How Short is Lindell's Leash

brihs2005

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the reason Lindell was stinking it up last week was because they were trying out new Long snappers.  They have settled on one and are impressed with Lindell.

433476[/snapback]

wow...looking back, it would appear that perhaps you heard right. :doh:

5/5 is always a good start for a fg kicker. Woopty doo, let's see him do it when it counts when it's a 40+ yard kick that will win a game for us, then we'll talk, but for now lindell still sucks

440563[/snapback]

how do you tell someone he has made an ignorant comment without offending him? :doh:

seriously, dude, all five of those FGs "counted" on sunday. am i saying that any of us should feel confident when he lines up to kick the next one? no. but you have to give credit where credit is due, and so far this season lindell is perfect.

how do you tell someone he has made an ignorant comment without offending him?  :doh:

seriously, dude, all five of those FGs "counted" on sunday.  am i saying that any of us should feel confident when he lines up to kick the next one?  no.  but you have to give credit where credit is due, and so far this season lindell is perfect.

440579[/snapback]

I think he forgot that lindell accounted for 16 points sunday and we won by 15...hmmm, maybe those 5 FG's DID have something to do with our win...

OTOH...i still dont have a whole lot of faith in lindell from long distance or in clutch situations yet...it'll take a while to build that trust...but props to him for a job well done on sunday...

While I appreciate what Lindell did for us on Sunday, I can't get too excited. Yes, he made 5 FGs and accounted for 16 points, but he was only doing what we pay him $1.125 million to do - make makeable FGs (42 yards and under) in good conditions at home. Let's see him hit shots of 45+ on a regular basis and/or under poor weather conditions (wait until it's snowy/windy in Orchard Park).

"... he was only doing what WE pay him..." ????

Easy mr. checkwriter.

Lindell was straight up money on Sunday and earned every dollar...that RALPH paid him.

Everybody who cries for another kicker saw what happened to Akers this week. The job is NOT easy.

BTW: Guess who has the highest career FG % for the Bills? That's right. Lindell.

Give him his props, and don't be surpised if his leg wins more than a few games for us this year!

"... he was only doing what WE pay him..." ????

Easy mr. checkwriter.

Lindell was straight up money on Sunday and earned every dollar...that RALPH paid him.

Everybody who cries for another kicker saw what happened to Akers this week.  The job is NOT easy.

BTW:  Guess who has the highest career FG % for the Bills?  That's right.  Lindell. 

Give him his props, and don't be surpised if his leg wins more than a few games for us this year!

440959[/snapback]

I say WE and I mean WE. Sure, Ralph writes the check, but WE, THE FANS pump plenty of money into the account Ralph writes the check upon.

Lindell was money on his attempts, but I don't see why people think he's a hero. Did he go above and beyond in any way? No. He didn't hit a 50+ yard field goal. He didn't kick into a howling January wind. He didn't hit a game winner with no time left. Those are the things that make you the hero. I contend that Lindell does not do those things well and because he doesn't he'll cost us more games this year than he'll win for us (although I seriously hope I am wrong about that).

Go and buy your official Lindell jersey at the pro shop if you must, but understand there's a reason why you have to special order it...

If Lindell's leash were that short, the coaches/front office would have had some competant competation in here at the start of training camp.

Td is a little to mixed up between stats and intangibles. When ever anyone asks about him, we always hear about his great stats.

I like what Vincent said about stats: "stats are for loosers, its all about the wins column". Yea, Lindell did help win last weeks game, but the season is young.

As a side, they brought in three PKs last week to try out, and Lindell is still here.

throwbackbilly = Lindell (without a doubt)

By the way, the kickoffs were decent too on Sunday. I think a few made it into the endzone.

2,029 posts?...TWO THOUSAND TWENTY NINE posts? Get a life.

"Lindell was money on his attempts, but I don't see why people think he's a hero."

Whoever called the guy a hero? He had a great game. Fans are happy. We're 1-0. Let your aingst go.