The Official Katrina Aftermath Thread

PTS

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they did it in spongebob when the alaska bull worm threatened Bikini Bottom, all the town folk moved the city, unbeknownst to Sandy and Spongebob who were busy wrangling the critter over the same cliff that overlooked the valley where they moved bikini bottom, needless to say it was not a pretty sight

422616[/snapback]

there is a time and a place for everything.

this is probably not that time. :lol:

Jesus Christ are they affiliated with the Star or Weekly World Reprt?

422673[/snapback]

Like I said, they make it up as they go along...if it turns out true, fine, they get the scoop. If not...change the headline, no one will remember after a few days. Total joke of a news organization; anyone who uses FoxSnooze as a primary source for any news should have their head examined.

Like I said, they make it up as they go along...if it turns out true, fine, they get the scoop.  If not...change the headline, no one will remember after a few days.  Total joke of a news organization; anyone who uses FoxSnooze as a primary source for any news should have their head examined.

422676[/snapback]

But they sure emply some primo babes to tell us the lies. :lol:

What channel on DTV is that?  I never watch, but if they have cute women, I might start. 

Weather channel is good for that.

422685[/snapback]

360 I think Bridgette Quinn is on right now. She is a 7 on a "How many beers scale" would it take you. :lol:

The 1 inch per 5 minutes has been revised to 1 inch per hour. The levees are intact, there is a predicted overflow as the saturated soil north of the area discharges and flows south.  This will likely continue as the wash from the Tennessee and Ohio river valleys work their way to the gulf.

I have concerns for the folks in the mountainous areas of TN, KY and WVA - the mountains absorb a lot of moisture, but reaching the saturation point, they rapidly discharge.

The young son of a good friend of mine in western PA was killed that way. A few days of heavy rain, then a light sprinkling. He and others were playing by a local, small creek, the hills discharged and he was swept into a culvert under a road in the blink of an eye...

422606[/snapback]

sorry about your friend.

you are right about the overflow of water over saturated soils.

mountain soils are usually think and can take alot of water. but once its completly saturated, the remaining water has to flow overland. this overland flow is MUCH MUCH faster moving than groundwater. it may take years for groundwater to flow just a few 100 feet. and we can meaure overland flow (ie streems or just waterflow over roads or whatever) in miles per hour.

gimme a break, where is the uproar for all the people wondering if they are going to be able to go to the game in october????? christ, the football game is that important????? Welcome to the united states of the offended!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: lets worry about gas prices and football games affected by this storm, but ****, i mention a cartoon(you all do realize cartoons are not reality...right?) in response to someone mentioning moving a city, and people get pissed??????

there is a time and a place for everything.

this is probably not that time.  ;)

422675[/snapback]

gimme a break, where is the uproar for all the people wondering if they are going to be able to go to the game in october?????  christ, the football game is that important?????  Welcome to the united states of the offended!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol: lets worry about gas prices and football games affected by this storm, but ****, i mention a cartoon(you all do realize cartoons are not reality...right?), and people get pissed??????

422713[/snapback]

this didn't seem like uproar, but rather disappointment in your choice of when to insert humor.

Opinions entitled to are we.

And now FoxSnooze has retracted their "MARTIAL LAW IS DECLARED!!!" headline.  What a friggin' surprise.   :lol:

422670[/snapback]

Eat This Monkey.

Article #1

Still can't get over the 2000 election when Fox flipped Florida to Bush, huh?

The answer is DO NOT SINGLE SOURCE FOR NEWS. Unfortunately, Fox, nor CNN, the Buff News or whomever cannot be trusted to deliver accurate news as a sole source.

Almost invariably things are not developing so quickly that one must act on this single source and if one wants accuracy you need to cruise the dial and wait for confirmation.

The business drive to want to be first makes an outlet like CNN unbelievable as a sole source outlet. Add into that any skewing of the news to fit a particular ideological perspective and a single source should doubly not be taken as correct if their is an ideological benefit to the way they reported.

gimme a break, where is the uproar for all the people wondering if they are going to be able to go to the game in october?????  christ, the football game is that important?????  Welcome to the united states of the offended!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol: lets worry about gas prices and football games affected by this storm, but ****, i mention a cartoon(you all do realize cartoons are not reality...right?) in response to someone mentioning moving a city, and people get pissed??????

422713[/snapback]

The only one who appears to be pissed is you...