best pizza in WNY?

grammer_police

And so, the time has come YET AGAIN for me to impart the wisdom of 32 years of pizza consumption upon the foolhardy masses.

BOZANNA'S PIZZA -- Camp Road, Hamburg.

Simply the best.

441838[/snapback]

oh yeah, they got one on Main Street in Clarence (barely out of Amherst)

The amount of pepperoni they put on one pie is obscene. If you like meat on your pizza, there is no other place to go.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah, they got one on Main Street in Clarence (barely out of Amherst)

The amount of pepperoni they put on one pie is obscene.  If you like meat on your pizza, there is no other place to go.

441909[/snapback]

And the amazing thing is the pepperoni STILL is crisp.

That's the secret to their dominance. The other thing I love is that you can get grape crush out of the cooler there. They don't even SELL that down here.

growing up in Niagara Falls there were two things the city is known for- chemical dumping and great pizza. Sammy's and Buzzy's are really good but the best is a little place called the Pizza Oven on Niagara St. Take out only. Problem is they close from June to mid September every year. Owner goes on vacation somewhere.

Pizza is the best. Lines are out the door on any given friday or saturday night.

441852[/snapback]

How good is the pizza? Good enough that the owner can close down and take the summer off.

I doubt this place still exists, but years ago, when I lived in Orchard Park we used to get pizza a Jacobi's which was on 20a right in town. It was the best pizza ever. I still remember how it tasted, but I haven't found it again.

If your in Canandaigua, Pontillo's is good.

If your in Webster, Mr. Shoes is good.

:)  No you two didn't.  :)

I can get both those pizzas here in Virginia. If you're going to go with a chain, at least make it a local chain --- Mark's Pizza is very good. And Pontillo's can be inconsistent, but it can be great at times.

441897[/snapback]

Mark's is awful if you don't eat it 5 seconds after it comes out of the oven. They've been killing their wings lately too.

Guida's in Penfield has some killer wings.

Nothing beats Salvators $5 large cheese deal though. Not the best pizza bu certianly the best value.

I actually haven't been to many places in Buffalo, but I loved the pods at Pizza Plant.

In the sticks there's Pontillo's in Batavia, but I've been really digging on a new place called Main St. Pizza (run by the same folks as Vic's Dog House).

In Rochester, I've gotta go with Brandani's.