best pizza in WNY?

grammer_police

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in Rochester, my vote goes to TIMES SQUARE PIZZA.

Located on the corner of Rte. 250 and 441 in Penfield. 

The key however is you have to order an entire pie and eat it in. 

Don't just get a slice and don't order take out.  Both are ok....but their pie in house is AWESOME!

441832[/snapback]

OK, I'll bite... I live 5 minutes from there. You're saying the pizza they serve and the pizza they send out are 2 different pizzas?

Bottom line is you really can't go wrong with Pizza in WNY.

A few of my favorites...

Labella's on Genessee in Cheektowaga.

Mazina's (sp) in Clarence.

Papa John's locations in Rochester with their garlic sauce.

Any place around the corner.

441859[/snapback]

You lost me with Papa John's...ugh... although I agree with the garlic dip sauce.

growing up in Niagara Falls there were two things the city is known for- chemical dumping and great pizza. Sammy's and Buzzy's are really good but the best is a little place called the Pizza Oven on Niagara St. Take out only. Problem is they close from June to mid September every year. Owner goes on vacation somewhere.

Pizza is the best. Lines are out the door on any given friday or saturday night.

441852[/snapback]

Where on Niagara St is Pizza Oven. I spent my first 9 years near 24th and Niagara.

And so, the time has come YET AGAIN for me to impart the wisdom of 32 years of pizza consumption upon the foolhardy masses.

BOZANNA'S PIZZA -- Camp Road, Hamburg.

Simply the best.

441838[/snapback]

It's not bad so long as it's well done. I live right around the corner and I've had many a soggy wet bottomed pizza from there. Yuck!!

My personal favorite is Pizza Bella in Riverside, Buffalo. I grew up on that pizza and if we're in the vicinity we stop and get one to bring home. Yummy.

It's not bad so long as it's well done.  I live right around the corner and I've had many a soggy wet bottomed pizza from there.  Yuck!!

My personal favorite is Pizza Bella in Riverside, Buffalo.  I grew up on that pizza and if we're in the vicinity we stop and get one to bring home.  Yummy.

442034[/snapback]

Pizza Bella is good, I've had it a few times. Airport Pizza and La Nova are good as well.

Where on Niagara St is Pizza Oven.  I spent my first 9 years near 24th and Niagara.

442032[/snapback]

Niagara St and 19th. There's a pretty average place near 24th called Frenchy's. People rave aboout it...but, I don't get it.

Niagara St and 19th.  There's a pretty average place near 24th called Frenchy's.  People rave aboout it...but, I don't get it.

442041[/snapback]

I'm trying to think what building they are in that I would have known but right now I'm not picturing any.

On another note there was a pizza place off of Buffalo Ave when you were heading out of town. Past Hooker, just past the firestation. There was a restaurant on the corner. Take a left go about two blocks. The place was called Mom's. Greatest sliced pizza I've ever had. Was square cut into squares. In the 60's it was 10cents a slice. I believe this may have been Buzzi's parents. Buzzi's sauce has a similar taste.

I'm trying to think what building they are in that I would have known but right now I'm not picturing any. 

On another note there was a pizza place off of Buffalo Ave when you were heading out of town.  Past Hooker, just past the firestation. There was a restaurant on the corner. Take a left go about two blocks.  The place was called Mom's.  Greatest sliced pizza I've ever had.  Was square cut into squares.  In the 60's it was 10cents a slice.  I believe this may have been Buzzi's parents.  Buzzi's sauce has a similar taste.

442046[/snapback]

I believe Mom's was on 56th. It was great cold and was sold in many of the little delis in town.

As for your question "what bldg they are in"...I assume you are talking about Pizza Oven. Dunno about the bldg they are in...but, they are on Niagara St on the other side of 19th st. (but on the same side of Niagara St) as Bozak's (now out of business).

I just read that sentence and it's so confusing now I'm not even sure where they are. :)

The BP on 20 sucks.

442063[/snapback]

Maybe it's gone downhill. 10 years ago, when I lived there it was very good. Haven't had it from there in a long time.

Over in Rochester, J&J's in Perinton is very good.

None of them compare w/ LaPaloma's though.

Dave.

OK, I'll bite... I live 5 minutes from there.  You're saying the pizza they serve and the pizza they send out are 2 different pizzas?

442001[/snapback]

well :) they cann't serve it there and then send it to your house with a bite out of it . :blush: