Patriots vs Saints scouting thread

Ralonzo

Let's get a looksee at how the offseason losses and additions affect the #1 target in the AFC East.

Edit: Oh my goodness, 5 minutes of hero-worship, followed by a pick on the first play, a weak duck 12-yard out for the Golden Child. Maybe there is some kernel to the arm trouble story...

BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:lol::):blush::w00t:

That was a great first play of the preseason! Marcia throws an out, the corner read it like a book and step right in front for the pick.

Maybe it's a sign of happy days to come.

That was hilarious to watch Brady throw that INT...especially because it was against the Saints Defense which is downright pathetic.

Still though, Brady rebounded with a nice throw to Tim Dwight...which amazed me due to two reasons:

1) Brady took a nasty hit but didnt seem to phase him at all

2) I didnt even know Tim Dwight was even alive

That was hilarious to watch Brady throw that INT...especially because it was against the Saints Defense which is downright pathetic. 

Still though, Brady rebounded with a nice throw to Tim Dwight...which amazed me due to two reasons:

1)  Brady took a nasty hit but didnt seem to phase him at all

2)  I didnt even know Tim Dwight was even alive

411703[/snapback]

I think the funniest thing about this game so far is that the saints have mike sheppard as OC... :lol::):blush:

Arm looked ok on a 45-yard completion to Tim Dwight, although the Saints CB looked like a bum. I would have to think that any of K Thomas, J Greer or E King make a play on that ball - it wasn't a terrific throw.

Rodney Harrison has looked good, both on run support, and just now popping a ball loose from the FB.

Refs look to be in midseason form... a pretty obvious offside by McGinest bacomes a false start after a lengthy conference, which I'm sure went like this: "Hey who threw the flag on NE? They don't commit penalties!" "Oh crap, I forgot... hey any of you guys got anything on white?" "I think I saw #75 wrinkle his nose during the snap count." "Good enough... false start it is."

Arm looked ok on a 45-yard completion to Tim Dwight, although the Saints CB looked like a bum. I would have to think that any of K Thomas, J Greer or E King make a play on that ball - it wasn't a terrific throw.

To say the least. The ball was underthrown and Dwight had to reach through the corner to make a very nice catch. If the corner had bothered to turn around, it was right in his hands.

To say the least.  The ball was underthrown and Dwight had to reach through the corner to make a very nice catch.  If the corner had bothered to turn around, it was right in his hands.

411716[/snapback]

That Faqir Brown at corner for N.O. has Faqin Sucked. He looks like the Pats personal pony ride. They've gone at Mike McKenzie once and were denied.

I remember back in the 99 season when flutie was your QB I honestly thought the bills were superbowl bound. Your team had that championship quality about them. I was cheering for them, any team from our division playing like that how can you not root for them. Then flutie is benched, rob johnson starts against the titans did good, other then that sack resulting in a safety.2 point's man oh man those friggin 2 point,s. Then the forward lateral!!!!!!!! The ref's on that call granted the titans to proceed to the superbowl.2 point's unbelievable. I still to this day thought the bills with that stellar defense and total team chemistry were destined for the trophy.

The Pats first-stringers gave up 125 rushing yards in the first half.  Hmmmm......

411765[/snapback]

Patriots | Warren Sits Out Preseason Game

Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:06:22 -0700

Tom Curran, of the Providence Journal, reports New England Patriots DL Ty Warren (undisclosed) did not play in Thursday's, Aug. 18, preseason game against the New Orleans Saints.

The Pats first-stringers gave up 125 rushing yards in the first half.  Hmmmm......

411765[/snapback]

I was wondering about that. It seemed like the gave up yards easily inside the tackles, and Deuce stiff-armed one of those new LBs right into the turf.