Gas Prices...

I don't know, but that is exactly what I am seeing here.

I was just thinking back to the "gas shortages" in the early 70's when they would close the station, barricading the entrances with signs that said "out of gas" when they HAD plenty.

That was when I lived in Jersey, and many of the gas station managers had big dogs and shotguns. :blink:

One time I ran out of gas, while waiting in a long line of cars for my turn to buy a $5 ration of gas (yes they rationed gas!). I think prices were pushing up close to 50 cents a gallon. :) We were pushing my "hippie" van along the line when the barricades went up. I went and talked to the manager who told me to just discretely hang out until the mob (literally an angry mob) left and he would fill my tank. I had only asked for enough gas to get home. I guess being polite paid off. :lol:

Never though of that!  What is stopping them from saying that they are out of certain blends and putting a bag over the handle.

If they have it, must they sell it?

426702[/snapback]

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say that we sink a big ole fuel holding tank under our driveway and we can purchase our year supply of fuel in advance.

426609[/snapback]

Anyone else remember the stink that was made when "rocky mountain high" John Denver actually did this in the middle of the 70's fuel "shortage"? :blink:

Mr. Natural was just making sure that at least HE had HIS! :)

I don't know, but that is exactly what I am seeing here.

I was just thinking back to the "gas shortages" in the early 70's when they would close the station, barricading the entrances with signs that said "out of gas" when they HAD plenty.

That was when I lived in Jersey, and many of the gas station managers had big dogs and shotguns.  :blink:

One time I ran out of gas, while waiting in a long line of cars for my turn to buy a $5 ration of gas (yes they rationed gas!).  I think prices were pushing up close to 50 cents a gallon.  :)  We were pushing my "hippie" van along the line when the barricades went up. I went and talked to the manager who told me to just discretely hang out until the mob (literally an angry mob) left and he would fill my tank. I had only asked for enough gas to get home. I guess being polite paid off.  :lol:

426913[/snapback]

:(:D

Damn hippies... Damn hippy lovers!

;);)

I'm trying to figure out what to do.  I got about 3/4 of a tank and gotta go to Buffalo today for game.  :blink:

I think I'll drive there with what I got and maybe stop at the rez on the way back.

426938[/snapback]

Someone said yesterday that prices were higher at the reservation. Can anybody confirm that?

Someone said yesterday that prices were higher at the reservation. Can anybody confirm that?

426975[/snapback]

I think it's more that prices are fluctuating so quickly that the rate of updates can cause "lag" that will make one station that is traditionally more pricey be the cheap boy on the block for a couple of hours. Yesterday I drove into work, and out in the sticks gas was $2.799. I go into Rochester, which is usually a few cents cheaper, and the station I drove by near work was at $2.899. On the way home that same station in the sticks was up to $2.999. It's hour-by-hour. You can't even really count on Gas Buddy at this point.

426975[/snapback]

Just spoke with my mom on the phone (near the Seneca nation) she said that it's true and that people feel that the indians are over charging because they can. She said on the reservation there it's 3.25. Which is pretty high. Gas up here in the Adirondacks is now up to 3.69. And climbing dialy.

I think this could be the death chant for Northwest Airlines. Fuel costs have pushed them over the top. No real credit.  Maybe not, but another one could bite the dust. Pilots agreed to negotiate, mechanics union says no.

427298[/snapback]

Mechanics' union is clearly run by geniuses. "We'd rather see the company go under and be unemployed than have jobs." :P

Too bad. I always liked flying Northwest.

Gas actually went from $2.99 DOWN to $2.79 in St. Paul today...

Should've filled up (I still have 3/4 tank), but I didn't notice it until I was already past and didn't feel like turning around.

I won't need gas for another week or so anyway.

CW

Gas actually went from $2.99 DOWN to $2.79 in St. Paul today...

Should've filled up (I still have 3/4 tank), but I didn't notice it until I was already past and didn't feel like turning around.

I won't need gas for another week or so anyway.

CW

427340[/snapback]

Gas is starting to go down today in fayetteville too, by about 20 cents on average.

Gas has gone from $2.66 to $3.49 at the Crown gas station I usually get gas from. They appear to be price gauging since every other gas station is much less. Even the Exxon which is closest to my house and usually most espensive is $3.10, $3.15 and $3.20, before they were $.10 and $.20 apart every day (this proves to me that cost for high octane gas is just mostly hype).

Leving at 4am Sat morning for my annual trip back to BUFF for the opener, golf, Molsons, Fort Erie Tata bars, and BUFF "GoodEats". In Memphis many stations are out, wondering how it will be along the drive to Nashville, Louisville, Cinci, Columbus Cleveland, and WNY.. I don't care about price just AVAILABILITY! All info appreciated, tough to gage it from inet information..

And what about that TaTA bar near the airport?? Any good?? or filled w BUFF BUTT poonanies!! :P

Gas is starting to go down today in fayetteville too, by about 20 cents on average.

427354[/snapback]

Gasoline futures for October delivery were down 22 cents/gallon today to about $2.18.

We're not seeing any of that savings in Arkansas, although it appears prices have stabilized at $3.19/gallon. This from $2.49 Sunday.

426975[/snapback]

I can!!! 3.25 at the res today.. It took 45.00 to fill my little cavalier!!!

I got back to Hornell and it was 3.09 at MOBIL. Filled my wifes Envoy for 50.00 there..

Since this afternoon that same MOBIL station is now selling gas at 3.49 per gallon..

up 40 cents in 4 hours!!!