_<

450985[/snapback]

Stupid is as stupid does.

OR something like that. never saw the whole movie.

"Green Lightning" by Billie Lawless.  Dancing penises with top hats, was up for five days before Jimmy Griffin ordered it taken down, Lawless sued the city for damages and lost. 

I could never decide which was stupider...the "art" or the controversy.  Dancing neon penisis is pretty damn stupid...but the uproar over dancing neon penises was really damn stupid...but then I think about the dancing neon penises again and think that was really damn stupid...and then I go back to the uproar and reflect on how that was REALLY, REALLY damn stupid...u.s.w.  <_<

450985[/snapback]

Thanks, I knew it was Billy something. A good friend of mine who works with Niagra Mohawk witnessed the "unveiling". His description of the event is hilarious.