$BILLIONS lost in the south

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too.

Tell me: who should they shoot? People with guns, "suspicious" people with guns, or Arab-looking suspicious (redundant I know) people with guns.

425608[/snapback]

Not Arab-looking, Muslim-looking.

Me too.

Tell me: who should they shoot? People with guns, "suspicious" people with guns, or Arab-looking suspicious (redundant I know) people with guns.

425608[/snapback]

How about starting with the ones shooting at the helicopters?

Were you born an **** or is it a learned trait?

I just wondered why JSP isn't jumping up and down and crying about getting money back from Israel? $2.2bn per year sent to the Israelis - but what we don't need that back because the US is friendly with Jews? Oh but those Islamic Malasians can go fugg themselves?? <_<

Stupid stupid hipocrisy.

I just wondered why JSP isn't jumping up and down and crying about getting money back from Israel? $2.2bn per year sent to the Israelis - but what we don't need that back because the US is friendly with Jews? Oh but those Islamic Malasians can go fugg themselves?? <_<

Stupid stupid hipocrisy.

426470[/snapback]

I'd rather get the 2 billion a year back from Eygpt, or maybe the $30 million that has given to the Palestines so HAMAS could make those nice "Today Gaza, Tommorrow the rest of Israeli" shirts....

Here's a list (scroll down) from yesterday's State Press Briefing. Sean McCormack, Spokesman, speaking:

I can run through a list, thus far. It's a list that's being constantly updated and growing really by the hour. We've received general offers of assistance, as well as some more specific offers of assistance from a number of different countries and organizations and includes: Russia, Japan, Canada, France, Honduras, Germany, Venezuela, the Organization of American States, Jamaica, NATO, Australia, the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, Hungary, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Mexico, China, South Korea, Israel and the United Arab Emirates. I'll try to keep you updated as best we can on those lists. Like I said, it's growing literally by the hour.

Also, I wanted to update you on a few messages of sympathy and condolences have been coming in. These have been streaming in. I don't have a complete list of those right now, but it's been very heartening and very gratifying to receive these messages coming in as people around the globe see the tragic situation and the suffering of the people of the areas affected by this hurricane and the aftermath.

Also reports of support from Sri Lanka and Singapore, with Thailand and Indonesia offering condolences and still figuring out in what way they want to support, according to The Sun (and corroborated by what I had heard on the radio this morning...).

Wow, look at the islamic countries on that list!

424294[/snapback]

Updated list per FOXNEWS:

By Friday, offers had been received from Russia, Japan, Canada, France, Honduras, Germany, Venezuela, Jamaica, Australia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, Hungary, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Mexico, China, South Korea, Israel, the United Arab Emirates, New Zealand, Guatemala, Paraguay, Belgium, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Italy, Guyana, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Austria, Lithuania, Spain, Dominica, Norway, Cuba and Bahamas.

:blink:

I'd rather get the 2 billion a year back from Eygpt, or maybe the $30 million that has given to the Palestines so HAMAS could make those nice "Today Gaza, Tommorrow the rest of Israeli" shirts....

426475[/snapback]

Personally I'd rather have the 200 billion back that Bush put into Iraq.

Also reports of support from Sri Lanka and Singapore, with Thailand and Indonesia offering condolences and still figuring out in what way they want to support, according to The Sun (and corroborated by what I had heard on the radio this morning...).

426985[/snapback]

God damned Thais and Indonesians...don't they know that it doesn't take ANY time to figure out a response? Why aren't their planes in the air above New Orleans RIGHT NOW dropping water on people's heads? :doh:

:P

Updated list per FOXNEWS:

By Friday, offers had been received from Russia, Japan, Canada, France, Honduras, Germany, Venezuela, Jamaica, Australia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, Hungary, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Mexico, China, South Korea, Israel, the United Arab Emirates, New Zealand, Guatemala, Paraguay, Belgium, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Italy, Guyana, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Austria, Lithuania, Spain, Dominica, Norway, Cuba and Bahamas.

:P

427058[/snapback]

Sweet! Now to complete the irony, we need to go the U.N. and B word about how stingy everyone is.

Man- so many people in this thread look disgustingly ugly. This thread may go down as one of the sickest threads in the history of TBD. Really. Really. Poor taste and atrocious.

It's amazing how many countries have reached out to us, even some of the poorest. It's touching.

No offense, but if one of Donald Trump's home's burned down, how much $$$ would you (or other TSW-ers) be sending him to rebuild?

The U.S. is the richest nation in the world (GDP Per Capita).  Even though we give billions in foreign aid to other countries, I'm not sure we need anything from them in return.

The Gross State Product (value of all goods and services produced) of Lousiana and Mississippi represents 2% of the U.S. total.  As bad a things are with the loss of life and property damage, this is something the U.S. can afford to handle.

424263[/snapback]

Possibly the sanest comment here.

Excuse me, but I don't hear anyone bitching about the UK. We all love the UK here, and for good reason.

What some of us object to is giving aid to nations (aid that comes out of the taxpayers wallet) to nations that openly support anti-Americanism such as Indonesia. And this is the opportunity to point out the hypocrisy and greed of nations such as Indonesia.

424081[/snapback]

Frankly I agree. And in this case it sickens me that we have to give money to a bunch of southerners who would otherwise be spending their time blasting the US government generally and northeasterners in particular. I say screw 'em - bunch of gun-toting militiamen wannabes.