Defense needs a nickname

Mickey

I think it is high time this defense got some kind of nickname. Based on what Spikes told the announcers before the Green Bay scrimmage, I am submitting the following candidate:

"The Downhill Gang"

Please submit your own and say which of those already posted by someone else is your favorite. Eventually, we should have a few candidates for a poll.

Your point being?

407735[/snapback]

Meaning the section of the stadium in which one is most likley to hear obscenities. I see a guy there every game who chants over and over "Moulds You Suck" and "Moulds is an !@#$" from the opening kick to the final gun. My younger sister finally couldn't take it anymore in the Pittsburgh game and walked over to him, all 105 lbs of her, and said "If you don't shut the f**k up I will kick your ass blue you freak." He tried to take a swing at her but was too drunk to figure out which hand had the beer and which hand was free to throw a punch. He just sat there with a puzzled look on his face for the longest time until he finally muttered something like "awww, f**k it".

Meaning the section of the stadium in which one is most likley to hear obscenities.  I see a guy there every game who chants over and over "Moulds You Suck" and "Moulds is an !@#$" from the opening kick to the final gun.  My younger sister finally couldn't take it anymore in the Pittsburgh game and walked over to him, all 105 lbs of her, and said "If you don't shut the f**k up I will kick your ass blue you freak."  He tried to take a swing at her but was too drunk to figure out which hand had the beer and which hand was free to throw a punch.  He just sat there with a puzzled look on his face for the longest time until he finally muttered something like "awww, f**k it".

407787[/snapback]

Hahaha!!! Entertaining story (glad nothing serious happened to her, BTW), but I have seen a**holes in many sections, end zones included.

Hahaha!!!  Entertaining story (glad nothing serious happened to her, BTW), but I have seen a**holes in many sections, end zones included.

407801[/snapback]

Yeah, they are everywhere unfortunately.

My favorite endzone story:

I was sitting in the endzone and got there early to enjoy my chilli cheese fries before kickoff. As I am going down the aisle this babe, this blond haired, amply endowed babe does a double take on my chilli cheese fries. With her eyes popping out of her head she asked me where I got them and I pointed in the general direction of a vendor and then she said, "Can I try one?" Of course, my answer was "be my guest".

She picks up a fry with gobs of cheese and chilli on it and before she gets it to her mouth, it slides out of her fingers and drops onto her chest scoring a bullseye on her cleavage with her bra stopping it from descending any further. Well, it got suddenly quiet, I looked at her and she looked at me and then I looked down and then back up and then down again. She made no move to retrieve the chilli cheese fry from its new found paradise and for a moment, a glorious moment, I took her inaction as an invitation to do the gentlemanly thing and help her out of this dilemma. I was only too happy to help. My fingers twitched ever so slightly as I began to make a move. Just then I saw her eyes look to the side and so I glanced in that direction. There stood what was clearly her boyfriend standing there with his hands on his hips and a look on his face that said "Do not even think about it". "Perhaps" I said, "you should do the honors." I handed him a napkin and he went for it. As they walked up the stairs he turned around and rolled his eyes as if to say, "She does this sh*t all the time..."

That is my new pick-up strategy. Get some chilli cheese fries and then walk closely by some babe who looks like she really wants to cheat on her diet. The alcohol per fan ratio is best in the endzone area so that is a good place to start.

I think it is high time this defense got some kind of nickname.  Based on what Spikes told the announcers before the Green Bay scrimmage, I am submitting the following candidate:

"The Downhill Gang"

Please submit your own and say which of those already posted by someone else is your favorite.  Eventually, we should have a few candidates for a poll.

407668[/snapback]

Perhaps "Gray's Anatomy" because of Jerry Gray and the fact that they put people in the hospital? Right Pennington?

R Rich has some nice end zone seats.....

I likey!!!

While getting there before kickoff my buddy and I were drinking a nice cold can

of smuggled in Blue Light....security caught us and made us give them the beer thank goodness the guy next to us had a bottle of Vodka and Jim Beam...ouch!

