Falcons cut Peerless Price

Looks like the Bills really lucked out in this deal.

I can see the Eagles over-paying for him.

Although if the price were right, I'd welcome him back.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/

UPDATE 8/30

Falcons cut Price

Wide receiver was entering third year of $37.5M deal

By CHRIS VIVLAMORE

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 08/30/05

The Falcons and Peerless Price are through.

The team cut Price Tuesday on a day when NFL rosters had to be trimmed to 65. The wide receiver, who never lived up to expectations, was entering the third year of a $37.5 million contract with the team. Price lost his starting job at the start of training camp. He suffered a concussion two weeks ago in an exhibition loss to Tennessee and just returned to practice Monday.

In two years with the Falcons, he had 109 catches for 1,413 yards and six touchdowns.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Price is going right to Philly...he'll thrive there too.

422084[/snapback]

Yep. They have all the other pieces, if it happens. He'd have to clear waivers past 3 other teams and then NE. If you pick a player off of waivers, you own up to his current contract with the club that released him.

Unless they are willing to pay him his contract $$$.

Price is going right to Philly...he'll thrive there too.

422084[/snapback]

You'd think that Atlanta would almost hang on to him, if they absolutely couldn't trade him for a bag of tape, just to keep him away from their conference rivals that knocked them out of the playoffs last year.

You'd think that Atlanta would almost hang on to him, if they absolutely couldn't trade him for a bag of tape, just to keep him away from their conference rivals that knocked them out of the playoffs last year.

422097[/snapback]

I think they know his eyes are worse than he wants to let on.

Yep. They have all the other pieces, if it happens. He'd have to clear waivers past 3 other teams and then NE. If you pick a player off of waivers, you own up to his current contract with the club that released him.

Unless they are willing to pay him his contract $$$.

422087[/snapback]

I don't think you can pick up a vet off waivers.

I actually gained respect for Peerless during this preseason. I was watching some show on the nfl network and they talked about how his work habits changed. After a couple disappointing seasons he realized he needed to put in more time and effort. That combined with the fact the Falcons now have Michael Jenkins #1. Then he got injured this camp and now he's cut.

I agree it wont take long for him to get picked up by another team. He is a perfect #2. We know that here from when he played alongside Moulds. He is not a #1- they know that in Atlanta now.

I actually gained respect for Peerless during this preseason. I was watching some show on the nfl network and they talked about how his work habits changed. After a couple disappointing seasons he realized he needed to put in more time and effort. That combined with the fact the Falcons now have Michael Jenkins #1. Then he got injured this camp and now he's cut.

I agree it wont take long for him to get picked up by another team. He is a perfect #2. We know that here from when he played alongside Moulds. He is not a #1- they know that in Atlanta now.

422111[/snapback]

How can you respect a guy when it took him two seasons to realize he actually had to put some effort into his job?

Just remember what made the Price trade doable-Getting Drew Bledsoe. AVP or some other bum throwing to him would have made Price an unrestricted free agent who would have walked, with nothing in return. Also remember something else-Price only plays well with certain QBs. He hated RJ, couldn't get RJs passes, yet for Flutie & Bledsoe he could play at a high level. Looks like he & Vick are a bad fit.

So basically the Drew trade didn't cost us anything on our roster, it did however strengthen NE.