$BILLIONS lost in the south

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

94 countries is possibly a little short, since some members of organisations involved (eg: NATO / EU) will send and coordinate their aid via those organisations rather than doing so independently.

431645[/snapback]

True, but even so 94 countries does not equal the US being largely ignored by everyone...in itself it's a substantial list IMO.

True, but even so 94 countries does not equal the US being largely ignored by everyone...in itself it's a substantial list IMO.

431702[/snapback]

Yep, and there a lot of countries that have sod all with which to help, in real terms, whether or not there is any political will to do so from their leaders. I agree 94 countries/organisations is a pretty good number of states sending help.

Yep, and there a lot of countries that have sod all with which to help, in real terms, whether or not there is any political will to do so from their leaders. I agree 94 countries/organisations is a pretty good number of states sending help.

432709[/snapback]

I'm from the gulf coast of Mississippi, and right now the Mexican Governmnet has Marines in Biloxi, MS. Mexican Marines were also in D'Iberville, MS, which is North Biloxi. It makes me very happy to hear all of this. I live in D'Iberville, MS.

I'm from the gulf coast of Mississippi, and right now the Mexican Governmnet has Marines in Biloxi, MS. Mexican Marines were also in D'Iberville, MS, which is North Biloxi. It makes me very happy to hear all of this. I live in D'Iberville, MS.

439479[/snapback]

Last week, while I was at NORTHCOM they brought in people from USAID to help coordinate international relief efforts. As crazy as that place was sometimes, I doubt they would have spared the chairs if there wasn't a good reason.

And, you have my thoughts. FWIW. I sort of have a good idea about what things were and are like down there. I hope they are a little better, but it's going to take a long time and a lot of work. Not to mention people helping each other.

OK OK - don't piss me off here. Don't B word about Indonedia or anything else for that matter...

THOUSANDS died in Indonesia. They DESERVED AND NEEDED American aid.

When 9/11 happened the WORLD was horrified and offered it's support - the UK even went to WAR for the US over that stuff.

Your moaning makes you sound like spoiled babies. Your nation is a SUPERPOWER - the ONLY one in the world.

Ya made yer bed, now lie in it.

424070[/snapback]

We made our bed.....ok, so did they.

439479[/snapback]

I saw Bush on C-SPAN yesterday thanking the Mexican workers in Spanish.

OK OK - don't piss me off here. Don't B word about Indonedia or anything else for that matter...

THOUSANDS died in Indonesia. They DESERVED AND NEEDED American aid.

When 9/11 happened the WORLD was horrified and offered it's support - the UK even went to WAR for the US over that stuff.

Your moaning makes you sound like spoiled babies. Your nation is a SUPERPOWER - the ONLY one in the world.

Ya made yer bed, now lie in it.

424070[/snapback]

Deserved? Why the hell would Indonesia "deserve" American aid?