What is Retatta?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Retatta one of those indigenous Western New York dishes, like beef on weck (good) or the garbage plate (awful)?

Send me some sponge candy, please...

Mike

407613[/snapback]

I won't touch a retatta with a 10 foot pole, but your gonna pee some people off with your garbage plate comment. Those that regularly partake in them swear by their cleansing abilities.

I won't touch a retatta with a 10 foot pole, but your gonna pee some people off with your garbage plate comment.  Those that regularly partake in them swear by their cleansing abilities.

407632[/snapback]

My views on garbage plates (I thought) were known previously on this board.

Cleansing abilities?? A couple of Exlax or a jar of Metamucil will also do the trick.

BTW, I read the first two pages of the old thread. That stuff sounds more awful than the garbage plate, and I NEVER thought that was possible.

Mike

I was watching Rachael Ray on the Food Network tonight and wondering what she could do with Retatta...

:D

Methinks you won't see her cook this, or see Retatta on the menu at Ilio Dipaolo's, anytime soon.

Mike

I was watching Rachael Ray on the Food Network tonight and wondering what she could do with Retatta...

:D

Methinks you won't see her cook this, or see Retatta on the menu at Ilio Dipaolo's, anytime soon.

Mike

409416[/snapback]

Rachel can't touch it. She does "Thirty Minute Meals".

Thanks for asking! I even did a dictionary search trying to figure out what that word meant.  :D

409583[/snapback]

Someone should add a Wikipedia entry. Make sure you do the full history, who invented it, the Retatta War of 2005, all the pertinent information.

Edit: Here's the form...someone make history.

Retatta entry form

(anyone can edit an entry once it is in there...that's the beauty of Wikipedia.)

Oh my.  To the initiated no explanation is necessary, for the uninitiated no explanation is possible.

Better read:

Retatta Primer

407652[/snapback]

Somehow the Retatta thread needs to be permanently linked to the title page, for those that need a good laugh at work.

Rachel can't touch it. She does "Thirty Minute Meals".

409569[/snapback]

Cliffhanger double episode....the definitive Retatta....it will be a sweeps week thing..our favorite Hoosier as special guest chef..