Gas Prices...

This is clear evidence of price gouging.....report to your state's Attorney General. No way they should raise gas prices for gas they already paid for by a dime a gallon. It takes days for shortages to affect prices

422825[/snapback]

it happened here too. Clump. Check the gas station each day. It's going up fast. It was $2.63 near me on yesterday, it's up to $2.73 today.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Dayton, OH and this is what I found

Going home last night - $2.69.9/Gallon

This morning going to work - $2.99.9/Gallon  :D  :D

423823[/snapback]

holy sh--! It's going up fast. We'll be paying OVER $3 per gallon by Labor Day. I'm afraid it will cost me like $50 to fill the tank for the opener next week. :doh:

I know that when I go to Buffalo this Friday, I'm going to find the nearest reservation and fill er back up for the ride home. :w00t:

Price Gouging in a disaster area is grounds for arrest and prosecution. Why is it OK then from a distance. .30 cents overnight!!! That gas is already in the ground and paid for. This is consumer rape! Sure the price will go up, but it should take weeks. These fuel station owners or whoever tells them how to price are taking the profit while they have the change. These guys can make 3-4000 extra a day, while the wholesale price change hasn't touched them yet.

It makes me furious that this tolerated. :doh:

$2.49 on Monday,$2.59 on the reservation last night. I didn't check this morning but one of the guys at work said it was $2.81 this morning.

You aren't getting any break if you travel any distance to get there to fill up. I live in Salamanca so I get it there. These guys are the epitimy (sp?) of gouging prices. Not sure what the state taxes are in NY for a gallon but they only charge a dime less, on average, than non native stations.

Price Gouging in a disaster area is grounds for arrest and prosecution. Why is it OK then from a distance. .30 cents overnight!!! That gas is already in the ground and paid for. This is consumer rape! Sure the price will go up, but it should take weeks. These fuel station owners or whoever tells them how to price are taking the profit while they have the change. These guys can make 3-4000 extra a day, while the wholesale price change hasn't touched them yet.

It makes me furious that this tolerated.  :doh:

423860[/snapback]

Because they have to pay for September delivery, which did go up $.30 overnight.

There are many things we spend money on that we can do without in order to afford gas. If money is so tight it is time for some to trade off that $30+ for a carton of butts, $20 a week for lottery tickets, $2 bottles of water, and $4 lattes for gas.

Yes, there are people who can not afford any of the above and for that I am sad. I do not know if I accept an "I can't afford gas" argument, however, at least from a group of people who are able to have the resources to post to TBD.

I hafta use Premium and I just paid $3.02/gal to fill up before I left Saratoga.  But hey, gotta do it.  Still cheaper than the rest of the world.

Have you ever seen the news when they interview a guy at the pumps, and he says, "Ya know, I can't even fill 'er up anymore.  I stop when it's half-full."  Does anybody do this?  I just don't see what sense it makes.  I understand people are on budgets and possibly can't afford to fill it, but why not?  You're just going to be back twice as fast as you would've been.  And paying $20 twice a week equals paying $40 once, doesn't it?  I mean, heck, you're going to use the gas.  It's not like it's a waste to fill it and it will just go unused.

423813[/snapback]

I hear idiots say this all the time, how its too expensive to fill it up, so they fill it up halfway twice. They dont realize that its more time to stop again at the gas station.

Also, these people dont realize that filling it up is better for your car then letting it run on the last half/quarter tank when all the sludge and sediment and stojan at the bottom is getting pumped into your fuel system.

This is clear evidence of price gouging.....report to your state's Attorney General. No way they should raise gas prices for gas they already paid for by a dime a gallon. It takes days for shortages to affect prices

422825[/snapback]

That's not gouging, that's communism. A gas operator can charge whatever they want. As long as demand is there, he could do as he please. Realize if they do, people will remember that later on. It's a double edged sword!

I hear idiots say this all the time, how its too expensive to fill it up, so they fill it up halfway twice. They dont realize that its more time to stop again at the gas station.

Also, these people dont realize that filling it up is better for your car then letting it run on the last half/quarter tank when all the sludge and sediment and stojan at the bottom is getting pumped into your ful system.

423966[/snapback]

Not only that, but the next time they go back to fill up another half-tank, the gas will likely be more expensive. So in effect, they're paying more to fill a tank than they would have if they had just filled it up all the way the first time. :P

www.gasbuddy.com

In NJ, state law says the NJ Parkway can only raise the gas prices once per week. The prices change tonight at midnight, so the pumps still reflect last weeks price.

Hope that helps. Good luck.