I think homefield advantage for the Bills is back

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, who's talking about standing the whole game? And yes, you can yell louder when standing up.  :devil:

438058[/snapback]

And the beauty of it all is that when the people in front of you stand, you can yell and bang on the backs of their seats to make even more noise! :devil:

I don't know if it was the heat or the fact that we were in control most of the game. 

439070[/snapback]

I'd say it was a little bit of both. That said, I thought the TBD section was pretty darn vocal for the most part.

I don't enjoy that very much either. There was some tall , long haired dude doing it the other day  :devil:

439380[/snapback]

One that looked like Buffalo Bob?

We had a good laugh at that guy's expense....

"It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the HOSE again!"

I have no problem with people standing up to make noise during crucial plays of the game, 3rd downs, etc.  I agree there is no reason to stand up and talk to people around you.  What I really hate is the a$$clown who is determined to smoke a cigarette in the stands knowing full well it is not allowed.  I try to ask, plea for them to not do it, what else can I do?  I would report it to the usher, but that seems petty.  We just moved our season tixs this year, and I hate the fact that the guy behind one of our seats (we have 4) smokes during the game (he did it on Sunday) and is also a season ticket holder which means he will probably be around for a few games. 

Any advice beyond "spill a beer on him".

439246[/snapback]

Call Guest Services at 716-648-1800 with the persons section/row/seat number. And keep calling after every game if they continue to do it after every game.

The crowd was awesome. The last couple years I have been going to Patriot or Jets games. Those games , I have found , are not the ones to go to because too many season ticket holders sell their tickets and it ends up being as many Pats (UGHHH) fans as Bills fans around you. There is nothing worse than going to your home field and having a bunch of !@#$s surrounding you. I would like to see less of the tickt selling and more Bills fans at the game. We got the 12th man on the wall of fame for a reason. Let's represent !!!!

Next year come sit with us. ;)

It is possible to be extremely loud in the stadium and not make an ass of yourself and/or intrude on other people.

Standing up for no reason is intrusive to everyone behind you, if you want to argue I'll come stand in front of you the next game, I'm 6'3" 250 and very hard to see around.

Repeatedly bumping into people, borderline shoving them, over a period of 3 hours is extremely aggravating, again I'm willing to demonstrate for you if you'd like me to sit next to you.

Getting ridiculously drunk, spilling things on people, vomiting in the row behind you, or the one you're in, is annoying and intrusive.

I never had any of these problems when I was a season ticket holder and knew my neighbors, now that I have to drive in for my one game a season I end up sitting with morons who contribute heavily to lessening my enjoyment of the game.  Please, be loud, seriously, curse your ass off I don't care.  Just don't shove me around the stands, stand in front of me to talk to the people in the row behind me for literally 25 minutes regardless of the game action, or puke on or near me.  If that makes me prissy, fine I'm prissy.  You don't have to be an ass to be loud.

439214[/snapback]

There were some great guys around me and my dad. I love when you have people around you that you've never met but you can talk to like old friends by the end of the 1st quarter. We were all screaming our asses off every play the Texans had the ball. To answer a posters question, yes the heat did take its toll by the 3rd quarter. That and the fact that they cutoff beer sales at halftime. I was planning on reloading at like the 12 minute mark of the 3rd only to get shutout! :):D Anway, I only stood up during big play situations because I don't think its necessary to stand the whole time. I can be plently loud sitting on the edge of my seat. And also I did this as I got a feel for the crowd around me. I noticed I tended to stand up earlier and more often than most people around me. If others had been leading the charge, I would have followed suit. I go with the flow...for the most part

It's such a different mentality though coming from 4 years of attending college football games though. At ND, like many other schools im sure, we stood the whole game on the wooden bleachers. We would jump all over each other and push each other into other rows at every score or turnover. If you could speak or walk straight after the game, you were doing something wrong. It was just chaos and I miss it so much.

But I can respect the enjoyment from both venues. There weren't 6 year old girls in the ND student section, nor were there senior citizens who don't want to have to get up everytime someone in front of them stands. You act accordingly. I hate people who sit still the whole game and shoot you looks everytime you get loud, but I equally dislike the mentality that the more obnoxious you are, the bigger and better fan you are.

Next year I'm gonna have to get in with this tailgate and sit with you all. ;)

yeah and fucck the wave

Ok, here goes:

Our section was pretty freaking rowdy the whole game. What i was a little annoyed with, though, was that there were people SITTING on Texan third downs. Listen, we're in the endzone (section 122) and when the Texans have a 3rd down, the fans can play a HUUUGE factor in the disrupting Carr (or any QB). When people stand, that allows those behind you to bang the ever living sh-- out of the steel seat back. This, my friends, is as loud, if not louder that screaming.

Should people stand all game? No. Should EVERYONE stand on EVERY opposing 3rd down? YES.

And another thing. When we were standing on thrid downs, there were two older couples in front of me. (50 - 60 years old). One of the guys would stand, but the other three just basically looked at everyone like "oh god, sit down"...

