Duff's vs Anchor Bar?

thebug

I am a huge fan of the Anchor Bar and make it there 4 or 5 times a year when I am in town for Bills games.....was just wondering if Duff's is as busy as the Anchor Bar on the Saturday before game day....and of course are the wings as hot(suicide).....any info would be great thanks

Go Bills Go

I am a huge fan of the Anchor Bar and make it there 4 or 5 times a year when I am in town for Bills games.....was just wondering if Duff's is as busy as the Anchor Bar on the Saturday before game day....and of course are the wings as hot(suicide).....any info would be great thanks

Go Bills Go

422193[/snapback]

I would say Duff's are better than the Anchor Bar, but La Nova, on the right night, is better than either....again, it has to be a good night!

Go Bills Go

422193[/snapback]

not that you asked this, but as a person who grew up going to duff's, i have to say that it's very overrated. i know this is just one person's opinion and that reasonable people can agree to disagree, but to me they have two crushing flaws -- the soggy wing and the overly hot sauce. their wings are almost always soggy from too much sauce, and their medium and hot wings are so hot that no other flavor is evident. anchor bar is better, but even in my present neck of the woods -- brooklyn -- there is a place that's significantly better than duff's (bonnie's). of course, the two guys who own are from kenmore ...

not that you asked this, but as a person who grew up going to duff's, i have to say that it's very overrated. i know this is just one person's opinion and that reasonable people can agree to disagree, but to me they have two crushing flaws -- the soggy wing and the overly hot sauce. their wings are almost always soggy from too much sauce, and their medium and hot wings are so hot that no other flavor is evident. anchor bar is better, but even in my present neck of the woods -- brooklyn -- there is a place that's significantly better than duff's (bonnie's). of course, the two guys who own are from kenmore ...

422246[/snapback]

I agree completely. Duff's is way overrated. I'd take Anchor Bar's wings and atmosphere any day. Duff's serves chicken wing soup in giant greasy buckets, and the wings are nothing that special. Those live band nights at Anchor Bar are amazing- a giant plate of wings, a couple pitchers-- that's an experience.

First off, I as a lifer in this wing-infested town, I've had my fair share. But I went to the Anchor Bar for the first time last month when a friend came home to visit and had to go to Duffs. But we had a screaming two year old and the wait this Saturday night was about an hour. So we went to Anchor Bar for the most overrated, dry, sauceless wings I'll ever had. Terrible. All four of us walked out of this tourist trap vowing to never return.

Duffs, IMO, can't be beat. If you're getting soggy wings, learn how to order. Call this concept crazy, but you can order them any way you want. Get then crispy, like I do. Order them with extra or light sauce.

Nice order of fries with a side of gravy and you have a Buffalo-heart-attack ready to roll.

Duff's is great. Exactly - I always ask for my wings extra crispy. And at Duff's i get medium so they dont come in a bowl of soup - then get hot sauce on the side. The cheeseburgers, and fries and gravy are amazing too.

Hold on, i need to use my ice cream scooper to clear out my arteries.

ahhhh, how i miss the buff.

422246[/snapback]

I have to agree with you on Bonnie's...one of the owners is my best friend...heading up to Buffalo for his wedding in a few weeks. They have great food!

422246[/snapback]

The Anchor Bar rules !

If ever in Jamestown, you gotta try either the Cherry Lounge or the Bel-View for wings. Both are very, very, good. Flavorful, but not soggy. And the Bel-View's wings are HUGE!! I agree that Duff's wings are WAY too saucy, but I feel that if anywhere is "over-hyped" it's the Anchor. I know, first wings and all, but I just wasn't impressed...

422246[/snapback]

In their defense, Duff's states that medium is hot, medium hot is very hot, and hot is very very hot...they warn you :lol:

Also, if you have gotten soggy wings(i have never) make sure you order them crispy, and voila, you'll get a nice hot plate of crispy wings.

Duff's is by FAR the best wings in Buffalo

In their defense, Duff's states that medium is hot, medium hot is very hot, and hot is very very hot...they warn you :lol:

Also, if you have gotten soggy wings(i have never) make sure you order them crispy, and voila, you'll get a nice hot plate of crispy wings.

Duff's is by FAR the best wings in Buffalo

422482[/snapback]

I couldnt agree more. Duffs in OP now has a patio bar too. Tiki torches lit up at night. Plus there is a tv outside for the ballgames. I order medium and extra crispy and they are aweseome. Anchor Bar to me is where a tourist would go. They sell tshirts and bottles of wing sauce. Plus they are very pricey. They are very big wings however but as far as taste- Duffs is where you should go.

Forget about Anchor Bar, Duff's...La Nova....seriously!

It's all about the Bar Bill in East Aurora for wings. I'm not kidding here. The best wings hands down out of anywhere in the Buffalo Area. Not only is it one of the most unique bars in the WNY area, but the owners are the coolest people in the world and treat their employees like gold. (closing down the bar for a week every year and taking everyone on a cruise)

Tuesdays are buy one single order get one free...but it's very busy.

Try the sicilian wings, or the cajun....sooooooo good. Also, the super hot wings are so good, and very hot, but very tasty at the same time. When I had my first, I brought it up to my mouth, and my eyes and nose started watering :rolleyes:

Seriously dudes, check this place you, you will not be dissapointed.

Steve

p.s. the beef on wheck there is amazing too!

Forget about Anchor Bar, Duff's...La Nova....seriously!

It's all about the Bar Bill in East Aurora for wings. I'm not kidding here. The best wings hands down out of anywhere in the Buffalo

Try the sicilian wings, or the cajun....sooooooo good. Also, the super hot wings are so good, and very hot, but very tasty at the same time. When I had my first, I brought it up to my mouth, and my eyes and nose started watering :rolleyes:

Seriously dudes, check this place you, you will not be dissapointed.

Steve

p.s. the beef on wheck there is amazing too!

422865[/snapback]

Bar Bill in EA are by far the best I have ever had. Never had anything even close when comparing size AND taste, and that includes Duff's and Anchor.

Definitely worth the trip- only about 10 mins from the Ralph.

I've got to go with LaNova's guys. They are absolutely tremendous....

My mom is a huge fan of Anchor Bar...but growing up that was all they really had...i would have to say hands down LaNovas are just about as close to perfect a wing as there is. You can actually order them online and have them fed-exed to you overnight. I would not recommend doing that though, because they are not the same as when you get them at the restaurant. I was thoroughly disappointed when I got them. They don't look OR taste remotely close...

Go LaNovas!!!