There was a drunk guy in front of us and he kept screaming "KEGGLE"....."KEGGLE"...

I laughed my A$$ off.....

not for the faint of heart though.....Thanks again Rich

Yeah, they are everywhere unfortunately.

My favorite endzone story:

I was sitting in the endzone and got there early to enjoy my chilli cheese fries before kickoff.  As I am going down the aisle this babe, this blond haired, amply endowed babe does a double take on my chilli cheese fries.  With her eyes popping out of her head she asked me where I got them and I pointed in the general direction of a vendor and then she said, "Can I try one?"  Of course, my answer was "be my guest". 

She picks up a fry with gobs of cheese and chilli on it and before she gets it to her mouth, it slides out of her fingers and drops onto her chest scoring a bullseye on her cleavage with her bra stopping it from descending any further.  Well, it got suddenly quiet, I looked at her and she looked at me and then I looked down and then back up and then down again.  She made no move to retrieve the chilli cheese fry from its new found paradise and for a moment, a glorious moment, I took her inaction as an invitation to do the gentlemanly thing and help her out of this dilemma.  I was only too happy to help.  My fingers twitched ever so slightly as I began to make a move.  Just then I saw her eyes look to the side and so I glanced in that direction.  There stood what was clearly her boyfriend standing there with his hands on his hips and a look on his face that said "Do not even think about it".  "Perhaps" I said, "you should do the honors."  I handed him a napkin and he went for it.  As they walked up the stairs he turned around and rolled his eyes as if to say, "She does this sh*t all the time..."

That is my new pick-up strategy.  Get some chilli cheese fries and then walk closely by some babe who looks like she really wants to cheat on her diet.  The alcohol per fan ratio is best in the endzone area so that is a good place to start.

407825[/snapback]

Hahaha!!! I see stuff like that happen on occasion in my section (end zone/tunnel side). That doesn't surprise me.

R Rich has some nice end zone seats.....

I likey!!!

While getting there before kickoff my buddy and I were drinking a nice cold can

of smuggled in Blue Light....security caught us and made us give them the beer thank goodness the guy next to us had a bottle of Vodka and Jim Beam...ouch!

There was a drunk guy in front of us and he kept screaming "KEGGLE"....."KEGGLE"...

I laughed my A$$ off.....

not for the faint of heart though.....Thanks again Rich

407834[/snapback]

No problem. You're welcome to any of the 3 home games I still have for sale (Dolphins, Falcons, Panthers).

Hahaha!!!  I see stuff like that happen on occasion in my section (end zone/tunnel side).  That doesn't surprise me. 

407842[/snapback]

I'm endzone tunnel side as well, all kinds of freaks. Especially on Canada day, when they get the "flutie" and "Argo" chants going. I'm row one, so whenever we go to our seats there is ALWAYS someone there taking pictures or looking for autographs. At first I am polite, "excuse me, these are my seats." But when I get the just a minute or whatever reply, I pull the " tried to be nice now get the hell out, you have two choices on your own or with help from me." Then they get all defensive and leave, hey I tried to be nice!!

I'm endzone tunnel side as well, all kinds of freaks.  Especially on Canada day, when they get the "flutie" and "Argo" chants going.  I'm row one, so whenever we go to our seats there is ALWAYS someone there taking pictures or looking for autographs.  At first I am polite, "excuse me, these are my seats."  But when I get the just a minute or whatever reply, I pull the " tried to be nice now get the hell out, you have two choices on your own or with help from me."  Then they get all defensive and leave, hey I tried to be nice!!

408059[/snapback]

If you had a video camera, the film would likely be saleable.. :doh:

I think it is high time this defense got some kind of nickname.  Based on what Spikes told the announcers before the Green Bay scrimmage, I am submitting the following candidate:

"The Downhill Gang"

Please submit your own and say which of those already posted by someone else is your favorite.  Eventually, we should have a few candidates for a poll.

407668[/snapback]

Defense: "We're #2".

Special Teams: "April's Fools".

Offense: "Nonoffensive".