Deion - Master of Charity...

Deion Says All Pro Athletes Should Give $1000 to aid Katrina Victims

I'd like to bash the sh-- out of him but at least he's doing something - so I won't.

427571[/snapback]

If the NFL alone did that, they'd get about $1.3 million. Personally, I'd rather see them all pick a weekend and donate a game check. Or have the league pick a weekend and donate the gate.

people change.  i don't think he's the same guy that we all hated when he came into the league. 

could you really beat him up?  wow!

427659[/snapback]

This from the POS (Deion) that stiffed a mechanic out of $1500.00 because "God" told him not to pay it.

If the NFL alone did that, they'd get about $1.3 million.  Personally, I'd rather see them all pick a weekend and donate a game check.  Or have the league pick a weekend and donate the gate.

427633[/snapback]

Actually, Warrick Dunn appealled to fellow NFL'ers on Thursday to donate a minimum of $5k. If 53 guys from each of the 30 teams (Saints excluded) kicked in, they'd raise over $8 million.

Hopefully the other guys get on board with him.

Actually, Warrick Dunn appealled to fellow NFL'ers on Thursday to donate a minimum of $5k.  If 53 guys from each of the 30 teams (Saints excluded) kicked in, they'd raise over $8 million.

427673[/snapback]

Warrick is a good egg. A great representitive of what the NFL should be. An FSU Grad BTW. Go Noles!! :rolleyes:

This from the POS (Deion) that stiffed a mechanic out of $1500.00 because "God" told him not to pay it.

427665[/snapback]

It was over $4,000 for the work, he offered $1500. When the mechanic showed up at his door looking for his money, Deion said he was taking a "Praise Jesus discount." I wonder if Jesus gave him some kind of redeemable coupon....

Actually, Warrick Dunn appealled to fellow NFL'ers on Thursday to donate a minimum of $5k.  If 53 guys from each of the 30 teams (Saints excluded) kicked in, they'd raise over $8 million.

427673[/snapback]

Maybe that semi-pro team from Miami could kick in some too (I'm guessing that's why you said 30 and not 31... :rolleyes: ).

Warrick is a good egg. A great representitive of what the NFL should be. An FSU Grad BTW. Go Noles!! :rolleyes:

427685[/snapback]

Warrick is from Baton Rouge and his mother was a cop there. She was killed in an attempted robbery at a night deposit box at one of the local banks.

Warrick is a tremendous individual and I hope that the people he was appealing to heed his call.

Dave.

427673[/snapback]

How about the guys getting paid a ton kick in 10k and the guys just hanging onto a roster spot who will be lucky to see a check after this year keep their 5k and donate something they can afford? People think that every pro athlete is a millionaire which isn't the case. While they do make good money, alot of these guys don't have enough job security to be throwing out 5k just because some millionaire said it was their obligation.

We've got a lot of people on this thread who would make great politicians. You already know how to spend someone else's money on your own interests.

Anyone think the families who lost people in this hurricane will see anywhere close to the amount of cash that families who lost someone in 9-11 saw? Nope.

RTB

How about the guys getting paid a ton kick in 10k and the guys just hanging onto a roster spot who will be lucky to see a check after this year keep their 5k and donate something they can afford? People think that every pro athlete is a millionaire which isn't the case. While they do make good money, alot of these guys don't have enough job security to be throwing out 5k just because some millionaire said it was their obligation.

Great point. I wonder how many of us would actually be able to give up a week's worth of pay.