What is a" Modified Pat Down" and does security

I see Claxons are no longer prohibited.

I suppose I should leave my fireworks, monopod, thermos of Whiskey, illegal substances, big stick and weapons at home tommorow night. They sure know how to ruin a good time.

Not surprisingly, this conflicts with the information found at http://www.buffalobills.com/facility/StadiumPolicies.jsp Could not find path to above link via the regular menu system.

Have always been able to bring in camera cases and I would be leary about bringing mine today w/o a case especially with the weather forcasted.

Tried to contact anyone (ticket office is SUPPOSED to be open) but of course no one answers, just recorded highlights from last year.

Does anyone know which link is correct and/or the number for the Bill's security office?

=====================

Update: Just got an answer at the ticket office (after a 35 minute wait on hold) and yes, the policy at Hammer's link is the new policy. Got typical deaf, dumb, and blind ticket attendent (only one there today) who had printed copy of new policy. Of course they had no number for security, just the security training center.

Not surprisingly, this conflicts with the information found at http://www.buffalobills.com/facility/StadiumPolicies.jsp  Could not find path to above link via the regular menu system. 

Have always been able to bring in camera cases and I would be leary about bringing mine today w/o a case especially with the weather forcasted.

Tried to contact anyone (ticket office is SUPPOSED to be open) but of course no one answers, just recorded highlights from last year.

Does anyone know which link is correct and/or the number for the Bill's security office?

=====================

Update:  Just got an answer at the ticket office (after a 35 minute wait on hold) and yes, the policy at Hammer's link is the new policy.  Got typical deaf, dumb, and blind ticket attendent (only one there today) who had printed copy of new policy.  Of course they had no number for security, just the security training center.

412927[/snapback]

Agreed. If they think that I'm going to bring my camera without a bag, they are crazy. I have always brought a camera bag and never had any problems. If they want to pay me the money to repair it, if i get it damaged from the rain...then I won't bring the bag. Also, last year I was able to bring my jacket, blanket and some other things and put them inside a clear plastic bag. I never had problems with that then either.

Agreed.  If they think that I'm going to bring my camera without a bag, they are crazy.  I have always brought a camera bag and never had any problems.  If they want to pay me the money to repair it, if i get it damaged from the rain...then I won't bring the bag.  Also, last year I was able to bring my jacket, blanket and some other things and put them inside a clear plastic bag.  I never had problems with that then either.

413009[/snapback]

Yeah, maybe just put it in a Ziploc bag; I don't think they'd make a stink about that. They are obviously concerned about any kind of bag or pouch that explosives, etc. could be put in and left somewhere. Just that much C4 will do serious damage.

Prohibited Items

- Alcoholic Beverages

- Animals (with the exception of guide dogs for the disabled)

- Backpacks

- Bags larger than 12-x12-x12-

- Binocular Cases

- Bottles

- Camera Cases

- Camera lenses longer than 6 inches

- Cans

- Coolers

- Ice Chests

- Duffel Bags

- Illegal Drugs & Substances

- Monopods

- Noisemakers

- Strollers

- Thermoses

- Tripods

- Tote Bags

- Umbrellas

- Video Cameras

- Weapons

- Aerosol Cans

- Balls

- Fireworks

- Head ware or clothing that may impede the view of fans

- Inflatable Devices (balloons, etc.)

- Laser lights

0:)

Well, what they have in print and what happens in reality are two different things. I had on my Bills poncho when I went in and the two security guards were talking to each other and never even looked at me as I walked through. I could have walked in with a big bottle of booze or whatever. I saw people that brought in cameras w/cases, clear bags with blankets, ponchos, binoculars. One woman behind me brought in bottled water. Nobody that I was with was asked to turn on their camera or cellphone. There were a few balls in the stadium (of the beach variety) and one guy in the scoreboard endzone was out on the hill smoking weed in the 3rd quarter and there were no security guards to be found. So much for the "improved" security measures.

I can take 30 minutes of video with my 10X optical zoom digital photo camera.

I wonder if you carry one of those clear vinyl backpacks (12x12x12) it will be considered a bag. :angry:

I will have a ziplok bag folded in my pocket in case I need a camera case.

AiO, leave the hat with buffalo horns at the tailgate. :P

Prohibited Items

- Backpacks

- Bags larger than 12-x12-x12-

- Camera Cases

- Head ware or clothing that may impede the view of fans

- Video Cameras

When we went to the Ravens game they had lines for men and lines for women for the pat down.  That's the only time It every happened to me.

413491[/snapback]

The security at that Ravens - Bills game was impressive. And it barely slowed anyone down. Out of all the stadiums I've been to, RWS is the worst in terms of security. And being so close to the Canadian border, I'm not sure I totally understand the lackthereof. I'm not against tightening it up at all......and something along the lines of what the Ravens do would be good I think. RWS is the most slack in terms of security, and sometimes when you see what other teams do, it's troubling a little bit.

Just my 2 cents.

I wonder if you carry one of those clear vinyl backpacks (12x12x12) it will be considered a bag.  :angry:

413616[/snapback]

I've brought in my clear backpack before. Didn't have it with me last night though. What I do is take it off as I approach the gate and hold it out towards the security guard. They have either just did a glance at it, or grab it and turn it around to look at each side. None have actually opened it to paw through it. Only once, in the several years I had it, has a guard made a comment about it being a backpack, but they still let it in when I replied that it was my "clear bag smaller than 12x12x12."

In all the years I've brought a bag in, any bag, I've always done the same routine of holding it out towards security. If it's not a clear bag I have it open for them to look into. Never have they told me to take it back to my vehicle.