Gas Prices...

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in carlisle pa they tacked 40cents/gallon to the price of premium in 2 days...up to 3.20gallon. i drive a mini, so i get great milage (YAY ;)) , but the damn thing takes premium gas (DOH <_<).

i ALMOST didn't buy it for that reason (got it used), but i thought, "hey...what could go wrong??"

:D

Yep, I stopped by the dealership today and I'm eyeing up a used Pontiac Vibe. It's a six speed and was like driving a little MiniCooper but for a heck of a lot less. Gets 40 MPG. I think I'm gonna trade in the Dakota and get it....for 2.79 a gallon it's worth it, the car will be cheaper insurancewise and with heating costs going up and the long range folks predicting a cold winter I think  it's the most practical decision. Sure, it's not as "manly" as an SUV but I've got my toy car when I need to have some fun.

425127[/snapback]

We've got the sister vehicle to the Pontiac, the Toyota Matrix and we lot. It's our primary vehicle now. My Ford Ranger hasn't been really driven since April, because my new job provides a vehicle. Our Matrix is the auto, we get between 30-35mpg, depending on how much highway driving we do.

Is this the same refinery that does not have to conform to all the emission controls as mainland US ? And pumps a lot of smoke in the Virgin air ?

424955[/snapback]

Not sure if youre sarcasm button is on, but................. the US Virgin Islands is a territory of the US and as such is subject to the same EPA and DOE regulations as the US mainland. I think the reason for the refinery's location is the easy access to Venezuala (closest US land to Venezuala) as well as easy access to US ports on the eastern seaboard.

in carlisle pa they tacked 40cents/gallon to the price of premium in 2 days...up to 3.20gallon.  i drive a mini, so i get great milage (YAY ;)) , but the damn thing takes premium gas (DOH <_<). 

i ALMOST didn't buy it for that reason (got it used), but i thought, "hey...what could go wrong??"

:D

425195[/snapback]

correction...today it is $3.40/gallon....mother!@#$ers!

i just emailed 2 of my colleagues about starting a carpool. it will be inconvenient for sure, but i figure i can get a few extra papers graded on the way, and use the gas i save to do fun stuff on the weekends.