Attended Bills Practice At The Ralph Today

Mark VI

awesome report. thanks!

i've said it before, and i'll say it again -- the most underrated offseason move in the NFL was the bills' acquisition of holcomb. not because it creates a controversy, but because it gives us a backup plan (literally) if JP is hurt or struggles mightily.

Of all the good that came from the off-season group EMoulds has worked with over the years, the worst thing has been the one handed catch drill. It's primary value is in circumstances when a defender holds an arm out of the play, but a few players, none moreso than Eric, use one hand on some catches even when both of his hands are free. It drives me nuts to see that drill get bastardized by players and even worse when ESPN and the other highlight shows play unnecessary one-handers over and over like it's some kind of achievement instead of the LAM catch it really exemplifies.

423137[/snapback]

Ever since my son saw that one-hander in the snow bowl, he's been practicing one-handed catching. He was 4 at the time (my son, not Moulds...).

Great stuff Mark, thanks.

Your report on TD made me recall about three years ago when I had an opportunity to speak with him one-on-one at training camp. He was all public relations but his piercing blue eyes look right through you. Though our conversation was brief, he made quite an impression on me.

His wife and longtime friend and producer, Dick Dobmeir, were with him.

423090[/snapback]

:doh:

This one still has me puzzled. Van? We hardly knew ye.

Welcome back, ya big lug. I guess that explains where ya been. No excuse, you understand, but nice to hear.

Ever since my son saw that one-hander in the snow bowl, he's been practicing one-handed catching.  He was 4 at the time (my son, not Moulds...).

423479[/snapback]

And the prosection rests.

The whole thing IIRC came from the Roger Craig workout buddies that Rice joined up later and the thing grew. The thing about the one-hander is Rice is a master of it and you'll NEVER see film of him leaving a hand trailing.

And the prosection rests.

The whole thing IIRC came from the Roger Craig workout buddies that Rice joined up later and the thing grew. The thing about the one-hander is Rice is a master of it and you'll NEVER see film of him leaving a hand trailing.

423584[/snapback]

At least that one-hander was justified, and an amazing display of concentration and hand-eye coordination (or just really !@#$in lucky)

That's a wrap. My new adopted daughter is babbling something in Russian and pointing towards our swings out back. Time to play Daddy. :doh:

423090[/snapback]

Glad you are back Mark. Thanks for the insight, but more importantly, congratulations on the family addition! Ask her how to say "Go Bills" in Russian...the Bills need to expand their international profile! :D