Another beautiful quote from Martz...

LabattBlue

Curtis showed some flashes of brilliance toward the end of last season...

he had 6-99 in the season finale, and then in their 2 playoff games, went 4-107 and 7-128-1. Is he in the same league as holt and bruce, no, but hes got some real potential. And with bruce slowing down, he'll have his opportunities. I think he's still about a year away, but it wouldnt surprise me to see him break out this year for something like 50-700-5

Curtis showed some flashes of brilliance toward the end of last season...

he had 6-99 in the season finale, and then in their 2 playoff games, went 4-107 and 7-128-1. Is he in the same league as holt and bruce, no, but hes got some real potential. And with bruce slowing down, he'll have his opportunities. I think he's still about a year away, but it wouldnt surprise me to see him break out this year for something like 50-700-5

419136[/snapback]

Thanks for the playoff game numbers. Considering a Martz team will always be pass happy, the future does look bright for Curtis.

Thanks for the playoff game numbers.  Considering a Martz team will always be pass happy, the future does look bright for Curtis.

419207[/snapback]

not that this is relevant -- but curtis is called a major sleeper on most fantasy league tip sheets.

Why not, I hear on ones teams message board that their 2nd year QB, 1st year starter is lightyears better then the vet the team got rid of who had been to 4 pro bowls and 2 super bowls.

418766[/snapback]

Actually, what most have people said isn't, "JP is better than DB", what they've said is, "He can't be any worse."

There's a big difference.

Actually, what most have people said isn't, "JP is better than DB", what they've said is, "He can't be any worse."

There's a big difference.

419238[/snapback]

Well that means he is either as good or better, right here and right now.

Well that means he is either as good or better, right here and right now.

419244[/snapback]

Not really, in a literal since it does, but you have to really read what they're saying, "anybody but Drew" is what it comes down to. And I don't blame them, Drew was horrid.

Not really, in a litteral since it does, but you have to really read what they're saying, "anybody but Drew" is what it comes down to.  And I don't blame them, Drew was horrid.

419246[/snapback]

All I am saying is it really could be worse.

or Drew Henson

419283[/snapback]

Considering our passing game AND Drew's QB rating were ranked among the 5 worst in the NFL last year, I think most reasonable people expect JP's floor is no worse than where Bledsoe is currently at - while his ceiling is considerably higher.

JP may lose a couple games this year but he'll also win a couple - I'm willing to live with that. Plus Clements and Malarkey have a QB who can actually execute a larger playbook - and compensate for OL deficiencies with his mobility.

As much as I hate to say this, not making the playoffs last year may have been the best thing for the future of this franchise.

As much as I hate to say this, not making the playoffs last year may have been the best thing for the future of this franchise.

419315[/snapback]

i've made this point as well, lothar. never for a second was i pulling against us in that pittsburgh game -- in fact, i was livid for days -- but the aftermath has brought a renewed sense of optimism about where the team is headed.

i don't think i could have prepared myself for another season of bledsoe quarterbacking.

Problem is, you do nothing else.  Show me where you have contributed any brilliance here, beyond saying Losman is great?

418980[/snapback]

LOL :devil: dude, if "brilliance" is your standard what the hell are you doing hanging out around here?

for crissake, if i can read two consecutive bills-related posts that don't contain the words "fag" or "moron" i consider it a success.

i don't need to prove my worth on this board to you. and i certainly have the right to challenge your nonsensical blabberings.

if you don't like being challenged, then you have a couple of choices -- stop posting, or start making more sense.

LOL  :devil:  dude, if "brilliance" is your standard what the hell are you doing hanging out around here?

for crissake, if i can read two consecutive bills-related posts that don't contain the words "fag" or "moron" i consider it a success.

i don't need to prove my worth on this board to you.  and i certainly have the right to challenge your nonsensical blabberings.

if you don't like being challenged, then you have a couple of choices -- stop posting, or start making more sense.

419499[/snapback]

I guess I'll start when you do. Of course no worries here, that should be a long time. Well after t-dick goes away for good.