$BILLIONS lost in the south

Man- so many people in this thread look disgustingly ugly. This thread may go down as one of the sickest threads in the history of TBD. Really. Really. Poor taste and atrocious.

It's amazing how many countries have reached out to us, even some of the poorest. It's touching.

427309[/snapback]

I think all the threads are like that. It is amazing how many people here mock and lack compasssion for the suffering.

It probably makes it easy that most of the victims are the underclass of society.

It is easy to drop names like gang-banger, welfare queen, and drug addict.

We donate and help so much and then people can't resist the labels.

Like I said before it is about THEM, the victims, the suffering. Something might not be going smoothly or appears things are going slowly, PEOPLE WILL CRITICIZE. So what. Suck it up. But, people have to immediately become offended. Rememeber it is not about YOU, it is not about the aid, it is not about the rescuers... It is about the victims and helping them.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to see something from Indonesia.

That area got almost $400 million in aid from us,

not to mention the cost of sending a whole carrier group there to help.

At they still bitched it wasn't enough, and would tell our aid workers to keep a low profile,

so they wouldn't "offend" any one.

All this, when one week after 9-11, they had thousands marching in the streets chanting "Death to USA"

Doesn't matter that we are not a third world country. Unless everyone down there is taken care and safe, we could use any help we would get.

I know that $400 million spent over there would do a lot to help this people, who are Americans, and don't hate the US.

424048[/snapback]

You're right, and what about Iraq We've spent almost 300 BILLION on defeating Saddam. As a matter of fact the Louisiana National Guard is still over there with all of their amphibious equipment, protecting them and "rebuilding" their country.

You're right, and what about Iraq We've spent almost 300 BILLION on defeating Saddam. As a matter of fact the Louisiana National Guard is still over there with all of their amphibious equipment, protecting them and "rebuilding" their country.

428623[/snapback]

I didn't know that... Wow... Is this really the truth?

The La Nat Guard is mainly in Iraq?

Again we are refilling the swamps that SH drained on the Marsh Arabs (Southern Iraq) while OUR OWN people are becoming Marsh People.

I guess this gov't is good at filling people's lives with water.

Advice: If you can't swim... LEARN TODAY!

:huh:<_<

OK OK - don't piss me off here. Don't B word about Indonedia or anything else for that matter...

THOUSANDS died in Indonesia. They DESERVED AND NEEDED American aid.

When 9/11 happened the WORLD was horrified and offered it's support - the UK even went to WAR for the US over that stuff.

Your moaning makes you sound like spoiled babies. Your nation is a SUPERPOWER - the ONLY one in the world.

Ya made yer bed, now lie in it.

424070[/snapback]

Relax Nick. I am thinking that nobody here includes England wrt countries which are not true friends of the United States, at least nobody with a brain.

My daughter took a government class in an Ivy League school. The professor stated that no two countries in the history of the world have had a better relatioship than the UK and the USA, and that it is virtually impossible for 2 countries to be as close.

I don't know of any American who does not respect the UK.

As for Indonesia, whatever.

I didn't know that... Wow... Is this really the truth?

The La Nat Guard is mainly in Iraq?

Again we are refilling the swamps that SH drained on the Marsh Arabs (Southern Iraq) while OUR OWN people are becoming Marsh People.

I guess this gov't is good at filling people's lives with water.

Advice:  If you can't swim... LEARN TODAY!

:huh:  <_<

429236[/snapback]

Can I interest you in some gaily colored floatation devices? The one with the horsie head and the polka dots is really big this season.

Man- so many people in this thread look disgustingly ugly. This thread may go down as one of the sickest threads in the history of TBD. Really. Really. Poor taste and atrocious.

It's amazing how many countries have reached out to us, even some of the poorest. It's touching.

427309[/snapback]

Are you going to be OK?

Can I interest you in some gaily colored floatation devices? The one with the horsie head and the polka dots is really big this season.

429244[/snapback]

As long as they are Type I, USCG apporved... guaranteed to turn my head out of the water when I am knocked out.

"Although emergency prepardness and response is primarily a state and local responsibility, IN INSTANCES WHEN THE NATURE OF THE DISASTER EXCEEDS THE CAPABILITIES OF STATE AND LOCAL INTERESTS, the Corps of Engineers stands ready to HELP SAVE HUMAN LIFE, PREVENT IMMEDIATE HUMAN SUFFERING, and mitigate property damage."

What part of IMMEDIATE don't you understand?

Can you get those PFD's to me within a day?

Again... Not to sound like a smart-azz... The Federal Response Plan (FDP) had people spread too thin.

So... If the USACE is responsible for:

Ice

Water

Emergency power

Debris removal

Temporary housing

Emergency access

Temporary roofing

and Structural saftey asseeement

Who fixes the failed levees?

:huh:<_<

We do all that relief efforts around the world.

Let it be know if you hear of any nation helping out our homeless after this disaster.

423996[/snapback]

Sorry, forgive me if this has already been posted (I couldn't get through the 12 pages of racist and mostly ignorant posts responding to yours), but a number of countries have offered the US financial and medical assistance, including"

England (Blair addressed the situtation before our own president did), Italy, FRANCE, Germany (with a scolding to Bush, for not recognizing that global warming is not just a theory, but a real problem)Canada, Iraq, Iran, Cuba and even Jamaica!

Is it the grand scale of help that the US offered after the tsunami? Likely not, but pretending that the US has a copyright on virtue is kind of silly.

Sorry, forgive me if this has already been posted (I couldn't get through the 12 pages of racist and mostly ignorant posts responding to yours), but a number of countries have offered the US financial and medical assistance, including"

England (Blair addressed the situtation before our own president did), Italy, FRANCE, Germany (with a scolding to Bush, for not recognizing that global warming is not just a theory, but a real problem)Canada, Iraq, Iran, Cuba and even Jamaica!

Is it the grand scale of help that the US offered after the tsunami?  Likely not, but pretending that the US has a copyright on virtue is kind of silly.

429933[/snapback]

Isn't it ironic that Fidel beat our own President to the punch with much more substance, 1,100 Doctors vs. "uh.....well. this is unacceptable.....uhh....9-11....

Am I being facitious? Of course I am but then again it's all a question of perception.

I wonder if you're even intelligent enough to get the irony of that statement.  <_<

430090[/snapback]

Nope I'm obviously not, "intelligent enough..." why don't you enlighten us all. Somehow I think that you're a one line wonder incapable of actually developing a coherent argument, but then again I have been wrong, and admit it, before. :w00t: