Astrodome...

Well, during a game, they're used to feeding 70k, so I don't think that'll be a problem.

I certainly wouldn't want to be 'confined' like that for a month or more.  I would assume they're not 'confined' per se (i.e. not quarantined(sp?)) and are free to leave.  Problem is, they don't have any place to go or anything to do.  Stir crazy is certainly an issue, but I wouldn't think that's the situation would promote riotous activity.

Good question of which I can only speculate.  1st, they don't need to shower once a day like most of us have the luxury of doing.  However, since they are not French (although N.O. does have a large %age of French speaking people, doesn't it  <_< ) it is reasonable to try to have accomodations for them to shower once or twice a week.  Much like there's porto-potties, it's reasonable to assume they could set up adequate, make-shift facilities.

For math, assume they need to have 49,000 total showers a week, or 7000/day.

Allowing for 4 showers/hour/stall, that equates to 1750 'shower units'.  That's attainable w/ perhaps 100 stalls.  Is that unreasonable capacity?  (I'm assuming that fits w/in the municipalities capabilities although it might cause a temporarily strain.)

425841[/snapback]

Yep, once-a-day is a luxury and not needed for hygiene. I grew up in the Saturday bath days and neither itched or suffered infection or offended civil society. :lol:

Don't discount the rest of the world...the pheronomes from sweat emanating from the body without some stick or spray clouding it is highly provacitive... :P:blink:

Dropping bottles of water to people who are literally dying of thirst is not a brainbuster compared to how you would provide showers for 24,000 people in a facilty that only has showers for two baseball teams.

425844[/snapback]

How the hell do they split an atom? Just because you don't know doesn't mean it can't be done. Believe it or not there are people who are educated and trained to handle stuff like this but it doesn't happen over night.

Well, during a game, they're used to feeding 70k, so I don't think that'll be a problem.

I certainly wouldn't want to be 'confined' like that for a month or more.  I would assume they're not 'confined' per se (i.e. not quarantined(sp?)) and are free to leave.  Problem is, they don't have any place to go or anything to do.  Stir crazy is certainly an issue, but I wouldn't think that's the situation would promote riotous activity.

Good question of which I can only speculate.  1st, they don't need to shower once a day like most of us have the luxury of doing.  However, since they are not French (although N.O. does have a large %age of French speaking people, doesn't it  :blink: ) it is reasonable to try to have accomodations for them to shower once or twice a week.  Much like there's porto-potties, it's reasonable to assume they could set up adequate, make-shift facilities.

For math, assume they need to have 49,000 total showers a week, or 7000/day.

Allowing for 4 showers/hour/stall, that equates to 1750 'shower units'.  That's attainable w/ perhaps 100 stalls.  Is that unreasonable capacity?  (I'm assuming that fits w/in the municipalities capabilities although it might cause a temporarily strain.)

425841[/snapback]

And you can probably manage 6 showers/hr. But then you have to figure a given shower is available only 2/3 the time (they do have to be cleaned and maintained, after all.)

But even assuming 4 showers/hour, 16 hours availability a day, everyone can take one shower every day with 400 shower heads. Once a week probably amounts to about 60.

Is there any wonder why so many people have the desire to choke the crap out of you?

Instead of declaring yourself as a know it all - why don't you go find the answer yourself?  Are you so arrogant that you think no one in the entire power structure of the state of LA, the Feds, or the Red Cross hasn't thought of that? Are you the smartest person ion the world now and that everyone else is so friggin' dumb that they couldn't come up with "just drop them pallets of water"???

Why don't you start seeking some knowledge instead of spouting off about what you don't know?

425879[/snapback]

I'd love to be the only one who thinks that FEMA is dragging its feet here. I would love to think there was no alternative to people baking to their deaths on deserted stretches of road, or rooftops in flooded neighborhoods. If i was the only one who thought more could be done, so be it. But I'm not.

Terry Ebbert, head of the city's emergency operations, bitterly complained that FEMA was not offering enough help.

``This is a national emergency. This is a national disgrace,'' he said. ``FEMA has been here three days, yet there is no command and control. We can send massive amounts of aid to tsunami victims, but we can't bail out the city of New Orleans.''

Yet you, Scott, seem to think that I'm the only one who thinks that YES, 72 hours IS to long for these people to get a plan together to get the people of New Orleans some frigging help.

This would be different if it was an Earthquake, a disaster with no forewarning. We KNEW this hurricane was gonna hit the N.O. area for DAYS.

But yeah, choking the crap out of me? Nice.

I'd love to be the only one who thinks that FEMA is dragging its feet here. I would love to think there was no alternative to people baking to their deaths on deserted stretches of road, or rooftops in flooded neighborhoods. If i was the only one who thought more could be done, so be it. But I'm not.

Terry Ebbert, head of the city's emergency operations, bitterly complained that FEMA was not offering enough help.

``This is a national emergency. This is a national disgrace,'' he said. ``FEMA has been here three days, yet there is no command and control. We can send massive amounts of aid to tsunami victims, but we can't bail out the city of New Orleans.''

Yet you, Scott, seem to think that I'm the only one who thinks that YES, 72 hours IS to long for these people to get a plan together to get the people of New Orleans some frigging help.

This would be different if it was an Earthquake, a disaster with no forewarning. We KNEW this hurricane was gonna hit the N.O. area for DAYS.

But yeah, choking the crap out of me?  Nice.

425996[/snapback]

Call your Congressman and encouage Impeachment proceedings then. Be pro-active.

425996[/snapback]

Terry Ebbert could also go by "guy who never checked to see what would happen if a Cat 4/5 hurricane hit his city." Nice.

Call your Congressman and encouage Impeachment proceedings then. Be pro-active.

426002[/snapback]

Sorry. For a minute I thought this was a message board. My bad.

Next time you B word about the play of one of the Bills, I expect you to go visit MM and TD to share your feelings. Be pro-active.

Sorry. For a minute I thought this was a message board. My bad.

Next time you B word about the play of one of the Bills, I expect you to go visit MM and TD to share your feelings. Be pro-active.

426005[/snapback]

You may want to pick a different analogy. Congressional representatives are paid to listen to your bitching and to fix the problems to the best of their abilities. Football coaches and GM's are not. RWS, maybe, since you are his consumer?

You may want to pick a different analogy. Congressional representatives are paid to listen to your bitching and to fix the problems to the best of their abilities. Football coaches and GM's are not. RWS, maybe, since you are his consumer?

426026[/snapback]

but, but, but....I'm a season ticket holder!

425996[/snapback]

And it would be all better if they water-bombed the population from C-130s... :blink:

This is kind of stupid, but with 24,000 people in a stadium, what about privacy for sex?  I mean that is up there with food water and showers as far as necessities. 

Well I don't know that my wife sees it as a necessity    <_<

426091[/snapback]

Sex isn't a need...it's a desire that does NOT have to be acted upon. Or did you not see the commercials for "The 40 Year Old Virgin"?

I think that the refugees aren't really concerned about shagging right now.

Mike

This is kind of stupid, but with 24,000 people in a stadium, what about privacy for sex?  I mean that is up there with food water and showers as far as necessities. 

Well I don't know that my wife sees it as a necessity    <_<

426091[/snapback]

What do you think the group showers are for. ;)

426026[/snapback]

Thank you, well said.