Gas Prices...

Hess in Bushnell's Basin (Rochester Suburbs) still has gas at $2.84 as of 6 pm tonight.  The owner said they have not yet received any notice on an increase, although the Hess in Henrietta is $3.09 so haul ass to the Basin quick and fill up.

426180[/snapback]

Wife was driving through East Rochester and saw $3.39 at a Sunoco there tonight. I imagine the Hess I saw at $3.09 will be close to that tomorrow.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the government drop taxes.  That'll happen.  <_<  The government, any government, is run by the First Ferengi Rule of Acquisition: "Once you have their money, never give it back."

426144[/snapback]

Believe it or not, I thought I read that NYS was considering it...or at least a combined tax levy.

Just got my Sunoco card today...will save nearly .12/gallon at 2.959 I paid tonight. Gas went up .20/gallon at the stations I pass to/from work today....My wife bought gas today for the van, and it was the first time she experienced the "$50 click-off." ;)

The problem with this logic is that there is a finite supply of gasoline.  The more guzzlers out there drive up the demand, raising prices for everyone, regardless of what you yourself drive

426214[/snapback]

That's what the free market's for. Eventually the gas guzzlers become so expensive to operate that people stop driving them, and the market establishes an equilibrium. Just because it hasn't happened yet, it doesn't mean it won't, or it's not a valid model.

And most of the recent predictions are that it'll happen around $4/gal, based on inflation-adjusted historical trends. So we may be seeing it soon.

That's what the free market's for.  Eventually the gas guzzlers become so expensive to operate that people stop driving them, and the market establishes an equilibrium.  Just because it hasn't happened yet, it doesn't mean it won't, or it's not a valid model.

And most of the recent predictions are that it'll happen around $4/gal, based on inflation-adjusted historical trends.  So we may be seeing it soon.

426297[/snapback]

Yeah, like when they stop driving 85 mph down the Northway and Thruway. This me,me,me generation doesn't give a sh-- about anything other than self-gratification.

$2.99 is the cheapest gas around here. Luckily its almost across the street from my house. There were rumors today about the gas stations closing, so there was a HUGE line on my way to college. On the way back, i topped off my tank and filled up my two 5-gallon gas tanks at $3.19 for super unleaded... 3 of the 5 pumps were closed when i got there, so who knows about tomorrow, but i'm good for tonight. The other stations in town range anywhere from $3.01-$3.29 for reg. unleaded. By the way, the gas station in question is the kangaroo station at the corner of rockfish and camden in hope mills, nc (i know there's a few from fayetteville here, so go by TONIGHT or TOMORROW at 6am)

What kinda of milelage do big boats get?  Seems no matter what the price is, the number keep on going up sales wise.

426378[/snapback]

I saw one this afternoon, the plate was a personalized one that read "SUBRBAN" and there was a sticker on the back window that read "Georgia Tech Mom."

How many of you are seeing CLOSED stations now and not just high prices? Of the eight or so I passed on the way home from work, only two were open for business. Artificially created by an unwarranted panic or not, there ain't much gas in these here parts.

-Jeff

I saw one this afternoon, the plate was a personalized one that read "SUBRBAN" and there was a sticker on the back window that read "Georgia Tech Mom." 

How many of you are seeing CLOSED stations now and not just high prices? Of the eight or so I passed on the way home from work, only two were open for business. Artificially created by an unwarranted panic or not, there ain't much gas in these here parts.

-Jeff

426390[/snapback]

I'm in Rochester NY and I've heard of several gas stations that are out of gas, at least until tomorrow or Saturday. The problem is supply and demand. With the price gouging and all that, people are afraid that the price is going to be much higher the next day, so they are filling up as much as possible. Plus they said on the local news that gas stations are telling them that the price will probably go up 40 cents overnight. Afterall, Rochester is wayyyy behind in gas prices right now. <_<

I'm in Rochester NY and I've heard of several gas stations that are out of gas, at least until tomorrow or Saturday.  The problem is supply and demand.  With the price gouging and all that, people are afraid that the price is going to be much higher the next day, so they are filling up as much as possible.  Plus they said on the local news that gas stations are telling them that the price will probably go up 40 cents overnight.  Afterall, Rochester is wayyyy behind in gas prices right now.  <_<

426409[/snapback]

Yeah, I realize it's the rush that causes the problem. It still sucks for those of us that need to fill up, simply to get to work, though. I feel like kicking these guys with the bed-full-o-gas-cans.

They just said down here on the radio this morning that Tallahassee has enough gas ot mget through the weekend and thats about it...and many stations are already are out of gas here...i have about 3/4ths of a tank, which can hopefully get me through 1.5-2 weeks (short drive to school/work)...

I'm considering calling the city's price gouging hotline, because 1 station was at 2.95 yesterday, and this morning jumoed to 3.15 because a few others around it ran out...

Yeah, I realize it's the rush that causes the problem.  It still sucks for those of us that need to fill up, simply to get to work, though.  I feel like kicking these guys with the bed-full-o-gas-cans.

426556[/snapback]

I say that we sink a big ole fuel holding tank under our driveway and we can purchase our year supply of fuel in advance.

It would be nice to have that flexibility and pump from your own supply that was prepayed.

;):flirt:

Just imagine the nightmare of everybody with their own supply of gas!

:lol:;)

<_<

-Jeff

426390[/snapback]

Haven't seen any stations closed down in the PTC-Sharpsburg-Newnan area although the population isn't as dense as the northern Atlanta burbs....yet.

Prices have seemed to stabilize. Can still get gas for $2.99...highest I've seen is $3.19.

;)

Rochester officially joins the ass-raped club. $2.69 on the way to work, $3.09 on the way home.

Cheapest Friday reported gas is at Refiners on Culver between Nortion and 104 - $2.95.

Seems $3.03 is the best average price today.

On the plus side, maybe most of those SUV driving soccer mom retards will get a sensible car.

I wouldn't count on it. The used car lots are filling fast and the trade in value is poor.

On the plus side, brought home my new (2005 year end ) Honda Accord last night , and the tank was full. <_<

-Jeff

426390[/snapback]

Some larger stations are placing orange cones around some of their pumps. My speculation is that they are either trying to ration their current supply so they stay open all week, or they are holding back gas they already have to sell for 20 cents a gallon more tomorrow. I just don't know. <_<

Some larger stations are placing orange cones around some of their pumps. My speculation is that they are either trying to ration their current supply so they stay open all week, or they are holding back gas they already have to sell for 20 cents a gallon more tomorrow. I just don't know.  :blink:

426636[/snapback]

Never though of that! What is stopping them from saying that they are out of certain blends and putting a bag over the handle.

If they have it, must they sell it?

Never though of that!  What is stopping them from saying that they are out of certain blends and putting a bag over the handle.

If they have it, must they sell it?

426702[/snapback]

No, they can ration it if they want.

Given the way people are making runs on gas stations, it's probably not a bad idea. Things are not THAT bad...refinery capacity's down, yes, but the eastern pipelines are partially up and transporting more as more power comes on line in the South. After this weekend, supply through the east should be enough that, while supply will be tight and prices high, no one's going to run out of gas for any length of time.

Couple more open on the way to work today. Average price ~3.50. I just paid $3.39 for regular. I don't think this is in the realm of gouging.

How 'bout installing one of them there tanks in my backyard, Ex?

-Jeff