Gas Prices...

Can't Bushie freeze prices at some limit???

424752[/snapback]

nixon tried price caps in the 70's, it only put off higher prices later, then led to stagflation.

Heard gas is $5.50 per gallon in Atlanta.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I just had to.... You have heard the joke right?

What do mopeds and fat chicks have in common?

VVVVV Don't read if you are sensitive... Punch line below VVVVV

They are both fun to ride till one of your friends sees you on it.

B-)  ;)

424810[/snapback]

I don't even know where to begin.... :doh:

nixon tried price caps in the 70's, it only put off higher prices later, then led to stagflation.

Heard gas is $5.50 per gallon in Atlanta.

424812[/snapback]

More specifically, price controls lead to shortages. You cannot force people to sell a product below cost and expect the same supply.

There are many things we spend money on that we can do without in order to afford gas. If money is so tight it is time for some to trade off that $30+ for a carton of butts, $20 a week for lottery tickets, $2 bottles of water, and $4 lattes for gas. 

Yes, there are people who can not afford any of the above and for that I am sad.  I do not know if I accept an "I can't afford gas" argument, however, at least from a group of people who are able to have the resources to post to TBD.

423924[/snapback]

That has been my whole point Hong Kong Fooey!

:doh:B-)

Why do gas stations raise prices when the gas has been in their undergrounds tanks for weeks or months and their cost didnt just go up? They bought it at the cheaper price weeks ago !

It's robbery I tell ya ! Bush should cap the price of gas. It is a national crisis now to cap the price of gas.

Why do gas stations raise prices when the gas has been in their undergrounds tanks for weeks or months and their cost didnt just go up? They bought it at the cheaper price weeks ago !

It's robbery I tell ya ! Bush should cap the price of gas. It is a national crisis now to cap the price of gas.

424841[/snapback]

We get 600 miles on a 12 gallon tank... gas prices? No problem.

Ooooh...sounds like someone's threatening me.  Whatcha gonna do, hit me with your mop or cut me with your potato peeler?  Get back to the galley, scullery maid...

424848[/snapback]

Be careful !!!He's learned a few tricks from the Hulkster.......7000 videos to pick from. Maybe he'll put you in a full nelson.......or worse the "Father Nelson" ..... :doh:

None of you will probably want to hear this, I paid 2.19 a gallon this morning, premium is 2.24.  This is on the island of St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands.  We are home to one of, if not the largest, refineries in the western hemisphere.  It is a joint operation between Hess and the Venezualan national petroleum company.  All the gas station operators here are independents, no Amoco, BP, Texaco, etc. They all get their gas stock directly from the refinery.  It is my understanding that is a pretty unusual arrangement.  There are only 55,000 people on the island, so I imagine it is doable because of how little gasoline the whole island uses.  Still, people here B word about the price of gas constantly.  I am not complaining about gas prices, I know how good I have it.

424623[/snapback]

wow thats cheap for buttf**k Iowa????!!!!!! ha