Listen (and I KNOW this next paragraph is gonna make this a 10 page thread), but if you don't want to get rowdy, or at LEAST enjoy the rowdiness and not judge it, DO NOT SIT IN THE ENDZONE. But tickets in the family section. Buy tickets at the 50 yard line. Watch the game from your couch. I know, I know, everyone has a right to sit wherever they want... Well, I'm not talking about dealing with sh-- faced people. I stopped drinking before kickoff. But sober or not, I want to get rowdy, especially on 3rd downs. If you dont want to deal with rowdy, don't buy an endzone seat. period.

What? No input on people from the middle of the row not waiting till the play is over to cross?

439375[/snapback]

It's easy for you to say that when your monkey butt was in an aisle seat! ;)

It doesn't bother me much to be honest - unless it's a big play like a 3rd down or goaline or something. I know I got caught trying to leave when Bflo hurried a huddle on Sunday. When it's somebody else I give them the benefit of the doubt - Maybe they really left their seat before the play started. You can only move so fast in there, there just isn't much room to slide by.

I agree it was pretty loud (Hi Nick  :) ) although I will say that it seemed to temper off a bit in the 2nd half. I'm not sure if it was the heat or what but we could have done more to help in the 3rd quarter (but I'm pretty picky). People seemed to bounce back ans get loud again in the 4th.To me, when the Bills are on defense, there are still too many people more caught up with their "rights" as paying fans instead of trying to prevent the opposition from calling audibles on offense. This never used to be a problem.

437875[/snapback]

The first half was loud, because there was a lot of action, the D was unreal, and JP was even better than we had hoped. Things slowed down in the second half (three points scored?) and people were filing out in the 4th. I can't undertsand that! ;)

If you watch it on replay, during the Texans first few possessions, the announcers were almost drowned out. :D

There were some great guys around me and my dad. I love when you have people around you that you've never met but you can talk to like old friends by the end of the 1st quarter. We were all screaming our asses off every play the Texans had the ball. To answer a posters question, yes the heat did take its toll by the 3rd quarter. That and the fact that they cutoff beer sales at halftime. I was planning on reloading at like the 12 minute mark of the 3rd only to get shutout! :)  :D  Anway, I only stood up during big play situations because I don't think its necessary to stand the whole time. I can be plently loud sitting on the edge of my seat. And also I did this as I got a feel for the crowd around me. I noticed I tended to stand up earlier and more often than most people around me. If others had been leading the charge, I would have followed suit. I go with the flow...for the most part

It's such a different mentality though coming from 4 years of attending college football games though. At ND, like many other schools im sure, we stood the whole game on the wooden bleachers. We would jump all over each other and push each other into other rows at every score or turnover. If you could speak or walk straight after the game, you were doing something wrong. It was just chaos and I miss it so much.

But I can respect the enjoyment from both venues. There weren't 6 year old girls in the ND student section, nor were there senior citizens who don't want to have to get up everytime someone in front of them stands. You act accordingly. I hate people who sit still the whole game and shoot you looks everytime you get loud, but I equally dislike the mentality that the more obnoxious you are, the bigger and better fan you are.

Next year I'm gonna have to get in with this tailgate and sit with you all. ;)

yeah and fucck the wave

439692[/snapback]

I wanna party with you, cowboy. :D

Seriously, you and I (and Falstaff-in-Philly) have the exact same outlook. It just isn't necessary to stand for the whole game. And Stoj, I disagree about the end zone stuff. Basically what you're saying is that people who can't afford 50-yard-line seats have a right to be as obnoxious as they want even though they paid less to get in.

In my section there were a bunch of frat boys about five rows in front of us who absolutely REFUSED to sit down, no matter what the situation. And it's not like they were always paying attention to the game, either. Mostly they were just standing around drinking and carrying on. Finally a guy in front of us asked them to sit down (during a dead ball where we were going on offense), whereupon they started laughing at him and one of them turned around and said (and of course it got DEAD QUIET just before he said it), "Why don't you just stand up, you FAT !@#$?"

Now I'm no prude but the guy was with his wife, and directly in front of us were two boys ages 8 and 6 or thereabouts. There was just no call for that kind of thing. Actually I'm pretty proud of the people in our section, because we all shouted them down and a few people went up to report it to security, whereupon the frat boys sat down for the rest of the game. :lol:

I mean, Stoj, I can turn this around on you. Yeah, the guy who wants to sit and enjoy the game can stay at home and watch on TV, but what about the six boozy frat boys who are more interested in their next beer and in busting on each other? Why can't they stay in their frat house and watch on TV? What gives them more of a right to attend the game and sit where they want?

Just respect your fellow fans. That's all. You can be loud and proud without being a prick.

I would have thought that was already assumed in all of this by most people, no?

440008[/snapback]

I would have thought so too, but now you've got Stojan telling me to sit in the family section, on the 50-yard-line, or in my living room if I don't like the way he behaves at games. :angry: