The Pats look beatable this season

1billsfan

I know that ESPN is falling over themselves coronating the Pats as this season's champs after last nights game but I saw it differently. The Raiders were a complete joke on defense. Their D backs couldn't cover the Pats cheerleaders. I was not impressed by the win at all. The Raiders still had a chance in the fourth quarter!! I also saw a Pats team that looked potentially soft in both running and passing defense. If I'm Malarkey I'm could see success for McGahee and Losman against this team. I'm not saying we'll beat them, just that I could definately see our team getting over the hump and giving them a loss.

Of course if we lose to the Texan's please disregard this post.

Let's go Buffalo!

I know that ESPN is falling over themselves coronating the Pats as this season's champs after last nights game but I saw it differently. The Raiders were a complete joke on defense. Their D backs couldn't cover the Pats cheerleaders. I was not impressed by the win at all. The Raiders still had a chance in the fourth quarter!! I also saw a Pats team that looked potentially soft in both running and passing defense. If I'm Malarkey I'm could see success for McGahee and Losman against this team. I'm not saying we'll beat them, just that I could definately see our team getting over the hump and giving them a loss.

Let's go Buffalo!

434585[/snapback]

:doh::doh::D:unsure:

I'm laughing at the title of your post.

Not the post itself.

Let's go Buffalo!

434585[/snapback]

The problem with the Pats is that they always look beatable. They rarely blow out teams (other than the Bills). I think they've been beatable for the last two years, but when it comes down to it, they usually manage to pull it off. I think we can beat them, especially without Bledsoe, but its always gonna be a tough fight.

The Raiders Offensive coordinator should be fired. His whole gameplan seemed to consist of chucking the ball up 40 yards and hoping Randy Moss could catch it. Meanwhile there was all kinds of opportunities underneath. Collins just got Bledsoe disease and locked on Randy Moss practically every play. Oh and Lamont Jordan looked terrible. He must not have known the way to the Raiders weight room.

Oh and Lamont Jordan looked terrible.  He must not have known the way to the Raiders weight room.

434589[/snapback]

I wouldn't say Jordan looked terrible. When he was with the Jets, I always thought he was an average back--almost a fullback. Whenever he returned kicks for the Jets against the Bills, it was laughable. But I was surprised last night--he had a few nice runs.

Oh and Lamont Jordan looked terrible.  He must not have known the way to the Raiders weight room.

434589[/snapback]

i thaught he played very well. always seemd to pickup 6 yards on runs. if anything, C. Dillon looked HORRIBLE. he got 2 TDs so im sure espn will be waiting with knee pads on, but when the game was close, he never got more than ~2 yards on any run.

The Raiders Offensive coordinator should be fired.  His whole gameplan seemed to consist of chucking the ball up 40 yards and hoping Randy Moss could catch it.  Meanwhile there was all kinds of opportunities underneath.  Collins just got Bledsoe disease and locked on Randy Moss practically every play.  Oh and Lamont Jordan looked terrible. He must not have known the way to the Raiders weight room.

434589[/snapback]

This just in, NE actually has a good defense and will make a lo of RB's look bad. Dillon while he got two easy TD's wasn't having an easy time either with the horrible Raiders defense. And Dillon is a damn good back. Give it three weeks and then we'll see.

I think the raiders way overpaid for Jordan, but he is an average starting back and has excellant hands and the ability to go into downfield routes which makes him a better back then a straight up runner.

Brady always folds under pressure. That's why I was amazed that they let Andruzzi walk. Let's find a defense that isn't relying on Warren Sapp for their Sacks and watch how Brady goes for 150 yds, 1 TD and 2 INTs.

Brady always folds under pressure. That's why I was amazed that they let Andruzzi walk. Let's find a defense that isn't relying on Warren Sapp for their Sacks and watch how Brady goes for 150 yds, 1 TD and 2 INTs.

434709[/snapback]

I bet they still win that game. :unsure: I am very sick and tired of this Pats worship. Perhaps more so because they keep winning and give everyone reason to. And we collectively envy that which is why we proceed to bash their coach, QB, RB ... Until we can beat them (don't point out that one 31-0 game please), we should temper our criticism.

Sigh, the Pats deserve to be worship. They haven't lost a home game since 2002. They look beatable every year!!! This is nothing new! But, they tend to come out victorious. I ain't taken anything away from the Pats simply because they've played like this for four years.

The problem with the Pats is that they always look beatable.  They rarely blow out teams (other than the Bills).  I think they've been beatable for the last two years, but when it comes down to it, they usually manage to pull it off. 

434588[/snapback]

Seriously - anybody who has watched football for 4 years should know this. Moral victories don't exist against them because they always win and they rarely do it in comfortable fashion.

434709[/snapback]

How do you win 2 SB MVP's and get a rap was someone who folds under pressure?

Collins just got Bledsoe disease and locked on Randy Moss practically every play. 

434589[/snapback]

Or Norv Turner ate something given by Gilbride.....The guy has a RB who

was slicing through the NE defense like swiss cheese in the 1st quarter and

then suddenly he forgets completely about him for the rest of the game.

434589[/snapback]

I thought he looked ok considering the Pat's run defense is pretty stout. The problem was that Oakland gave up on the run too early and kept taking shots down field. That may have been because Jordan was not conditioned well enough to play a full game yet, he seemed to be winded quite often. They had to spell him with Zack Crockett in the third quarter because he was tired (I believe). He seems to be a decent reciever from the backfield however.

I thought he looked ok considering the Pat's run defense is pretty stout.  The problem was that Oakland gave up on the run too early and kept taking shots down field.  That may have been because Jordan was not conditioned well enough to play a full game yet, he seemed to be winded quite often.  They had to spell him with Zack Crockett in the third quarter because he was tired (I believe).  He seems to be a decent reciever from the backfield however.

434850[/snapback]

My bother is a Jets season-ticket holder and he told me last night to watch specifically for this because Jordon isn't what we would call an 'every down back.'