Which newspaper offers the best Bills coverage?

Which newspaper offers the best Bills coverage?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which newspaper offers the best Bills coverage?

• Buffalo News
    • Rochester D&C
    • Other-specify below

Difficult call, since I don't see enough of the print version of the D+C. I'll abstain for that reason, although I'd have to say due to sheer numbers the News gives the most complete coverage ....

(Gaughan and Wilson on the regular beat, Sullivan and DiCesare providing commentary, McKissic chipping in from time to time)

But as for the best? Maybe I'm biased, because his point of view seems to agree with mine more often than not. But column for column, I'd still rather hear from Chuck Pollock than from anyone else on the beat...

Difficult call, since I don't see enough of the print version of the D+C. I'll abstain for that reason, although I'd have to say due to sheer numbers the News gives the most complete coverage ....

(Gaughan and Wilson on the regular beat, Sullivan and DiCesare providing commentary, McKissic chipping in from time to time)

But as for the best? Maybe I'm biased, because his point of view seems to agree with mine more often than not. But column for column, I'd still rather hear from Chuck Pollock than from anyone else on the beat...

416652[/snapback]

I like Pollocks stuff, too. I believe he played high school football at Lewiston Porter in the early mid 70's and was recruited to play some low level college ball. I am not sure if he did go on to play, but he clearly knows the game. Unlike the claim many on th board make for guys like Sullivan, Schoop, etc, Pollock was not a "wanna-be", "last guy picked in gym class" kind of guy.

Having lived in Roch for several years a long time ago I am going to say that the best coverage is with the Demagogue and Comical. Best coverage newspaper requires that the discarded bird seed be easy to wrap as well as having the ability to soak up even the juiciest of craps. My parrot has never been the same since I left WNY.

The Buffalo News should be embarressed that a Rochester paper covers the Bills better.

PTR

416599[/snapback]

You're right, how humiliating, but it's not Felser's fault that he got old.

And I agree with others, Pollock is the best of all.

I like Pollocks stuff, too.  I believe he played high school football at Lewiston Porter in the early mid 70's and was recruited to play some low level college ball. I am not sure if he did go on to play, but he clearly knows the game. Unlike the claim many on th board make for guys like Sullivan, Schopp, etc, Pollock was not a "wanna-be", "last guy picked in gym class" kind of guy.

416668[/snapback]

IIRC, he's been at the OTH since at least '73 or '74, and at a local radio station for a time before that. Didn't know until he told me - he majored in broadcasting, not print journalism. Never would have guessed.

I'd love to see him write a book someday about his time covering the Bills, because he's got some GREAT stories to tell...

You're right, how humiliating, but it's not Felser's fault that he got old.

And I agree with others, Pollock is the best of all.

416824[/snapback]

Maybe the poll should have been for best Bills writer. That's why I did not include the Olean paper. Usually all we see is Pollock's column...no actual team coverage. I also didn't want to list every paper from Toronto to Syracuse. The poll would be to big.

I really just wanted to see who folks perceived to be better between the big 2 papers. So far it's 50/50.

PTR

I think the D&C wins by a decent margin. How many times have you seen a national story about the Bills quoting a D&C article? It happens all the time, but I rarely see the BuffSnooze getting quoted.

This should motivate the Buff rag to do more.

I think the Buffalo News does a good job. I don't get to see the D&C much.

I still don't think the News has recovered from the loss of Felser, Kelly and Carucci several years ago. That was a lot of experience that either retired or walked away from the News. The guys that replaced them are okay, but nowhere near the same caliber.