Saints/Bills game Most likely in Buffalo

Thailog80

Because society is sometimes unfair, sports leagues shouldn't have to be or try to be? You do seem to notice, don't you, that in sports that it's a wee bit easier to win at home than it is on the road, yes? I mean, like after 100 years of something being true every single year in every single sport on every single level you'd figure it would perhaps look like a trend, no?

I mean, one of the only exceptions I can think of is one NFL team who, in the last couple years has been better on the road than at home.

Oh yeah, it's New Orleans.  0:)

432705[/snapback]

Sooooo..every single sports contest should be played on a so-called neutral site? That would be PC and rightous...:lol:

Sometimes I worry about you, Kelly... :angry::(

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this turns out to be true here would eb how the Bills open up the season:

HOME vs. Texans

@ Buccaneers

HOME vs. Falcons

Home vs. Saints

Home vs. Dolphins

Home vs. Jets

5 of our first 6 games would all be home games.  Certainly not fair to the rest of the NFL, but as a Bills fan it'd be a nice way to get off to a good start.

432700[/snapback]

No, not fair. But then again, the NFL has been unfair to us too:

1. Refs in Homerun Throwback game

2. Refs in "Just Give It To Them" game

3. 49ers and Broncos winning Super Bowls despite screwing with salary cap rules in the 90's

I don't understand why every Bills fan is not excited about this possibility! 5 homes games in the first 6 weeks would be a huge early boost for JP and our offense. I feel terrible for the Saints and their fans, but is it such a crime to root against them for just 1 week in the season???

How would they "fill the stadium" at a neutral site?

I would think the most important consideration would be where they think they'll get the most revenue from ticket sales.

432720[/snapback]

Because if its in San Antonio me and 3 friends will all be going.

They should have the game in Buffalo, but, all the seats are available for sale. Obvioiusly the season ticket holders would get first dibs on their seats, but everyone would have to pay for them. All the proceeds go to help with the Hurricane relief.

Or, they should fly 76000 NO fans to Buffalo and let them go to the game for free. We would surely show them a good time.

Filling the stadium if it was in Buffalo would be hard enough. Most fans have NFL games planned months in advance. It would be hard to get the fans to drive up. What they should do is the NFL should get together with the airlines and provide a reduced rate airfare/hotel for all N.O. Saints ticket holders who have since been relocated to all the home games that are now away. Perhaps even a chartered plan or two from major relocation areas.

Guest ExNorthBuffaloLad

When I first heard that the Saints game against the NY Giants was being moved to

NY, I immediately thought it was very unfair. I fully expected the Eagles, Cowboys,

and Redskins to vent about it, and I'm quite surprised to have heard nothing ...

Perhaps it's being done under hush by them ... but I think it's totally unfair for any

club to get more than 8 home games. It should be an even playing field in all aspects.

Game should have been moved to Baton Rouge, San Antonio, or another neutral

site away from NY ...

The very rich NFL also does not look too favorable with their mere $1m contribution

to the hurricane relief fund ... with the money they make it should have somewhere

around $32m total, $1m per franchise ... Not good NFL :lol:

Filling the stadium if it was in Buffalo would be hard enough.  Most fans have NFL games planned months in advance. 

432730[/snapback]

Indecision might be worse- for those of us holding tickets to the original game in the Superdome, we'd be far more likely to rework everything to go to another location IF details were ready NOW. The bottom line is do SOMETHING.

No, not fair. But then again, the NFL has been unfair to us too:

1. Refs in Homerun Throwback game

2. Refs in "Just Give It To Them" game

3. 49ers and Broncos winning Super Bowls despite screwing with salary cap rules in the 90's

I don't understand why every Bills fan is not excited about this possibility! 5 homes games in the first 6 weeks would be a huge early boost for JP and our offense. I feel terrible for the Saints and their fans, but is it such a crime to root against them for just 1 week in the season???

AND when Disney got involved with the tickets for the first Super Bowl what a screw up.

Bring the game to WNY. Erie County could use some extra $$$$ right about now.

Stadiums often have advance contractual commitments aside from NFL football which must be honored.

432655[/snapback]

Not only that, but the visiting teams need to make arrangements far enough in advance. We're only three weeks out and the Bills have no idea where they're going to play the Saints, which means they have to wait until the NFL gets its schit together so they can reserve hotel rooms, etc. Same thing with the visiting media. I understand the Saints wanting to play in Baton Rouge, for example, but are there going to be any hotel rooms available with half of New Orleans living there already?

What's interesting is that they can't at least make a decision on a game by game basis.

The Bills/Saints game is only 3 weeks away.  :lol:

432643[/snapback]

I'd cut the nfl some slack on this one. It's not an every day occasion when an NFL team has to find a place to play their 8 home games on a months notice. Also, I'm sure Benson is being a pain in the A$$ trying to figure out a way to maximize his revenues in a year where he will have no home games.

Bills obviously.  Will it be a bonus game or will you have to pay for the additional game?

I think if they do this that all the profits for any Saints Home(Away) games should be donated to the relif fund.

432747[/snapback]

What's obvious? I would expect that wherever the Saints games end up getting played, that the SAINTS Season ticket holders would get 1st crack at the tickets; as they actually BOUGHT tickets to the Saints homegames with an expectation that the games would be played. The fact the games will not be played in New Orleans should not bump them out of their priority. I also would expect that the league would try to honor any single game tickets bought.

With that being said, I doubt that many Saints season ticket holders are overly concerned about the games at this point in time and that most of the seats in the Ralph (if that is where the game moves to) are available. I'd expect that Bills season ticket holders would be given the next priority on purchases, but I definitely don't expect them to be "bonus" games. Nor would I expect season ticket holders to get priority on their "normal" tickets.

Does anybody know any Giants ticket holders, as the league will probably distribute seats in a comparable manner as that game?

Dave.

While it would be great to have the game in Buffalo, for the Bills, I really wish they wouldn't do that. It's extremely unfair to the other teams in the division (like the NFC East's Dallas, Philly, etc., because the Giants get an extra home game instead of an away game) or even if it were to happen to the Bills' AFC East foes. Find a neutral site at least.

432678[/snapback]

I have an idea. Let them play the Giants at the Ralph, and let them play the Bills at the Meadowlands. That way, I'd get to go to the game :lol: