Anyone see Shaud Williams

He ran over from the bench, tracked down the football and handed it to Gates while congratulating him. That was a totally classy move considering these two are competing for a job. I loved to see it and hope we find a use for both of these backs, because they both seem to have something to offer.

He ran over from the bench, tracked down the football and handed it to Gates while congratulating him.  That was a totally classy move considering these two are competing for a job.  I loved to see it and hope we find a use for both of these backs, because they both seem to have something to offer.

414480[/snapback]

So in your estimation, or anyone else's, do you think Gates will take over the # 2 RB spot? I think the Bills are in love with his size and speed, one more game like that and he might get the nod.

He ran over from the bench, tracked down the football and handed it to Gates while congratulating him.  That was a totally classy move considering these two are competing for a job.  I loved to see it and hope we find a use for both of these backs, because they both seem to have something to offer.

414480[/snapback]

I saw that, that was classy, but I assure you that was the sign of a guy who already knows he is making this team. The battel is between Gates and Lee...not sure who is going to win this one.

So in your estimation, or anyone else's, do you think Gates will take over the # 2 RB spot?  I think the Bills are in love with his size and speed, one more game like that and he might get the nod.

414482[/snapback]

I think Shaud will be the 3rd down RB and Gates will come in when Willis needs a rest in other situations.

So in your estimation, or anyone else's, do you think Gates will take over the # 2 RB spot?  I think the Bills are in love with his size and speed, one more game like that and he might get the nod.

414482[/snapback]

Personally, I think the #2 still goes to Shaud Williams but we find ways to get Gates into the game every now and then. I believe Williams will continue to spell McGahee as long as he produces.

I saw that, that was classy, but I assure you that was the sign of a guy who already knows he is making this team.  The battel is between Gates and Lee...not sure who is going to win this one.

Yeah, I think that Williams and Gates have made the team, it's just the matter of who's #2 and who's #3? Personally I think Lee is fighting with Burns for the last RB (i.e. HB/FB) spot.

414480[/snapback]

Shaud has nothing to worry about--his place on this team is secure. Gates is starting to impress.

Yeah, I think that Williams and Gates have made the team, it's just the matter of who's #2 and who's #3?  Personally I think Lee is fighting with Burns for the last RB (i.e. HB/FB) spot.

414494[/snapback]

I see Williams making the team and Gates on the Practice Squad. My guess is that Lee makes it and Burns is released. April wil fight this though - he loves Burns on ST.

At WR - I think Wilson go PS but the question is Reed or Haddad? Does anyone think BOTH will make it?

At DE it is still too close to call (Gause or Ritzmann).

The thing about Williams that impresses me is that he was so involved in kick coverage. He's a pretty small guy, but he made at least two coverage tackles in the GB game.

I see Williams making the team and Gates on the Practice Squad. My guess is that Lee makes it and Burns is released. April wil fight this though - he loves Burns on ST.

At WR - I think Wilson go PS but the question is Reed or Haddad? Does anyone think BOTH will make it?

414510[/snapback]

How about Ritzmann getting two clean shots at the QB in a row on Saturday? It was like they forgot he was there.

414510[/snapback]

Question about the Practice Squad? Can we just put Gates on the Pratice Squad or do we have to expose him to the possibility of being picked up by another team first, and then if he clears waivers put him on the practice squad?

414510[/snapback]

The Bills kept five total RBs last year and I think they will do that again this year. If you cut Burns, there is virtually no back-up to Shelton unless you keep Goldsberry, too, and he hasn't shown that much that he is a better roster spot than Burns. I think that Goldsberry goes to the PS, and it's a roster battle between Lee and Gates to see who is #3.

No way does Gates get cut. He'll be scooped-up in an instant. It's either Lee or Burns.

I think the Bills keep 6 WR's, at least while Parrish is out. Moulds, Evans, and Parrish are obvious locks. That leaves 3 from Reed, Aiken, Smith, Haddad, and Wilson. I think Reed stays because of experience and blocking ability. I'm also thinking Wilson has shown enough to warrant keeping him around and developing him. That leaves the last spot for Aiken, Haddad, and Smith. Well Smith hasn't been used much as a WR OR a PR, so I think he goes. And Aiken hasn't done much of anything. So Haddad stays, and Wilson become Moulds' backup. Just MHO.

I'll say Ritzmann, with Gause possibly making the PS (that is, if someone doesn't claim him).

No way does Gates get cut.  He'll be scooped-up in an instant.  It's either Lee or Burns.

I think the Bills keep 6 WR's, at least while Parrish is out.  Moulds, Evans, and Parrish are obvious locks.  That leaves 3 from Reed, Aiken, Smith, Haddad, and Wilson.  I think Reed stays because of experience and blocking ability.  I'm also thinking Wilson has shown enough to warrant keeping him around and developing him.  That leaves the last spot for Aiken, Haddad, and Smith.  Well Smith hasn't been used much as a WR OR a PR, so I think he goes.  And Aiken hasn't done much of anything.  So Haddad stays, and Wilson become Moulds' backup.  Just MHO.

I'll say Ritzmann, with Gause possibly making the PS (that is, if someone doesn't claim him).

414525[/snapback]

I guess I just don't see the need to keep six WRs when there is basically little chance that even five are activated for a game, and very few plays that four are on the field at the same time. Not to mention being able to split Euhus out as a 5 wide. Wilson seems like PS material. Or even Tony Brown. I have liked what I have seen from Wilson but he hasn't been THAT great that he is actually going to see game time unless he is better than Reed and Aiken and Haddad and Smith, and I just don't think that is the case.

I do think, however, that I used to think that Fast Freddie was going to make this team because the coaches like his versatility. He still may, but what I have seen so far out of Parrish and Haddad makes me now think we really don't need the gadget guy because those players will play that role before him, and probably better (at least in Parrish's case, whom I expect back by the start of the season or close to it).

Clements will return punts until Parrish is ready and we have Haddad to back him up, too. Reed OR Aiken will be #4 and (I think) Haddad is #5. That leaves us with a wily vet (Moulds), a young stud in the making (Evans), a speed demon that throws fits in the defense (Parrish), a young veteran possession guy with some experience (Reed or Aiken) and a pretty reliable jack of all trades (Haddad).

I guess I just don't see the need to keep six WRs when there is basically little chance that even five are activated for a game, and very few plays that four are on the field at the same time. Not to mention being able to split Euhus out as a 5 wide. Wilson seems like PS material. Or even Tony Brown. I have liked what I have seen from Wilson but he hasn't been THAT great that he is actually going to see game time unless he is better than Reed and Aiken and Haddad and Smith, and I just don't think that is the case.

Well in the last game against Pgh last year, the Bills dressed 5 WR's. And since Parrish might not be able to play for a month or so, he'd be inactivated, bringing it to 5. That's why I see them keeping 6 at least until he returns.

414480[/snapback]

I saw that and thought the exact same thing. Thanks for pointing that out. It was a really classy move.

414482[/snapback]

No way, Shaud is the #2. That's why he barely played on Saturday. They wanted to see the guys fight for that 3rd spot.