Evans better than Moulds?

inkman

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think Moulds is the top dog but that could change this year.

416354[/snapback]

I don't know about "better". I'd say Evans is "faster" and possibly "more talented", but Moulds is tougher, "craftier" and blocks much better. Evans is definately on his way, though, I would say that Evans is farther ahead than Moulds was at this point in his career.

Are wide receivers "crafty"? I don't know. Pitchers are "crafty". Valenzuela, he was the definition of "crafty".

I think Evans is getting closer to overtaking Moulds each day. But the experience Moulds has in the league puts him well ahead of Evans in current value to the team. There is no doubt that Evans is faster. There is no doubt that Moulds is more physical. But Moulds is a leader and can be a clutch guy.

I think it is very important to note that Moulds is among the best blocking wide receivers in the league while Evans has shown that to be an area he really needs to work on.

Overall, I think Evans (barring any set backs this season) could be the #1 next year. But I think the Bills really need to keep Moulds around next year. And as long as Moulds in on the roster, he is the #1.

This sounds eerily similiar to the question that was asked after Peerless Price had a great season. While I like Evans and the progress he is making as a WR.......LETS GET REAL....

The reason why Evans is able to be in the position he is to make the plays that he does is BECAUSE OF MOULDS......

Moulds is the definition of a #1 receiver. He is CONSTANTLY double-teamed and still makes plays. I dont kow if Evans can face that kind of pressure and still make plays. He is a gifted receiver, but iit amazes me how quickly people overlook the contribution that Moulds being on the other side has on Evans.

Peerless Price is a bust as a #1 receiver.....I dont know if Evans will be or not, but as long as Moulds is around he will enjoy single coverage and hopefully will continue to make plays......

yes. evans has a grace that moulds doesn't have. His rookie production is an indicator of things to come. and as much as i like eric, when was the last time you saw him dive to make a tough catch? exactly. I don't think he fights for it enough, and he needs to have a big year to justify his salary next year imo. next year lee will be the undisputed #1 WR, and it might happen earlier.

and as much as i like eric, when was the last time you saw him dive to make a tough catch? exactly. I don't think he fights for it enough, and he needs to have a big year to justify his salary next year imo.

416460[/snapback]

Justify his salary? What did he do last year?

2004: Returned to his elite form in 2004, after being hampered by a groin injury for most of 2003…led the Bills with 88 receptions for 1,043 yards with five touchdowns…his 88 receptions rank fifth on the club's all-time list for receptions in a season, and he tied Andre Reed's team record with four 1,000-yard receiving seasons…the wide receiver from Mississippi State caught a pass in every game of '04, improving his reception streak to 110 straight games which ranks first on the Bills all-time list and ranks fourth on the active list (Marvin Harrison, 139)…

Moulds #1 easy.

This sounds eerily similiar to the question that was asked after Peerless Price had a great season.  While I like Evans and the progress he is making as a WR.......LETS GET REAL....

The reason why Evans is able to be in the position he is to make the plays that he does is BECAUSE OF MOULDS......

Moulds is the definition of a #1 receiver.  He is CONSTANTLY double-teamed and still makes plays.  I dont kow if Evans can face that kind of pressure and still make plays.  He is a gifted receiver, but iit amazes me how quickly people overlook the contribution that Moulds being on the other side has on Evans.

Peerless Price is a bust as a #1 receiver.....I dont know if Evans will be or not, but as long as Moulds is around he will enjoy single coverage and hopefully will continue to make plays......

416404[/snapback]

bingo. excellent post.

I thought this was a humor post but you are serious. With out a question Moulds is the man in Buffalo. I still think he's a top 6 wr in the game. While Lee Evans has shown he may be something really special, he still isn't the player Moulds is....

Yet.

T_R

I thought this was a humor post but you are serious.  With out a question Moulds is the man in Buffalo.  I still think he's a top 6 wr in the game.  While Lee Evans has shown he may be something really special, he still isn't the player Moulds is....

Yet. 

T_R

416555[/snapback]

I agree with you but it seems to me that their is a big wave of Evans bandwagoners.

my biggest problem with evans ever being a #1 reciever is his hieght. he's 5'10. what other recievers are 5'10? santana moss? would you want santana moss as your #1 reciever, i know i wouldnt.

i agree with any and all comparisons to peerless price. evans is good to have, but he needs another reciever to take the pressuse off of him.

my biggest problem with evans ever being a #1 reciever is his hieght. he's 5'10. what other recievers are 5'10? santana moss? would you want santana moss as your #1 reciever, i know i wouldnt.

i agree with any and all comparisons to peerless price. evans is good to have, but he needs another reciever to take the pressuse off of him.

Lee is 5'11" and 200#. He's certainly big enough to be a #1.